Currently watching..... on the TV

Open discussion about any topic, as long as you abide by the rules of course!
Whiskey 7

Currently watching..... on the TV

Post by Whiskey 7 »

I am currently watching ...Forces of Nature with Brian Cox.

I am near sure you've heard of Brian Cox. A former rock star, then mathematician and now particle physicist; a brilliant presenter. I have watched the first episode of 4 and was impressed. I even learned a couple of new things like the 'potato radius' and the 'honeycomb conjecture'.

It is worth your time IMO.
Google international search results for the show.

Edit: Starting a YouTube topic along similar lines :|
Last edited by Whiskey 7 on Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#FFBF00]Physicist [/color][color=#FF4000]of[/color] [color=#0000FF]Q3W[/color]
John^Rocker

Re: Currently watching.....

Post by John^Rocker »

sounds like your eyes are as big as your brain atm
quake4legends
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

Yeah saw some TV stuffs from Brian Cox.
He's able to clearly explain quite complex concepts in a pop-science-esque way.
losCHUNK

Post by losCHUNK »

What's on your watch list ?. TV sucks ass these days, reality shows n shit.
[color=red] . : [/color][size=85] You knows you knows [/size]
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

TV, in the old regular broadcast sense? Nothing. Nothing at all. Well, some olympics events maybe but I think a lot of the important events are in the middle of the night here in EU.

Other than that, just finished season 4 of House of Cards, started watching Stranger Things. Diving into season 2 of Mr. Robot when I have the time. Should pick up Homeland again. Looking forward to the new Star Trek TV series.
CZghost

Post by CZghost »

I downloaded Hunger Games 1 last time, so I'm gonna watch this at evening :)
[ Linktree | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram ]
When you feel the worst, turn to the sun and all the shadows will fall behind you.” - John Lennon
Ferrao10

Post by Ferrao10 »

Eraser wrote:Well, some olympics events maybe....
Probably not going to view them this time around. Will boycot Daquar by not viewing it, either.
Despite falling back on regular channels to view other opinions, I regularily use it to stream content I want to watch, at that moment.
Last edited by Ferrao10 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xer0s

Post by xer0s »

Just finished Stranger Things.

I think the only current show I'm watching now is The Night Of. It's pretty fucking good. Check it out (HBO).

I'm also looking forward to Westworld (also HBO), coming in October...
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

I just sat through 3+ hours of the Olympic Opening Ceremony :up:
First time I have watched at length and in HD. Not too bad, There are so many new nations :smirk: about this little sphere; such diversity in culture but all smile :) and that's nice to see it is it seems in our genes.
[color=#FFBF00]Physicist [/color][color=#FF4000]of[/color] [color=#0000FF]Q3W[/color]
losCHUNK

Post by losCHUNK »

xer0s wrote:
I'm also looking forward to Westworld (also HBO), coming in October...
I saw the trailer in the cinema and screeched. I should be ashamed :/

Just going through Life on Mars then gonna be following it up with Ashes to Ashes.

Red Dwarf starts soon, Ash vs Evil Dead too. Other than that it's F1 and football til the Thrones starts back up.
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Life on Mars :question:
That's years old isn't it? I saw it on the TV (if it is the same one) .... Googles..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_on_M ... _TV_series)

Yea, is it the same one losCHUNK?
plained

Post by plained »

i watched the mr robots new seasons epis

yea y'know its ok, kinda average but meh
it is about time!
AndyW

Post by AndyW »

xer0s wrote:Just finished Stranger Things.
Im waiting for S2 too, S1 was great!
Die Vitamine sind in der Dose gefangen!!!
losCHUNK

Post by losCHUNK »

Whiskey 7 wrote:Life on Mars :question:
That's years old isn't it? I saw it on the TV (if it is the same one) .... Googles..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_on_M ... _TV_series)

Yea, is it the same one losCHUNK?
Yea, it was alright, kinda what I expected tho - with the storytelling. Dunno what everyone was raving about. I had the ending spoiled for me so never got around to watching it.

