Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-29-2015 10:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

have you seen this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGWyVZy4230

if i saw him i'd knock him out

Playboy
Playboy
PostPosted: 12-29-2015 04:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wouldn't that be a breach of your parole?

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 12-29-2015 04:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Being Evel

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-29-2015 07:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Flex Donkey wrote:
Wouldn't that be a breach of your parole?

my probation finished long time ago, now i'm waiting for my pardon to clear my record that will be 2018 nov 18

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-30-2015 08:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
Eraser wrote:
Despicable Me

It's not very good.

Really? I found it one of my favorite animations. Do u like any of pixars work?

pretty sure it's not a pixar movie. not sure though.
but pretty sure.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-30-2015 10:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 6/10

Avengers: Age of Ultron - 8/10

Marvel day

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 12-30-2015 02:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Witness (1985)
Dir: Peter Weir
Starring Harrison Ford, Kelly McGillis, Danny Glover, Young Vigo Mortensen

Now this is a movie.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-01-2016 06:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Star Wars : The Force awakens
7/10
Was fun

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 01-01-2016 10:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Hateful 8
This movie has all you expect and more from a Tariontino. A bit long in the tooth in places but that seems designed to give you a rest period before your mind gets blown again and again. Great cast, good script and quite funny.
6/10

Star Wars : The Force Awakens
Casting meh .. otherwise pretty damn good. 3D modelling was Fantastic .. nod to our resident graphical guru.

7/10

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 01-01-2016 10:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 6/10

will watch this in 10 mins

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 01-01-2016 10:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

axbaby wrote:
The Hateful 8
This movie has all you expect and more from a Tariontino. A bit long in the tooth in places but that seems designed to give you a rest period before your mind gets blown again and again. Great cast, good script and quite funny.
6/10

Star Wars : The Force Awakens
Casting meh .. otherwise pretty damn good. 3D modelling was Fantastic .. nod to our resident graphical guru.

7/10

be safe there Ax, all the best in the new year :)

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-02-2016 11:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just saw The Hateful Eight in 70mm. Pretty good. Reminded me of the board game Clue. You know what you're getting with Tarantino, and that's exactly what you get. Oh, and the door to the cabin was hilarious.

8/10

An extra point for the Overture and Intermission...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-02-2016 02:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Riddick (2013)

Hmm, Never seen this one and I thought it was older.
I have seen Pitch Black (2000) and I thought The The Chronicles of Riddick (2004) but I am going to watch them both again given the chance :)

I enjoyed 7.5/10

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 01-02-2016 05:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Just saw The Hateful Eight in 70mm. Pretty good. Reminded me of the board game Clue. You know what you're getting with Tarantino, and that's exactly what you get. Oh, and the door to the cabin was hilarious.

8/10

I missed how that damn door broke? I don't recall anyone breaking it.
The door stuff had me laughing a lot.

Hi Somah, Enjoy 2016 .. 2015 can go fuck itself.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-02-2016 05:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

axbaby wrote:
xer0s wrote:

8/10

I missed how that damn door broke? I don't recall anyone breaking it.
The door stuff had me laughing a lot.

When the gang first showed up to the cabin and started killing everyone, Bob the Mexican shot at the black dude running outside and hit the door

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 01-02-2016 06:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks xer0s, I missed that.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 01-03-2016 01:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
Witness (1985)
Dir: Peter Weir
Starring Harrison Ford, Kelly McGillis, Danny Glover, Young Vigo Mortensen

Now this is a movie.

Karl from Die Hard

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 01-07-2016 03:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Netflix Documentary
Making a Murderer

Holy fuck, you guys need to watch this 10 part series.
Without giving anything away let me say you have never seen such a well documented conspiracy of this magnitude by the police, judges, attorneys and media all consumed in ruining this poor innocent guy.
So many lives ruined simply to cover up a corrupt police force and justice system after losing a lawsuit which saw this guy falsely jailed for 18 years.
All seen from start to finish from all sides.

Griping drama, definitely a binge watch. 10/10 Trust Me

Just prior to a large payout by the cops for spending 18 years in jail they plant a body in his yard, it gets nuts after that.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-08-2016 01:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Other Guys - 8/10

I love the Marky Mark & Farrell combo, so I watched this again. Still love it - Gators bitches be fly...

