Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Overwatch

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Overwatch

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-08-2016 02:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Soooo....Battleborn?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-08-2016 04:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk is just being bitter. What's the hate against Mercy by the way? Her ult is reviving a dead teammate. Most powerful ults are counterable even after they were activated. Soldier 76's ult is perhaps slightly overpowered but to get the most out of it, you need to be in pretty specific situations. If you use his ult to kill a single opponent the that's a waste of the ult.

I really play this game for the fun. There may be an element of luck but I'm enjoying this game nonetheless

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 05-08-2016 06:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree with the respawn times gripe

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 05-08-2016 01:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Silicone_Milk is just being bitter. What's the hate against Mercy by the way? Her ult is reviving a dead teammate. Most powerful ults are counterable even after they were activated. Soldier 76's ult is perhaps slightly overpowered but to get the most out of it, you need to be in pretty specific situations. If you use his ult to kill a single opponent the that's a waste of the ult.

I really play this game for the fun. There may be an element of luck but I'm enjoying this game nonetheless

Why do you think an ult that 'revives dead teammates' isn't that big of a deal when it's the single biggest game changing ult in the game? As long as she's around, her ult completely nullifies any kills and any usage of anybody else's ult. Often times your team will lock horns with the other team, blow ults and/or cds, then have the entire team they just killed come right back up with full health while your team is stick up shit creek without a paddle because they have no ults, abilities on CD, and no way to really defend or push back against Mercy's ult. Meanwhile, the opposing team that had died have abilities ready to use, often a few haven't even used their ult or were close to an ult and are now ready to use it. This effectively punishes your team for even engaging and killing them in the first place since it leaves you defenseless and basically just hoping Mercy's ult isn't ready or she was able to be killed to delay her use of it. It's always really fun when you focus Mercy down first, then start work on her teammates only to have her flying in after you kill everybody because of such low respawn times and just revive them before you can do anything to stop her thanks to her ability to fly to spirits. Every single ult in the game has counters; Mercy doesn't have an ult counter.
Mercy's ult can be fixed. Either they need to add some sort of rez sickness debuff when people are rezzed where they're afflicted with some sort of discord orb like debuff, or their damage output is reduced by like 50% for 5-10 seconds. Maybe have teammates rezzed recently marked by a debuff and add a hero whose ult instantly kills anybody with that debuff to make him a hard counter to Mercy; this would essentially force you to pick this hero if the enemy team has a Mercy though and only if they have a Mercy so something more in line with a discord orb would be a better solution.

Specific situations or not, I've turned around too many instances by myself where the entire enemy team is sitting on a point to capture it while the rest of my guys got wiped out. Pop my ult, turn the corner, adios. Mainly though, the point of talking about his ult wasn't to demonstrate that it's a shitty addition to the game, but to show that ults completely eliminate any notion that this game requires skill to play, just who can do rock paper scissors and get their ults up first.

I play this game for fun too. Still looking for the fun through the big blizzard of bullshit ripping through the game.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-08-2016 02:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:cry:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-08-2016 03:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why is silicone_milk such a moron?... Anyone?...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-08-2016 08:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He seems like he gets really angry when he plays video games.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-08-2016 08:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nobody is really disagreeing with him though

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-08-2016 10:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mercy can't revive a whole team. It takes a while to charge your ult. You'll be able to use it twice, maybe three times a match. You're being inconsistent as well. If you first complain about how quickly enemies are back after a kill then you cannot claim that a resurrect has such a huge impact on the game: it only cuts out the respawn and travel time for a single character once. Besides that, Mercy is useless on the offence. She has no way to deal serious damage so if you choose Mercy, you effectively cut out 1/6th of your fighting force.

Also, if you wipe out the enemy team, then sure, they're back in your face in no time, but it gives you more than enough time to take a control point or move the patrol objective forward quite a bit.

You're right that in many cases, it's about locking horns and seeing who budges first. If your team manages to push back the enemy team through the use of ults, then you have to prepare for a counter attack of a team that possibly hasn't used ults yet. It only adds to the strategic feel of the game. Brainlessly hitting the Q key as soon as your ult is available is not always the best option.

