Quake Champions - Gameplay Footage!

Open discussion about any topic, as long as you abide by the rules of course!
Don Carlos

Re: Quake Champions - Gameplay Footage!

Post by Don Carlos »

Memphis wrote:Either I fix DOOM or I shit-post counter-hype this thread, 'cos no cunt'll play it if they cannot run it.

Tried -USEALLCORES command. Vulkan and OpenGL. Tried limiting textures to 2048 (so it's not vram overload).

I'm hearing the Steam overlay can cause problems, but turning that off prevents configuring of the pad. :mad:
Eraser wrote:Quake Champions is targeting 120fps.
HA! If DOOM's performance reports are anything to go by, there's absolutely no chance in the actual bowels of Hades itself, for a vast number of players.

Frankly I'm goddam baffled. RAGE ran with 4x SGSSAA, ffs. Wolfenshteyen works fine too.

WTF even did they do to the engine, for it to look half as good whilst running less than half as fast?
I'm going to buy it to test now...quite interested in how it runs
losCHUNK

Post by losCHUNK »

Eraser wrote:Quake Champions is targeting 120fps though. So even if you get only half that performance, you've still got a 60fps experience.
On what hardware though ?, unless youre getting top of the line then you won't be seeing anything like 120fps. More like wishful thinking that is.
[color=red] . : [/color][size=85] You knows you knows [/size]
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

losCHUNK wrote:
Eraser wrote:Quake Champions is targeting 120fps though. So even if you get only half that performance, you've still got a 60fps experience.
On what hardware though ?, unless youre getting top of the line then you won't be seeing anything like 120fps
Depends what rez I guess? I only play in 1080p...
I'll put this on to download when I get home. It'll take a few hours to get on my drive but I am sure it'll run beautifully :paranoid:

Does it have a timedemo function?
losCHUNK

Post by losCHUNK »

High / Ultra on 1080p

The only cards getting into 120fps are nVidias new line and AMDs top end - 400-600 quid price range in 1080p. Then it's only nVidias top end cards getting over the 100s, staying in a similiar price range with a few entrances from AMDs middle tier.

[lvlshot]http://i1.wp.com/www.eteknix.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/v1-4.png[/lvlshot]

The only 200 quid (middle tier) card is AMDs 480 pulling 119 on avg and when you look at the performance drop offs with the 980/970 it's not hard to see how older nVidia cards probaly suffered more.

The competitor for Memphs card I believe was the 280x which treats this game like its bitch - closer performance levels to the 380x which is what you'd expect.

Like I said, if you're playing Last Light max'd out but can't even get DOOM functional then something is fucked.
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

63gig! 5 hours to go...
losCHUNK

Post by losCHUNK »

Memphis wrote:Seeing a lot of folks saying performance took a nose-dive, post last patch.

Gonna wait, I s'pose.

Months after release now too. Once again pleased I waited to at least get half off. If full price + DLC was paid, I'd be fucking livid.
Aye

I'm only interested cos I'm wondering if this new Vulkan API is actually using AMDs Asynchronous compute though. I'm interested cos that could turn the market on its head.

I don't really give a shit cos I'm pretty future proof atm, and it is unlikley but it'll be a weird turn of events. It'd be like the AMD CPU's getting utilised properly.
phantasmagoria

Post by phantasmagoria »

Don Carlos wrote:63gig! 5 hours to go...
:alert: :drool:
[size=85]
seremtan

Post by seremtan »

Don Carlos wrote:63gig! 5 hours to go...
lol wat
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

dzjepp wrote:I'll be back to play this bitches
dzjepp :eek: 8 years away

OT: Quake Champions - looking good :)
[color=#FFBF00]Physicist [/color][color=#FF4000]of[/color] [color=#0000FF]Q3W[/color]
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

Memphis wrote:yup. that being mostly yer typical indoorsy metal mars-baseyness and miles of red rock.

not to say it don't look good. 63gigs of space good though? be fucked.
More tears.
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

SoM wrote:Unreal Tournament Underland Trailer
Thanks SoM. It's been a while since I connected to Epic & UT. Had to find my password :smirk:
Did and done and that map isn't anything special IMO but I better look again I suppose :rolleyes:
[color=#FFBF00]Physicist [/color][color=#FF4000]of[/color] [color=#0000FF]Q3W[/color]
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

Runs pretty sweet over here...1080p in Ultra and hasn't dropped below 60fps. Running about 70fps most of the time
feedback

Post by feedback »

Runs great on my old 970GTX which is in a razer core (meaning -10% performance over TB3) and my skull canyon NUC. Ultra @ 1080p and it never once went below 60 fps.
I love quake!
obsidian

Post by obsidian »

Memph, you can't deny that there's something wrong with your system specifically regarding this game which is causing it to run so poorly. No one else seems to be having issues so you can't fault the game, nor will that get you anywhere.

Have you tried fixing the problem?
[size=85][url=http://gtkradiant.com]GtkRadiant[/url] | [url=http://q3map2.robotrenegade.com]Q3Map2[/url] | [url=http://q3map2.robotrenegade.com/docs/shader_manual/]Shader Manual[/url][/size]
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

obsidian wrote:Have you tried fixing the problem?
:up:
obsidian

Post by obsidian »

Have you tried reinstalling the game (it's large, but whatever)? Seriously sounds messed up on your computer.
[size=85][url=http://gtkradiant.com]GtkRadiant[/url] | [url=http://q3map2.robotrenegade.com]Q3Map2[/url] | [url=http://q3map2.robotrenegade.com/docs/shader_manual/]Shader Manual[/url][/size]
feedback

Post by feedback »

Memphis wrote:Out of 500 odd games, one runs like crusted fuck, so it's obviously my PC :yawn:

I've tried allsorts :(
Have you tried resetting your PC, sir?

It sounds like that's the normal operation and your computer is operating as designed. :cool:
I love quake!
losCHUNK

Post by losCHUNK »

Guessing you 2 worked support at some point in your lives :)
Transient

Post by Transient »

Or they're just making a joke that's been made on Q3W for over a decade.
[quote="YourGrandpa"]I'm satisfied with voicing my opinion and moving on.[/quote]
losCHUNK

Post by losCHUNK »

Nah
PhoeniX

Post by PhoeniX »

Better not mess this up Bethesda >:(
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Transient wrote:Or they're just making a joke that's been made on Q3W for over a decade.
:olo:
I was thinking it just might be the video drivers?
Scourge

Post by Scourge »

Memphis wrote:K. It's not like every page of the Steam forums has performance, optimisation and crashing threads or anything...

It ain't the tech, when it runs just as shitty on low, as it does on ultra.
I'm looking at the DOOM series Steam forum and I see almost nothing of the sort.
Transient

Post by Transient »

format C:\
[quote="YourGrandpa"]I'm satisfied with voicing my opinion and moving on.[/quote]
Scourge

Post by Scourge »

No, it also covers the newer ones ya mangy fucknugget. But I found the one you're talking about and there doesn't seem to be that many issue threads. Actually fewer problem threads than most games. To be fair though, the very first time I ran it, I had the same issue. Reinstalled and no issue.