Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Muhammad Ali

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Muhammad Ali

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 01:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Apollo Creed was also fast, than he diedid

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 02:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
what should he think about seremtan?

what a cool guy and great sportsman Ali was maybe?

i dunno man, you tell me

lots of different things to think about and i'm sure eraser thought about more than one thing. :idea:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not sure though

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 02:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

That was amazing ali but Tyson was 10x faster than that dude or anyone else Ali fought against... If he tried that shit on Tyson...lol...

I think that's 30 punches in 10 seconds he dodges ?, It is fucking mental. I'm with you, I reckon Tyson was too strong and too much of an animal in his prime, I reckon he could just walk through anyones defence. He was pumping a stupid amount of fights too, I think like 1 fight every 3 months ?.

I'm not gonna say I'm 100% certain though, swings and roundabouts. If someone wants to say Ali would've KO'd Tyson no problem it would be a perfectly legitimate response as with most sports, opinions can mean more than facts.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 02:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess it doesn't matter Ali is dead and Tyson is now a loser so we will never know will we but before we go spouting delusional moron alert maybe you should watch some of his fights and yes I've watched Tyson fight many a time just like I watched Ali, oh well its done and gone now for the both of them

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ali said Tyson would have destroyed him... So if u don't agree with Ali then ur obviously a moron... And an asshole... :olo: ...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 03:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ali didn't want to piss off the mental midget and be forced to put him down.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's still good to see and talk about though :)

I still think people under estimate Tyson as a mindless animal because of the way he was portrayed in the news. He learnt his trade at a disadvantage in both height and reach then used that against his opponent. It ended up developing a fighter that had a natural movement that made it extremely difficult for 'proper' boxers to fight against.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Ali said Tyson would have destroyed him... So if u don't agree with Ali then ur obviously a moron... And an asshole... :olo: ...

There's also a pretty good chance Ali could tie Tyson up to the later rounds where Tyson was notoriously weak

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 03:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Boxers would throw the jab on Tyson trying to keep him from getting inside and when they missed he would counter with a monster jab made possible by his super speed... Grows up chumps...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 03:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yap, and he'd do it because the opposite number would usually be punching down on him, it's exactly what cost Ali the match in his 1st bout with Frazier

Frazier used to hunch over to force his opponents to punch down, which means your opponent would be swinging punches from his waist. It's also why I think a match between the 2 is commonly mentioned, as Tyson was like a Frazier with even better movement. Tyson did it in a way where he wouldn't lose mobility, he could operate at angles.

BUT Ali in the rematch mastered the clinch, which ended up completely screwing Frazier and this is something we know Tyson had problems with, especially in later rounds and had problems controlling his breathing...

Frazier hated this, as it was like a semi clinch so for the 2nd rematch the referee was told to watch for it and we all know what happened there :)

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 03:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:

Could you post up a link to that statement please

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 04:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Muhammad and Tyson on arsenio hall... Look it up urself dumbo...

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 05:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

None of those were captioned unfortunately so I don't know what they said so will take your word for it. I stand corrected

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 05:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U don't speak English?... Lol Grow up...

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 06-05-2016 07:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
U don't speak English?... Lol Grow up...

I thought we had been thru this once already, you must have forgot so I will tell you again. I'm deaf and I can speak English quite well thank you

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-06-2016 05:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow that gif of him dodging punch after punch is so incredible my first instict was 'has to be fake'. But it's not is it?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-06-2016 05:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Skip to 1:57

It was an exhibition match against a young Michael Dokes. Ali was overweight, out of shape, and at the end of his career but he still managed to clown around without getting KO'd.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.