I'm just thinking you're playing this game too much like it's Quake.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 05-08-2016 10:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mercy can revive a whole team. Her ult just has a range on it so if the team is gathered on a point or payload to contest it and they die, they can all be brought back (I've done this as Mercy plenty of times).
It's not inconsistent because the issue with Mercy's ult isn't specifically that the team has a short respawn and ~10-15 second run back to the fight but that the entire team is back at full health with abilities ready to go while your team just blew its wad to make that saving play only to have it negated by Mercy.
She's not useless on offense, her pistol actually packs a bit of a punch. I haven't checked it but it seems to be about as strong as Dva's pistol out of suit. She can be punishing in tight bottlenecks from range when the team doesnt really need healing but usually it's better to just dmg boost whoever's managing to land their hits the most consistently. The pistol has saved my bacon more than a few times when caught off guard running back to my team.

I'm not sure how wiping the team gives you enough time to take a control point when her Q is instant and you can't take a point when the enemy is standing on it due to being contested.

I'm not really playing this game like it's Quake but at this point the game has simply become an exchange of Qs.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 05-09-2016 04:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not hyper competitive or anything, but I've found it quite enjoyable the bit I've gotten to play over the past few days. I probably won't be buying this, but it's a fun little shooter. Probably more fun with friends than queuing solo.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 05-09-2016 11:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mercy can revive the whole team, just like some ults can kill the whole team. You have prioritize killing certain characters like mercy, she cant revive if shes dead. It's basically like a moba in the way team fights work. Once it clicks its fun, but if you come from a competitive fps background where its more about individual performance its easy to get frustrated if you aren't in the right frame of mind.

Pubs are a mixed bag, but if everybody plays their character to their strengths, it's fine.

I like it but I ain't gonna plop down my tubmans for it

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 05-09-2016 12:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The thing with Mercy's ult is that it completely negates any ult that can kill the entire team. It also negates any ult that gives the other team enough of an edge to wipe out your team without said ult actually directly killing the team.
Even killing Mercy first isn't the solution to stopping her ult as, with the fast respawn time, she can often make it back to the action just as the rest of the team gets shit on without a healer and rez as ult charges aren't reset to 0% upon death (which would actually fix a lot of the issues I have with ults. If ults were set to 0% on death there'd be less emphasis on ults making or breaking the game and more on strategic use of abilities to not get your shit pushed in by the opposing team)

I was playing a few games as Mercy last night and her ult charge is insanely fast when healing a teammate. I was able to use her ult 6-7 times while playing defense on Dorado and I wasn't in the fight exchanges 100% of the time.
Most of the time last night kind of forced me to have to play Zenyatta as the opposing teams were often stacking multiple tanks and everybody wanted to be a genji, tracer, or widowmaker. Landed some nice PotGs melting tanks with discord orb. I feel like he might actually be a pretty underrated hero and his discord orb might be a little too strong; the only thing balancing him out is that he dies just from somebody sneezing in his direction.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 05-09-2016 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Her ult is supposed to negate the enemy ult is the thing. That's why if 2 high skill teams play they don't q willy nilly, they make sure that bitch is dead. The meta evolves around mercy being a cunt. I think it's what makes it fun.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-09-2016 12:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I rarely see people play as mercy. Maybe because she's boring as fuck to play or maybe because she's not that overpowered at all. Either way, I have yet to see mercy do a revive on more than 1 person. I guess reviving multiple people is something that is too hard to reliably do. Mostly due to team mates not dying close to each o other.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 05-09-2016 01:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I disagree with the idea of making a game that's supposed to be about countering heroes with opposing heroes being so focused on a single one having to be shutdown for any other group of heroes to succeed. And, again, I've had matches where either myself or a teammate has killed the enemy Mercy and we push in, pop a couple ults to clear the team and sit on objective only to have the Mercy we had just killed fly to one of the souls of her teammates, Q, and the point is now contested, enemies pop their ults and we're toast. Killing Mercy is not a counter to her ult, just a delay and no hero should have an ult with no counter to it.
To be fair, I think Zenyatta's ult can't be countered or interrupted other than just wait it out, but it feels a lot more strategic using it to protect the team from a nasty incoming ult or two. I think it has the same range as Mercy's ult as well and the team kind of has to stick around you to get protected/healed.

Mercy is, for me at least, dreadfully boring to play. I've only picked her to secure wins for my team hanging back and Qing if more than one teammate was killed.
Typically the teams I'm with die close enough to each other so as to be able to rez multiples of them. Either from contesting a point or fighting on the payload to prevent its movement. It's not hard to reliably rez multiple teammates at all, a lot of Mercys I've seen just pop it as soon as the first teammate dies.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 05-09-2016 01:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mercy is just where the meta game starts. Once you change strategies or find a good counter character to shut her down, it forces the opposing team to adapt and counter your strategy, and eventually Mercy don't seem all that great anymore.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-09-2016 02:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Moron alerts!...

