Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Oh, Yankland

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Oh, Yankland

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-07-2016 10:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If the police had guns, they could have protected themselves...oh wait :/

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-07-2016 11:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cowardly and criminal :!: :mad:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 07-07-2016 11:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 12:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought that's what Geoffs bacon thread was about.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 12:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What a fucking huge shit hole :olo:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 06:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Micah Johnson, Timothy McVeigh, John Allen Muhammad. All trained to kill by their government (in the military).

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 08:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And then there was all those people that weren't.

Y u no say Oswald too ?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 08:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lets see what the NRA say about this.... :smirk:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 08:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Similar thing happened here a few years ago. The guy killed 3 cops with a rifle. He didn't commit suicide though and was caught. Using hate to combat hate is a pretty useless endeavor.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 08:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wow

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 09:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:

Y u no say Oswald too ?

You've missed my point but Oswald was a Marine.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 10:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Micah really sliced the pie on that one cop... Some cod moves for sure...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 10:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

Y u no say Oswald too ?

You've missed my point but Oswald was a Marine.

I think I might've, are the Marines not part of the military though ?

I was just thinking America has a huge army + tons of high profile killings / mass shootings. The chances are that a few of them would've served ?. Without taking into account other factors such as mental health.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 12:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
I was just thinking America has a huge army + tons of high profile killings / mass shootings. The chances are that a few of them would've served ?. Without taking into account other factors such as mental health.

oic I misunderstood your post re: Oswald.

Even the Americans who haven't served, get a message that violence is acceptable. America commits violence around the world through an imperialistic military strategy and there is minimal homegrown resistance, it's just seen as the norm. I think this carries over to the actions of it's citizens. Violence is seen as a valid and justifiable option.

Guys like Micah and Timothy get turned into killing machines while committing atrocities abroad (McVeigh was in the Iraq bulldozer brigade that literally just plowed troops into the ground for example) and they are taught that the violence they commit is past acceptable, it's commendable. So they get desensitized/fucked up, acquire skills that make them extremely lethal then come home and can do more damage that the random schmoe with no training. (especially with the weapons available to them as US citizens, an extra deadly combination)

I'd go as far to say that cop violence and citizen violence in the U.S. is often a form of blow-back. (not all of course but it's a component of the American psyche)

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 01:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
Even the Americans who haven't served, get a message that violence is acceptable.

Not sure if serious, or trolling... :offended:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 01:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

By the way, why do they keep calling this guy a "sniper"? Obviously the answer is because its sensational. But he wasn't sniping...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 01:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree that people are more likely to be fucked up after serving (2 of my uncles are off their rocker), but I don't think this desensitisation is played out by the media and to the public. I think the problem in that reguard is media lies, if they were honest America would have no guns and we'd have no wars. We'd also still be in fucking Europe.

I don't think they run the world, I just think they have this ability to create a warped reality bubble that can shield certain truths and peddle obvious bullshit to create a new truth that's not too different from the real thing.

Last edited by losCHUNK on 07-08-2016 01:53 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 01:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whose dumber? Red font guy or Puff Frank? That is the question...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*counts testicles*

Atleast 1 smarter than you boyo

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 01:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Equating intelligence with number of testicles... Red font guy wins the dumbest q3w member award...congrats moron... :olo: ...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 02:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What was it again ?, an infection ?. Don't be mad we tried helping you.

You get the doc done after ?

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
I agree that people are more likely to be fucked up after serving (2 of my uncles are off their rocker), but I don't think this desensitisation is played out by the media and to the public. I think the problem in that reguard is media lies, if they were honest America would have no guns and we'd have no wars. We'd also still be in fucking Europe.

I don't think they run the world, I just think they have this ability to create a warped reality bubble that can shield certain truths and peddle obvious bullshit to create a new truth that's not too different from the real thing.

Similar to Herman and Chomsky's propaganda model... I agree with you. More than just media lies though imo. It's the way institutions and national myths are built up as well imo.

There is an embodiment of the notion that 'might makes right', in the subconscious of American society. American Exceptionalism, Manifest Destiny, slavery, the many many wars, the extremely high rates of violent crime compared to other developed nations, the liberal gun laws, race relations, class divisions. It's all largely tacitly embraced in America I'd venture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_model

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 02:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye I just think that's where the problem starts though. From there on they can hold the politicians to account of what they say. If the media was honest then I think people would know who to blame for [whatever]. What we're seeing is a backlash against no one in particular.

I know about Chomsky, a little, I'm not sure if his model has the government 'running' the media though ?, cos I don't think it's like that. I think the media can be treated more politically where it needs to keep certain factions happy otherwise disapear to someone that will, whilst also trying to retain an audience and protect itself from litigation. It's a hell of a tight rope to be fair but it all develops this kind of bias.

Then there's people like Alex Jones...

Last edited by losCHUNK on 07-08-2016 02:43 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 02:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:

What a gullible moron... :olo: ...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 02:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You still got nuts ?

*high 5*

I told em, I fucken told em you wasn't stupid enough to get the chop...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 10:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

What a gullible moron... :olo: ...

lol @ geoffrey trying to END OF TEST his way out of the fact that everyone knows he got a bollock removed due to shitty american healthcare

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-09-2016 01:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Even if he was bullshitting, the end result is everyone believes he got a nut removed without a second opinion, so LOL either way.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 07-09-2016 04:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He wasn't bullshitting. I guess when you lose a ball you aren't able to man up anymore.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-09-2016 09:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

more man down

plained
plained
PostPosted: 07-09-2016 11:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dont be made because geoff has a higher logic reasoning ability.

he cant straight up tell u whats up because most cant handle it, they need to be subtly corralled into believing they "figured" it out by themselves .

usually multiple "links" that " infer" the desired path. this makes it nice and impersonal as to eliminate any feelings of embarrassment and humiliations and such that the overly emotional types feel.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-09-2016 11:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck yeah, that's exactly what I suspect when I read Geoff's high level "no u" posts :dork:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-09-2016 12:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

America is the reality TV show of third-world countries.

:olo: page 2 segregated :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-09-2016 12:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
dont be made because geoff has a higher logic reasoning ability.

he cant straight up tell u whats up because most cant handle it, they need to be subtly corralled into believing they "figured" it out by themselves .

usually multiple "links" that " infer" the desired path. this makes it nice and impersonal as to eliminate any feelings of embarrassment and humiliations and such that the overly emotional types feel.

(mostly) correct spelling - check
use of standard punctuation - check
grammatically coherent - check

oh u mad bro, u mad

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-09-2016 12:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He needed to be grammatically correct this instance to give u morons a proper crushing... Bitches DOMINATED!... :olo: ...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.