Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        How to setup GTKradiant1.5 for QUAKE-1 ? *solved, THX*

Post new topicThis topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: How to setup GTKradiant1.5 for QUAKE-1 ? *solved, THX*

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-06-2016 11:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

please, i need help!
PC:
Win7-64bit
GTKradiant1.5
quake101.wad
tons of compilers, but RADIANT always ask for "HQBSP"
Im not into coding and batching... I just want to map :(
Any tips? im trying now for 2 Days and im starting to hate Q1 like ISIS!

Last edited by AndyW on 07-12-2016 09:17 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 07-06-2016 06:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I use GTKRad 1.5 and w/e wad and:
http://ericwa.github.io/tyrutils-ericw/

clueless
clueless
PostPosted: 07-06-2016 10:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

An excellent explanation on howto setup Radiant for Quake 1 mapping by GoldenBoy can be found here:

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-help/s ... diant.html

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 07:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Radiant works now, but whatever i try, i cant compile.
Always gettin this error:

Anyone has that "hqbsp" file? I tried other compilers and renamed them to "hqbsp" but then my radiant just crashes.
I want to use radiant or nothing for Q1 -Im trying to get into photoshop,blender,unity&UE4 -so thers noo need for 1 prog more at this time, i dont want my head to explode :( What im wondering- why are those files not included in 1.5 when theyre needed to compile? Its a bit like selling a car without wheels :)

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 10:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whats so hard about shortcut/bat compiles!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 11:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ooh its even get worser.. radiant does not save my files, lol.
Now im not intrested in q1 &1.5 anymore. Dont want to buy a third pc just for q1 &winxp -noway!
Maybe its better that way :D

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 07-08-2016 12:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds like permissions issues-try run as admin

clueless
clueless
PostPosted: 07-09-2016 11:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am using Radiant 1.5 for Quake 1 mapping under Windows 7. I can confirm that it works and saves your files once its setup properly. I used the explanation by GB which I linked above.

I do not compile from within Radiant though, I use a small batch script, as Theftbot suggested. My script is available here: http://maps.rcmd.org/stuff/tools/compileq1map.zip

You will have to open it in a text editor to adapt the paths to the compiler etc, but I think it is documented what you need to do (can't check it from here now).

I know settings things up can be annoying in the beginning, but you only need to do it once, so don't give up too early.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-11-2016 07:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

THX Dichtfux!
I will try it again.
Im getting my Q3 map ready for beta ATM. After that i have to fresh setup my whole system.
Good to hear that its not a win7 problem! :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 08:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Okay i can save & compile now!
I followed each step in the tutorial, but after compile i get no textures ingame, enemys show up.
Tried QUAKE101.wad & Quake.wad, put them in /ID1. Opened my testmap and selected a brush -pressed N and put the wad name in.
Any Ideas?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 09:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

got it working now!
I just had the wad-name in the entity-wad link, not the path.
works like a charm now :)
THX Guys!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.