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 05-22-2016 11:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The animated shorts they've released are tremendously well done, per the usual Blizzard standard.

The original cinematic trailer:

Recall:

Alive:

Dragons:

Hero:

We Are Overwatch:

Launches tomorrow. I ended up deciding to get it. A good buddy of mine is really into it and we ended up having a lot of fun during the beta.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-23-2016 08:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can't wait to dig in again :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-03-2016 09:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So a few people I know love this and are trying to get me to buy it. All the reviews have been hugely positive...anyone playing it here?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-03-2016 12:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, yes, I am

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-03-2016 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's nice to see Blizzard finally figured out how to animate shit. Remember the old cinematics from Diablo and Warcraft?. Even back in the day they were awful. They looked nice as still shots, but in motion it was all wrong. When did they go from Korean animation sweatshop to Pixar level cinematics? :up:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 06-03-2016 02:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
It's nice to see Blizzard finally figured out how to animate shit. Remember the old cinematics from Diablo and Warcraft?. Even back in the day they were awful. They looked nice as still shots, but in motion it was all wrong. When did they go from Korean animation sweatshop to Pixar level cinematics? :up:

You have a very skewed memory if that's your impression of old Blizzard cinematics. The Diablo, Warcraft, WoW cinematics have almost always been top tier relative to what other games were producing at the time. D2, when the wanderer sets the inn ablaze? Act 3 with Tyrael? Act 4 when they open the portal? Baal assaulting Secheron? The LoD finale? Show me one other game from the year 2000 with cinematics like that. Not as familiar with the Starcraft series, but those were great too, from 1998 no less. The marines investigating the derelict ship. The hillbillies getting attacked by zerg. W3/TFT had incredible cinematics too. The fight against Mannoroth. Archimonde and the World Tree. Arthas becoming the Lich King. I don't know if you thinking of the Warcraft 1/2 days specifically, because I never played those. WoW's cinematics from WotLK onwards have been absolutely stellar, and the older ones were nothing to sneeze at. Yes, Overwatch cinematics have a fairly distinct style and these are far better than what Blizzard have produced in the past, but they're also a lot more recent. And of course they're never going to compare to animated movies, they don't have a fraction of the budget.

Don Carlos wrote:
So a few people I know love this and are trying to get me to buy it. All the reviews have been hugely positive...anyone playing it here?

I'm playing it. It's fantastically good fun :up:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-03-2016 04:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was specifically referring to the original Diablo and Warcraft, and I wasn't comparing them to anything in particular. I'm just saying they've come a long way. I think it was around WoW when a marked difference started to emerge.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 06-03-2016 04:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I was specifically referring to the original Diablo and Warcraft

Yeah, but that's not really saying much is it? "Quality of cinematics improves drastically in 22 year span". Stop the presses!

Transient wrote:
When did they go from Korean animation sweatshop to Pixar level cinematics? :up:

Transient wrote:
I think it was around WoW when a marked difference started to emerge.

Looks like you've solved your own riddle there [although I'd place it a few years prior, closer to the D2/W3 era].

OKAY I'M DONE I'LL STOP NOW :clownboat:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-03-2016 04:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not every post has to be a revelation. :up:

*hug*

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 05:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Went out and bought this to kill some time before Rome. It has a very Avengers "Save the world with your team" sort of feel to it. It is basically Team Fortress 2 with a lot of different characters, which is no bad thing in my opinion. TF2 is quality and I can see this game stealing a lot of my time once I get to grips with the characters.

Friendly Fun :)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 05:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In before "Bastion is overpowered" :p

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 09:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I caved in and bought the game. It's pretty well polished. :up:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 06-06-2016 04:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Going back to the balance discussion on Mercy. Game's been out for two weeks now, and I've played a hefty amount of support during that time. I don't believe Mercy is overpowered, especially in random groups. I'm going to make a lot of comparisons to Lúcio, because Mercy and him really are the two primary healers. Zenyatta is not directly comparable as he only has Orb of Harmony [single target on one character] and Transcendence [ult]. He plays pretty offensively too with Orb of Discord. In any case, I almost never see him used as a primary healer, he's mostly there in addition to one of the others, and his healing output is a fraction of what Lúcio and Mercy can produce. Symmetra is tagged as support, and does have Photon Shield, but she's more of a defence character with Sentry Turret and Teleporter.

Firstly, my personal experience and impressions. I've spent about 7 hours playing Lúcio and just a bit less than that on Mercy.

