Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Game of Thrones (season 6)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Game of Thrones (season 6)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-26-2016 12:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Jon will be resurrected at the end of season 6 so for the series finale he can impregnate Daenerys, she'll squeeze out a dragon kid and they'll both fly to King's Landing and skullfuck Cersei while Littlefinger jacks off in the corner and Brienne falls in love with Sansa.

I put a tenner on this being closer to the truth than most of us would give it credit for.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-26-2016 12:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh btw:
There’s been rumors of another Red Priestess appearing in the show this year, who shows up to speak to Tyrion and Varys in Meereen about Daenerys.

From http://io9.gizmodo.com/all-the-secrets- ... 1763642181

Edit:
Actually, check trailer #2 at 0:55
There's the new red woman. She looks nothing like melissandre. It's unlikely that she is melissandre looking different. She'd somehow have to travel to Meereen, a place, mind you, where the firelord is becoming increasingly popular. A new priest of the firelord would be the most likely explanation.

In other words, you haven't seen Melissandre talk to Tyrion.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 04-26-2016 12:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dude, spoilers.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-26-2016 12:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Dude, spoilers.

Says you :offended:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 04-26-2016 06:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol was only pulling your chain :up:

For those that don't know due to avoiding actual 'spoilers', ignore everything I said about red bitch. I was wrong she could still potentially be dead.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-26-2016 09:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:

:dts:

:olo: :dts: :olo:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-26-2016 11:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Still so bitter

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-01-2016 06:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's how you do an episode 1 bitches.

And I fucking told you. twice.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-01-2016 06:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck yeah.

And Ramsey's ruthlessness has no bounds...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-01-2016 07:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn that was a good episode!

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 07:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ramsey is brutal as fuck. So do we think Snow will unite the banner men of the north against the Boltons, who are massing an army ?. There isn't really anyone else who can unless bigger and better things are planned for Sansa, but I'm guessing she wants a word with little finger.

I also took note in the ep that the Iron Islands turn up whilst Dragon lady had all her ships burned.... coincidence !?

dis gon b gud

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 07:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ohhhh, good point on the Greyjoys. But where does this mysterious Greyjoy brother/uncle fit in?

I'm pretty sure Ramsey will attack Castle Black, not knowing the wildling army is there with a Giant. Snow will kill Ramsey, or if we're lucky, the Giant will use Olly to club Ramsey over the wall...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 07:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea true, Sansa is off to CB too innit. So the story is heading for CB, wether Ramsey escapes / Snow leads the North is anyones guess after that.

And I was thinking the mysterious uncle is the lead in to Dragon Lady. Iron Islanders can't fight on land either, which they made a point about in the episode, but Dragon Lady can. It's a guess but I think it's an obvious direction. The problem though is her story seems to be a bit of a dead rubber atm.

Something I laughed at mind -

*front door gets turned into splinters*

"Castle black has defended against the Wildlings for XXXX years"

:olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 07:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It makes a lot of sense for Dany and the Greyjoys to team up. Dany could marry Reek, keeping her vow to never bear children. Cause, ya know, no cock...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 07:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 11:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:

Agh lad, that's just the wee back door. You shud see my FRONT doors aye?!

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 11:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
So, who fished up Baelon and how exactly did they ever find him?

Ahah

Only to you know, push him back out

Eraser wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

Agh lad, that's just the wee back door. You shud see my FRONT doors aye?!

It's a castle, every door is a front door ;)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 11:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You haven't been paying attention. Ramsay even mentioned that Castle Black isn't fortified from the south. You can walk right in.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 11:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not a castle then. What castle just has a front ?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 11:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

One that is nestled up next to a rather large wall...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 11:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Then that wall makes a side dumbass

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 11:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Castle Black was built to defend the wall against whatever came in from the north. Nothing could attack it from the south due to said wall. Hence the south side not being fortified.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 12:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I get that, but Castle Black is actually some barracks next to a big wall.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 01:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CB shall henceforth be known as Bastard Barracks

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 09:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heh yea it's not reallly a castle I guess

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 09:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh I was disappointed with the ending of the episode. That ressurecting someone is possible was already established through Beric Dondarrion, so Melissandre ressurecting Jon Snow was the obvious guess, but I found it a little disappointing that while it was made really obvious that she's not really into it, she still succeeded in the most corny way. At the very least, they should've waited with Jon Snow's gasp for breath to the next episode to at least put everyone on the wrong foot. In reality, I sort of hoped Melissandre to fail and something different happening to Jon Snow. For a moment, I thought he had moved his conscious over to the wolf, like a Warg. The books actually describe something like this happening to the wildling Warg that died.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 11:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It succeeding without any hope it would, is a theme:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/ ... _relevant/

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 05-03-2016 01:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shame how they killed off Roose and not Ramsay - the old guy was as cruel as the young one but calculating as well, which is far more interesting than simply being monster. How dreary!

Loved the dwarf-dragon scene :up:

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-03-2016 01:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I still believe Melissandre was previously unwittingly serving the darkness; with that in mind, last night was her redemption.

As for warging, I'm losing any hope we'll ever see more of this from anyone except Bran, much like I suspect they've sliced Lady Stoneheart from the TV show too. They missed the opportunity from the books to have Arya warg (she did so while blind, although she thinks it's a dream because she has no-one to tell her otherwise), and Jon's story's been a whole lot less interesting without warging or his battle with an experienced Wildling warg who turns in to something much more menacing.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 05-03-2016 01:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
I still believe Melissandre was previously unwittingly serving the darkness; with that in mind, last night was her redemption.

Yarr, still a fan of this theory, think you mentioned it before and it makes a lot of sense :up:

On a sidenote; did we see the brother of mr Sea king before? He didn't seem familiar at all to me... what's his deal? Apparently he hadn't been home for a while or something?

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 05-03-2016 01:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:

I agree, but redemption or not, once the onion king finds out about Che(sp?) he's gonna fuck her shit up.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 05-03-2016 02:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Che(sp?)

Eh? :confused:

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-03-2016 03:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
On a sidenote; did we see the brother of mr Sea king before? He didn't seem familiar at all to me... what's his deal? Apparently he hadn't been home for a while or something?

No, you wouldn't have seen him before.

He was introduced in A Dance With Dragons, as a pretty blatant plot device.
Personally, I thought his introduction and how he complicates an already complicated story were a mistake on Martin's behalf, but to be honest, most of A Dance With Dragons is like that. He just started introducing new characters willy-nilly, with little background and quite obviously to introduce conflict where previously there was none. Thankfully, the show-runners seem to be of the same mind regarding some of the other characters, but I wish they'd done the same with this one too.

I can't say much more without spoiling things, but if they keep it the same as the books, he is in possession of a glaringly obvious Deus Ex Machina. Definitely one of the low points in the books for me.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-03-2016 03:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I disliked the entire Ironborn storyline. It leads to nowhere.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 05-03-2016 04:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
phantasmagoria wrote:
Che(sp?)

Eh? :confused:

Lol i made that post too early in the morning.

Stannis's daughter. I meant Shireen

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.