Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Game of Thrones (season 6)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Game of Thrones (season 6)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-03-2016 04:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wonder if they're just gonna let Jon Snow continue on his merry way as if nothing ever happened or if his resurrection has some lasting effect. Beric Dondarrion explained that every time he is resurrected he becomes less like himself. He said he loses memories as well. Maybe Jon Snow won't recognize Sansa when she reaches Castle Black?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-03-2016 04:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm suspecting there's some sort of after effect, I don't think they'll let something like that slide. I thought it's been on the cards for a while.

I'm kinda glad they got his resurrection out the way tho, we didn't actually know what was going to happen to him, they could've switched characters for all we knew so I'm glad they didn't drag it out. I mean the show did play on it, they were hinting that he could warg, resurrect or as the studio was so adamant - dead.

I would be interested in like some prequel webisodes or someshit too, I would like to see how the Starks built the wall n stuff, the mad king with his dragons etc.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-03-2016 05:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
I would be interested in like some prequel webisodes or someshit too

Your wishes might end up being granted
http://uk.businessinsider.com/george-rr ... ?r=US&IR=T

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-03-2016 05:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I disliked the entire Ironborn storyline. It leads to nowhere.

Argh shit :(, was hoping there was substance with them and Dragon lady. If she walks around a desert or sits in a pyramid for another season they may aswell fuck her off. None of her storyline has had any bearing on Westeros at all ?, it's just like a side story, Dorne has had a greater impact with far less screentime. ATM they can launch her on Westeros at any point but they just keep teasing, they have been since like season 2 when she picked up the knobless army.

Eraser wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:
I would be interested in like some prequel webisodes or someshit too

Your wishes might end up being granted
http://uk.businessinsider.com/george-rr ... ?r=US&IR=T

Was thinking of something like this, concurrent series though like they did with Stargate (I fucking knew I could get it in again)

Memphis wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:
I would be interested in like some prequel webisodes or someshit too, I would like to see how the Starks built the wall n stuff, the mad king with his dragons etc.

edit: no spoilers, as they're off the season DVD releases.

I had them on in the background before, I think that's what gave me the appetite for a GoT history series / mini series.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-03-2016 06:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Eraser wrote:
I disliked the entire Ironborn storyline. It leads to nowhere.

Argh shit :(, was hoping there was substance with them and Dragon lady. If she walks around a desert or sits in a pyramid for another season they may aswell fuck her off. None of her storyline has had any bearing on Westeros at all ?, it's just like a side story, Dorne has had a greater impact with far less screentime. ATM they can launch her on Westeros at any point but they just keep teasing, they have been since like season 2 when she picked up the knobless army.

I wouldn't know all that. Daenerys' storyline in the books ends pretty much with her running into the Dothraki again. The storyline of the Ironborn spans most of the fifth book and while I guess it's leading somewhere, it didn't progress enough to really give away what it all meant in the greater picture. At the end of the fifth book, the storyline is still going forward but it's introduced so late into the series and at this point such a massive loose end that I couldn't really get emotionally invested in it.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-03-2016 06:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a feeling this season will end with the Mother of Dragons sailing toward Westeros. And next season will be the final season of GoT...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-03-2016 06:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I read they're going to do a Breaking Bad for the next (and virtually last) season. It's going to be 13 episodes but spread across two seasons.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-03-2016 07:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I was listening to an interview with Nikolaj on the radio, and he said they are nearing the end of the television show and they essentially have 13 or 14 more hours to shoot...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-03-2016 07:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-08-2016 07:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Another great episode. I'm really liking where the story is going. Really pumped that Jon Snow left the wall. Time to set him and his wolf loose...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-08-2016 08:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Execute your colleagues then quit, what a fucking hero.

Bit of a slow ep though, was all action at the end. Normal service has resumed.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-09-2016 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ahh I forgot about the time travel. Yes, time travel... Fuck.

Rickon n all, he's the deadest thing in the show.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-09-2016 12:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty much. Its does have the whiff of a loaded gun for a cheap shot.

It can be even more dangerous than that though. Think brandon the builder :/

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-10-2016 12:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-10-2016 12:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So what ever happened to Thoros and Beric? I'm assuming their role in the story was to merely show us that bringing someone back to life is possible in the world. If they hadn't showed us Thoros saving Beric, then Jon coming back to life would have looked like a huge cop-out...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-10-2016 12:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the spoiler tags. I'm not reading that...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-10-2016 01:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

WTF? I was being courteous and thanking you for not revealing something. Christ...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-10-2016 07:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:D

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-10-2016 08:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-16-2016 04:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow, this season is really cooking!

I had really missed Littlefinger, the puppet master. :D

Also, Danny showing her tits again...:up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-16-2016 07:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Wow, this season is really cooking!

I had really missed Littlefinger, the puppet master. :D

Also, Danny showing her tits again...:up:

Tits are always a highlight

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-16-2016 01:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're making some good points...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-16-2016 09:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I put spoiler tags in because it was something shown in the advert. Already been mentioned in this thread but 1 person doesn;t like watching adverts cos he's a weirdo.

No way is Snow going to take Winterfell. If they march towards it, it's not gonna go well for the Starks. They gotta fight at bastard barracks

That letter from Ramsey was pretty chilling n all. I was like fuck man when does this end.

Last edited by losCHUNK on 05-16-2016 09:11 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-16-2016 09:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

they will get help from the grayjoys

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-16-2016 09:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like they got a bit of internal fighting going on atm and even then, they canne fight on land. It makes sense to match them up with dragon lady, maybe Snow pledges to be her warden of the North or someshit. Seems to make sense, I thought that's the direction it was going in when Robb was around but not really based on much but convenience.

The retard kids not gonna be upto much either.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 05-17-2016 02:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tormund and Brianne! :drool: :drool:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 05-17-2016 02:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So we've got Littlefinger suddenly wanting to join the fray, the Lannister / Rosepeople alliance about to move against the Sparrows, a revitalised John Snow / Greyjoy force about to seriously fuck up Winterfell, Dragon lady who just assumed power of a great horde - shit is about to kick off everywhere all at once.

Good times :up: I just fucking hope they leave the Dorn storyline for what it was, can't see that going anywhere.

phantasmagoria wrote:
Tormund and Brianne! :drool: :drool:

Yes :)

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-17-2016 04:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's a theory the letter was written by Littlefinger...

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 05-17-2016 06:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Interesting. Perhaps.

But how would he know about the littlest Stark? And how would he know Sansa has escaped (which is implied by failing to mention her)? Good to have him back in any case, i missed his Byzantine cloak and dagger shit.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-17-2016 08:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He didn't fail to mention her. He specifically said his friends in the north told him Sansa escaped. If they told him this, he was probably also told about Rickon. He also says to Robyn "Come and see", which is said twice in the letter.

https://youtu.be/xVLuOlCo5tc

https://youtu.be/MXhT7rYbIcg

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 05-17-2016 01:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh shit!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-17-2016 02:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Exactly!

It's not concrete, but I think a real possibility. Littlefinger is playing the entire Westeros. What is his end game?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-17-2016 04:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whats armys could Snow raise then ?, Tully ?, iron born maybe ?, any of the Baretheon bannermen escape ?. From the looks a lot of the North could be behind the Boltons ?.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-18-2016 12:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think the biggest takeaway here is that Sophie Turner needs a dick to the face.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-22-2016 06:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was more affected by that than the Red Wedding.

Infact I'm pretty fucking traumatised. Fuck you Bran, stupid cunt.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.