Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Screenshots

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Screenshots

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 05-01-2016 04:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Har... the link still seems to work to the AEcell template texture set. Nice...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-01-2016 05:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ALMighty wrote:
Just started something... I forgot how much fun this is!

:up:

Q3A needs more yellow imho

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 05:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cityy wrote:

OMG... Id never take notice of this, thanks for the tip Cityy!
And THX to AEon too ;) :)

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 05-02-2016 09:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My set was fun to make, but the textures where strange as well. They where intended to be used as templates only... to then later retexture the map... but somehow, at least when I used them, the latter retexture never happened.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-09-2016 10:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whatever happened to Reflex, btw?

clueless
clueless
PostPosted: 05-10-2016 09:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Whatever happened to Reflex, btw?

I bought it and they are releasing patches and updates quite regularly. You can get an impression of the player count at steam charts. I'm not sure whether Steam is the only way to play it, but it seems so.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-03-2016 01:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Blocking around on a new one -while polishing up my last map for BETA.

New blockout:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 10:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"I emailed the guy who runs the site the binary comes from"
I thought the internet was suppose to be unforgettable, it seems old timers can soon be forgotten! :D

So here I am back from endless years of lurking in the wilderness!
What did I miss? Ummm lets see back several pages ...

@obsidian, glad to see you are still here supporting this place! :)
@dONKEY, is now doing lunchtime Q3 doodles, looks good!
@cityy, now uses Photoshop as an editor! "I do most of my rendering work in Photoshop."
@Hipshot, has become a pixel master with new Q3 map on the horizon!
@fKd produced another visual classic! called Jackal (http://lvlworld.com/review/id:2334) Looks amazing as always!
@sst13, creates a matrix style Q3 map! /mindblown
@Eraser and @fKd and @sst13 all showing Classic 20yr old Doom screenshots!?!

Ok, enough waffle from me, here some Quake 1 pixel p0rn!
back to lurking ...

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 10:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really love the colors you are producing there sock.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 11:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Didn't expect to get quoted in a different thread, like an alzheimers patient I scanned this thread for where I said that. Sneaky.

That's incredible work..what the hell Sock, what engine did you take those screenshots in? I think I see an ogre in there, is that a single player map?

Last edited by VolumetricSteve on 06-17-2016 03:41 AM, edited 1 time in total.

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 01:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is that by any chance my old sky recolored?

I love your work Simon. Some of these Quake1 things you are doing are honestly some of the best works I've seen in gaming, any game, old or new.
It's ofc a very subjective statement, but it goes very well with my liking of shapes and colors.

Make sure you post this on mapcore, they REALLY need to see something else there, mix up all those Unreal and Source images they keep posting there!
When/if I ever get the money to make my own retro FPS, I would love for you to make a level or parts of a single player/coop level!

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 04:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@sock :eek: that looks amazing!

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 10:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Most likely FitzQuake or Quakespasm

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 12:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very cool

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-19-2016 12:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sock, you are the master of brushwork, no matter what game it is for.

Very nice.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-19-2016 03:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@VolumetricSteve, The map is for Quake 1 SP using the AD MOD and the engine QuakeSpasm!
@Hipshot, yes indeed that is your skybox! I re-coloured your night moon sky so it suited Quake better (more green/brown). It would be awesome to a proper retro FPS at some point, just not sure if there is enough people that want to buy one anymore!
@fKd, cityy, dONKEY, thanks :)
@MrLego, I love working with brushes, but I can do models as well :P

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 02:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That looks amazing sock. How much further can you actually take Quake 1 brushwork before you "break" the engine/make it unplayable? Or do the modern engines solve that?

That last picture looks absolutely awesome.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 02:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sock is:

:up:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-25-2016 03:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fjoggs wrote:
How much further can you actually take Quake 1 brushwork before you "break" the engine/make it unplayable? Or do the modern engines solve that?

There are many custom Quake 1 SP maps that go well beyond the original ID levels, infact there is a special new BSP format called BSP2 which doubles the original map limits! The stuff in my screenshots runs perfectly smooth on modern hardware with a new Quake engine/client. The hardest thing to improve in Quake is the AI because it has a very limited navigation system, so most level design is setup to cater to this limitation.

@AndyW, Wow, love the poster! :D

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 06-25-2016 10:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndyW should see MFX's work

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-26-2016 04:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Theftbot wrote:
AndyW should see MFX's work

AndyW needs to get into PhotoShop... Paint = Pain :olo:

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 06-26-2016 05:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Paint is good to simple image edits (such as marking areas or black-out personal informations) to sharing. But for use in game editing it's useless as it's not producting correct format...

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 07:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GIMP's good too for that kind of stuff. And it is free.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-30-2016 12:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Screenshot-spamming-Andy again...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-30-2016 04:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looking lovely :up: . Nice use of X,Y and Z.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 07-27-2016 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hy again!

Here's my upcoming map what I'm working on:

This is my very first tech themed level trying to aim (mostly) the vertical aspects.
I'm in the testing phase with the map.

What do you think about it? Should I upload there for testing?

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
PostPosted: 07-27-2016 07:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not sure what textures to use...

Attachment:
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg [ 207.85 KB | Viewed 659 times ]
Attachment:
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg [ 212.67 KB | Viewed 592 times ]

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 07-27-2016 10:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@ALMighty: Maybe some Tech textures. Evil Lair's textureset would be great for this map. I see you already used Evil Lair's Concept textureset. So maybe use one of his Tech texturesets. E7 or E8 would be great. If you want something of higher resolution or more rusty looking, try out Sock's Industrial textureset :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-27-2016 11:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Martinus wrote:
Hy again!

Here's my upcoming map what I'm working on:

This is my very first tech themed level trying to aim (mostly) the vertical aspects.
I'm in the testing phase with the map.

What do you think about it? Should I upload there for testing?

That's one ripe for Cranky Steve's Haunted Whorehouse.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 07-27-2016 02:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That means my map not worth to post here or what?

Last edited by Martinus on 07-27-2016 03:53 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 07-27-2016 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Interesting!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-27-2016 07:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@Martinus,
I think Eraser was talking about the coloured lighting, not the level as such. I actually think the shot from outside looks pretty neat.
@Andy, I'd love to see those rock walls made from models, I'm a sucker for super smooth mesh terrain...
@ALMighty, from the layout, the overlaying walkways and doorways, I could imagine this turning into a medieval town...just thinking a little out of the box from where folks would normally go with it..

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-28-2016 08:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So some more stuff from me. This is a map I've been working on for ages. I gave up for awhile as I broke the engine and could no longer compile the thing.
Now I'm back on track and can (finally) compile with the settings I wanted:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-28-2016 09:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@dONKEY: Wow thats looking good, esp. the 2nd shot with that water-pipe! Cool light&mood. First shot fits perfect to the skybox!
I know i have still alot todo with my map :D

EDIT:

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 07-28-2016 11:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That looks very good Donkey!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.