Mercy can actually be really frustrating to play as. There are a number of drawbacks to her skill set. The range on Caduceus Staff is fairly limited [15m], and although you've got to watch out for positioning and not unduly expose yourself to enemy fire [especially snipers] on all characters, it's harder to do with Mercy if you want to keep people alive.

Doing well with Mercy is strongly dependent on having a good team with you. If you have a good tank protecting the squishies, and good offence players who position themselves well behind cover and make sure you can reach them when they need healing, you can do reasonably well. On the other hand, in many pub games you're going to run into people playing overly aggressively, standing out of position, and overall just not doing a good job of protecting you. Mercy is weaker in those situations.

You can also only do one thing at a time as Mercy. You can choose to either heal one character, provide a damage boost to one character, or use Caduceus Blaster [which is rarely the correct move]. Quickly and effectively picking the correct target to heal or damage boost amongst a cluster of teammates can be tricky. Occasionally I'll have to stop casting, re-position and re-target, and then cast again to hit the right target. Sometimes I'll need to do that multiple times, and it can get really tricky in the heat of battle when you're getting attacked from multiple sides. Sometimes it results in wasted time when you're not healing the character you want. Sometimes they'll die before you can target them.

Lúcio's tool set is very different, and seems to work better with random pub teams. He's easier to play, hardier, and his healing is almost entirely passive. You're never just healing one character, you're healing everyone in range and LOS. The range on his heals [30m] is double that of Mercy's heal. The regular heal is weak [12 lps], but when you Amp It Up, it's almost as strong [40 lps] as Mercy's single target heal [50 lps], remembering again that it's for everyone in range and LOS. Drawback being, it's on a cooldown, but playing well with Lúcio means learning when to use it effectively.

Self healing? As Mercy you can't. You have to stop taking damage for a few seconds before your passive heal kicks in, which means hiding, and potentially breaking LOS with allies. You cannot target yourself and heal. Lúcio's song heals him as well.

Lúcio can also do multiple things at the same time. As Mercy, you have to pick between the heal, damage boost, and firing the pistol. Lúcio can heal and fire simultaneously. I pump out an average of 2,519 damage per match as Lúcio, better players can probably do a lot more. I get a reasonable number of eliminations with decent damage contribution. I can put in a significant amount of damage into Reinhardt shields, breaking them that much faster. I can harass snipers, forcing them to move, making them less effective. I can take out Toblerone turrets. All the while healing my team at the same time. Can Mercy's damage boost put out similar damage numbers overall? There's no easy way to calculate it, but I'm sure it can. Not nearly as easily though, and without the extra person firing shots. And you have to make sure your teammate that you've damage boosted can aim well. And you can't be doing anything else at the same time.

With Mercy, you're outsourcing a lot of your usefulness into your teammates, and that's not always going to pay off. You can't guarantee the other random pub player is going to be any good, but you can at least know that you are a good player.

Mobility wise, I find Guardian Angel is pretty good for flitting around from player to player. Once again though, its usefulness is dictated by your team's positioning. It doesn't help you get back into the action quicker aside from the final leap when you reach your team. Lúcio's mobility song is mega useful for getting people back into the action after deaths, or reaching objectives quicker at the start of the match. The other thing Mercy struggles a lot with is getting separated from the team. E.g. running back after a death and getting singled out by an enemy roamer. You're almost always going to be an easier kill as Mercy, whereas Lúcio has the solo mobility, healing throughput, damage, and CC [Sonic Amplifier knockback] to evade or kill them.

Finally, let's talk ultimates. IMO, Resurrect is not as good as Sound Barrier. Getting that perfect 4-5 person clutch res to save the match is rare in practice. I've had a 4 person res happen literally just once since the game launched. It's not often that many people to die in close proximity to each other, and at the same time, and you also haven't died, and you're able to get back in time before you're killed, and hit the button. In many skirmishes, I've found myself having 1 person die, and then hoping another will soon so that my res can be useful. We'll have a bit of a respite while the enemy team is reloading, or waiting for mini cooldowns to come up, etc. In that time, the first person's death bubble will tick over, and I'll need to decide whether to res a single person, or wait for someone else to die and hope for their timers to overlap. And then the timers don't overlap. And you feel very sad that you have a useless ult. I've eventually realized it's better to just get the 1-2 person res, and to get it quickly to start charging up your next one. I think that's why it charges as quickly as it does, you're meant to use it often. If I get 3 people, I consider myself lucky.