Pain & Gain - 7/10

Not what I expected at all! Didn't really know much about it other than it appeared to have a lot of weight lifting in there. Turns out not so much...but a good watch non the less.

Ant Man - 6.5/10

Feels like Iron Man retold using slightly different tech and without Starks fun, alcoholic, womanising back story. Big bad bad guy, lots of tech, some clumsy nods to the Avengers movies but it was kind of fun. Loving Dougalnuts as Pym, though. That's one messed up dog...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-09-2016 07:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Whiskey 7 wrote:
:arrow: andyman you mentioned the movie Astronaut: The Last Push.
I viewed the trailer on the IMDB and ask how would you rate it? Is it worth seeing?

I sat through it here at home... it wasn't that great but the concept seemed interesting. Didn't really flow like I thought it would but the ending was pretty good, and surprising.

I found it yesterday and viewed last night but I am having a problem believing the above was back in November 2014 :eek:

Story: 2 astronauts on a privately funded mission to Europa, a mishap in cryogenic sleep and living in one small compartment for years.
Interesting but be warned, near boring.
Yes, one to Watch if you're into sci-fi.

6/10

IMDB

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-10-2016 01:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gone Girl - 9/10

Brilliant film. I wasnt expecting much from it, but i was genuinley impressed with the acting and the story. Higly recommended.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-12-2016 11:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Revenant - 9/10

Beautiful cinematography, gritty violence, and great acting. Leo really wants that Oscar \o/

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-17-2016 01:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
The Revenant - 9/10

Beautiful cinematography, gritty violence, and great acting. Leo really wants that Oscar \o/

All of this plus Tom Hardy was amazing.

I'd never watch it again.

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 01-17-2016 09:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain Sucks Cocks

Last edited by axbaby on 01-17-2016 03:21 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-17-2016 01:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ffs, yes. everyone.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-19-2016 01:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:
Gone Girl

The film that brutally bludgeoned my boner for Rosamund Pike :toothy:

She was a nasty piece of work in it mind...

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 01-25-2016 02:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Maze Runner - 07/10

Enjoyable.
The maze and the monsters are fun .
So is the boys runner-code or whatever it is called .
I liked the formal tone of the setting .
It reminded me of the movie 'Cube' .

The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials - 05/10

Lacking the suspense and cameraderie that made the first movie fun and replacing it with utterly boring concepts :
It's like a lame version of the hunger games set in a post apocalyptic desert world with the usual zombies and punk-gangs .
What a snore fest .

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 01-25-2016 02:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Ant Man - 6.5/10

Feels like Iron Man retold using slightly different tech and without Starks fun, alcoholic, womanising back story. Big bad bad guy, lots of tech, some clumsy nods to the Avengers movies but it was kind of fun. Loving Dougalnuts as Pym, though. That's one messed up dog...

Hm... I think the final fight with the toy trains was great .

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-27-2016 09:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Ghosts of Mars (2001)

Is it really that old? I'd heard of it but never viewed and watched through because it was directed by John Carpenter. I read on the Wiki "The film received negative reviews and was a box office bomb" :smirk:

What to say here? It is one of those movies you had to watch because then you can say "Yes, I watched that", not much more.
If you have seen it you'll recall the well choreographed fight scenes if nothing else.

I don't give low scores often, especially on science fiction but this rates <5/10 for me.

IMDB

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-27-2016 11:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got 2001 Space Odyssey in 70mm booked for Saturday.

I've never seen it before :!:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-28-2016 12:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ant Man 9/10

Quite possibly the best superhero movie i've seen so far, genuinly funny stuff. I give 1 whole extra bonus point for the Mexican guy Luis, his facial expressions were just brilliant. Also his art philosophical Rothko joke at the end (it was sublime bro!) - and the fact that he drinks rose wine with his thug cousin, fuck me :olo:

Thought it was a hell of a lot better than say, the Avengers or Captain America films in any case - more of this please!

The Hateful Eight 6/10

Was ok i guess. Tarantino never fails to get on my tits with his movies and i'm still not sure whether that's a good thing or bad, or both. I'll love one scene and hate the next, it's confusing.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-28-2016 03:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Have you seen Guardians of the Galaxy Ryo?

Playboy
Playboy
PostPosted: 01-28-2016 03:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GotG is the best movie ever.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-28-2016 03:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it is indeed excellent.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-28-2016 03:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Guardians was wonderful

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.