You, Me and the Apocalypse was alright n all. Worth watching if you don't mind the biblical references.
vesp

Post by vesp »

Childhood's End, I read the book a loooong time ago, got the miniseries on record just need some time to watch it. I take it they don't mess with the whole "point" of it?

Myself I have been watching Amazon Prime and can heartily recommend:

Preacher (this has been getting mixed reviews, mainly because people are directly comparing it to the comics without realising that a direct translation of some of the comic material just wouldn't work, and I have great love for the comix)
Bosch (2 seasons) I haven't read any of the book series this is based on, but it is a very neat detective drama that will have you watching several episodes in a row, bish bash bosch...
Vikings (storming through season2). This is properly cool, had it recommended to me ages ago and have no idea why it toook me this long to start.

The first season of Mr Robot was good, but I also found it incredibly depressing! To the point where I'm putting off watching season2
losCHUNK

Post by losCHUNK »

Memphis wrote:Childhood's End is bloody good. 3 eps mini-series. Adaptation from Arthur C. Clarke novel.

It's aliens, but not like you'd think. Tywin is in it.

If not familiar with the book, do not look into it, as one single image would spoil the fuck out of it.

Watch it though. Rather bloody good :up:
It's worth watching the 1st episode atleast, I thought the following 2 could've been condensed to one but that 1st ep :up: :up:

Do not Google a bloody thing though. Come to Memph for links ;)
U4EA

Post by U4EA »

BoJack Horseman. It's incredible. Highly recommended.
MKJ

Post by MKJ »

Really? I tried the first three eps based on Will Arnett and Alison Brie but it didnt seem to stick?
losCHUNK

Post by losCHUNK »

It's gonna stick for me
U4EA

Post by U4EA »

MKJ wrote:Really? I tried the first three eps based on Will Arnett and Alison Brie but it didnt seem to stick?
It may be one of those shows you need to watch most of to get a good handle on. I shotgunned all 3 seasons over the past week. The characters have depth and are flawed in ways that you can sometimes relate to and often empathize with. And they go through a lot of introspection and personal growth. The show pays more painstaking attention to continuity and details than I've ever seen. The season arcs are brilliant and the stories are often touching or super intense despite the backdrop of idiotic haha tomfoolery. It can be hilarious when it wants to, but chooses not to at times. The first 3 episodes weren't particularly memorable, and you're still getting to know the characters. I'd give it at least until the end of the first season before making up my mind.
dubz

Post by dubz »

new(4th?) episode of "the night of" tonight on hbo... first few very pretty cool, like most hbo stuff.
lars63

Post by lars63 »

I've been watching the 'Zoo' series on the telly, seems quite nice
Member: [url=http://www.nad.org]NAD[/url]&[url=http://www.bta4bikes.org/]BTA[/url]
Your Friendly Neighborhood Quake Addict
John^Rocker

Post by John^Rocker »

youtube conspiracies
quake4legends
John^Rocker

Post by John^Rocker »

quakecon purple lamborghini
quake4legends
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

In the Shadow of the Moon (2007)

Not a movie per se so mentioning here.

I thought I would have seen this before but hadn't. A rather good documentary about the Apollo missions IMO. There was footage of stuff I had never seen before so I did enjoy all 100 minutes. With no special effects it made this special :)

Astronauts Collins, Cernan, Duke, Lovell and Aldrin (and others) did a great job personally narrating their experiences of the era.
Storyline.
In the 1960s, US President John F Kennedy proposed landing a man on the moon before the decade was finished. This film has interviews with most of the surviving astronauts of the Apollo program who were making ready to make that great voyage with an army of experts determined to make the endeavor possible. Through training, tragedy and triumph, we follow the greatest moments of one of Humanity's great achievements.
Apollo Missions Wiki

R.I.P. The crew of Apollo 1 :tear:
Gus Grissom, Edward Higgins White and Roger Bruce Chaffee