Sound Barrier is pfg. What's better than ressing people after they die? Not letting them die in the first place. Sound Barrier can absorb a lot of damage. It completely negates one or more ult from the enemy team. Instead of scrambling for cover, your teammates can hunt down the ulting enemies since many times using an ult can leave you exposed and vulnerable. I've completely absorbed a D.Va ult in the middle of 5 teammates, saving the match. Didn't lose a single person. As Mercy, I would have had to run out and save myself, then fly back in and res, hoping everyone was in range, and that I was able to hit the button before getting killed. Pharah, Reaper, Hanzo, so many other ults, are almost all entirely negated. You can throw in an Amp It Up at the same time if the shield gets shredded too quickly.

I'm sure at least part of my perception of Mercy is because I'm either not a good Mercy player [abysmal 26% win rate with Mercy vs. 64% with Lúcio], or I have the terrible misfortune of mostly getting grouped with bad players when I'm on her. In fairness though, the time I put in with Mercy was in the first days after launch, when I didn't really know the maps or the game that well. My Lúcio playtime is all more recent when my overall game knowledge and experience is higher. I don't think I would be as bad with Mercy if I picked her now, but with Lúcio being a sturdier choice for random pubs, it's hard to go back. Not sure if this invalidates my argument, but I don't think it does. I am going to try Mercy again soon and see if I can do better.

The surest way of learning how to counter specific characters is to play them yourself, and find out what you struggle with. And I don't just mean in a match or two here and there. Really put in the time to learn the ins and outs, the tricks and the frustrations. When you find yourself consistently struggling for LOS and range, or to meaningfully use your res, or select the correct target for healing, you'll know how to frustrate and harass an enemy Mercy. And yes, occasionally a great Mercy will be paired with a good team and seem invincible, or will pull off an amazing res, and you'll lose the match. But that's OK. You can't win them all. As long as it's not happening an inordinate amount, it's balanced. And you'll appreciate a well played Mercy that much more and not be as frustrated playing against her, because you'll know how much work was required to pull it off.

Which brings me to, statistics. Not just my own, but across the entire player base. Have a look at the Master Overwatch website, which has a page ranking heroes overall. I've linked the PC stats only to not muddy the numbers with console gamepad peasantry.

http://masteroverwatch.com/heroes/pc/global

This is aggregate data counting matches played by all indexed players. They retrieve the raw data using Blizzard APIs, and present it in what is quite frankly, a very smexy layout. Check out the win rate percentages across the two healing supports.

Lúcio is the third best character with a win rate of 57.8%, while Mercy is dead last at 48%. They say you can twist statistics to say anything, but I'm not sure what else to make of this, other than that Mercy is not overpowered. And it isn't representation skewing the numbers either, they're both selected at just about the same rate, with Lúcio accounting for 7.22% of all matches and Mercy for 7.48%. So it wouldn't really be fair to say that Lúcio is stronger in KotH maps [which is where most people pick him] therefore his win rate is higher.

These numbers are for quick play games, and it's possible the situation is going to be vastly different in ranked mode, or professional level competitive tournament play. I guess we'll have to wait for the competitive scene to warm up and for ranked mode to be introduced [later this month]. I've done some light reading, and most competitive comps use both Mercy and Lúcio, but if they need to drop a support for a different character [e.g. Symmetra on defence], Lúcio is generally the one who is sacrificed. I think that makes sense in context, because in competitive pre-made groups, most of Mercy's random pub weaknesses aren't going to apply. You have known teammates who are going to be good players. Regardless, quick play is where everyone else is, so I think this is relevant.

TL;DR: Mercy isn't overpowered, don't let just that factor put you off the game :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-06-2016 06:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Great post!

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-06-2016 06:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy Shit U4EA! I will read that when I have a spare day ;)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-06-2016 06:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Love that masteroverwatch site by the way. Have been comparing stats with my colleagues at work :D

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-06-2016 10:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In my experience, Mercy is best when you're teamed up with friends who know WTF they're doing, and Lucio is better for PUBs. When I'm in a random Quick Match, people tend to spread out and break LOS too much for me to be particularly useful to the whole team. My guess is that when people see me pick Mercy, they assume that the group will be all set without any more support, and we end up with 3 Pharahs on the team. I tend to end up following around 1 or 2 of the smarter players and hope the rest figure it out. Plus the enemy will look for the gold wings, as Mercy makes for a tasty snack. Lucio, on the other hand, kind of fades into the background during a busy fight.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.