Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Quake Champions - Gameplay Footage!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Quake Champions - Gameplay Footage!

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 08-08-2016 03:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YES
Probably won't be popular because people don't like games that require skill.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-08-2016 06:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Judging by what I'm reading online, both inside and outside this thread, it's looking like you're a minority.

You gonna post under #DoomLivesMatter next?

p.s.
Rage targeted DX9 level hardware in 2011

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-08-2016 06:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In before Memphis linking to anecdotal evidence in the form of a handful of other people experiencing similar problems

Do the chickens have large talons?
Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 08-08-2016 07:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yesssssss that trailer

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-08-2016 07:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
K. It's not like every page of the Steam forums has performance, optimisation and crashing threads or anything...

You mean like every Steam game forum?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-08-2016 07:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Either I fix DOOM or I shit-post counter-hype this thread, 'cos no cunt'll play it if they cannot run it.

Tried -USEALLCORES command. Vulkan and OpenGL. Tried limiting textures to 2048 (so it's not vram overload).

I'm hearing the Steam overlay can cause problems, but turning that off prevents configuring of the pad. :mad:

Eraser wrote:
Quake Champions is targeting 120fps.

HA! If DOOM's performance reports are anything to go by, there's absolutely no chance in the actual bowels of Hades itself, for a vast number of players.

Frankly I'm goddam baffled. RAGE ran with 4x SGSSAA, ffs. Wolfenshteyen works fine too.

WTF even did they do to the engine, for it to look half as good whilst running less than half as fast?

I'm going to buy it to test now...quite interested in how it runs

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-08-2016 07:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Quake Champions is targeting 120fps though. So even if you get only half that performance, you've still got a 60fps experience.

On what hardware though ?, unless youre getting top of the line then you won't be seeing anything like 120fps. More like wishful thinking that is.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-08-2016 08:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Eraser wrote:
Quake Champions is targeting 120fps though. So even if you get only half that performance, you've still got a 60fps experience.

On what hardware though ?, unless youre getting top of the line then you won't be seeing anything like 120fps

Depends what rez I guess? I only play in 1080p...
I'll put this on to download when I get home. It'll take a few hours to get on my drive but I am sure it'll run beautifully :paranoid:

Does it have a timedemo function?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-08-2016 08:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

High / Ultra on 1080p

The only cards getting into 120fps are nVidias new line and AMDs top end - 400-600 quid price range in 1080p. Then it's only nVidias top end cards getting over the 100s, staying in a similiar price range with a few entrances from AMDs middle tier.

The only 200 quid (middle tier) card is AMDs 480 pulling 119 on avg and when you look at the performance drop offs with the 980/970 it's not hard to see how older nVidia cards probaly suffered more.

The competitor for Memphs card I believe was the 280x which treats this game like its bitch - closer performance levels to the 380x which is what you'd expect.

Like I said, if you're playing Last Light max'd out but can't even get DOOM functional then something is fucked.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-08-2016 10:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

63gig! 5 hours to go...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-08-2016 11:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Seeing a lot of folks saying performance took a nose-dive, post last patch.

Gonna wait, I s'pose.

Months after release now too. Once again pleased I waited to at least get half off. If full price + DLC was paid, I'd be fucking livid.

Aye

I'm only interested cos I'm wondering if this new Vulkan API is actually using AMDs Asynchronous compute though. I'm interested cos that could turn the market on its head.

I don't really give a shit cos I'm pretty future proof atm, and it is unlikley but it'll be a weird turn of events. It'd be like the AMD CPU's getting utilised properly.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 08-08-2016 12:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
63gig! 5 hours to go...

:alert: :drool:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-08-2016 01:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
63gig! 5 hours to go...

lol wat

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-08-2016 08:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:
I'll be back to play this bitches

dzjepp :eek: 8 years away

OT: Quake Champions - looking good :)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-08-2016 09:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
yup. that being mostly yer typical indoorsy metal mars-baseyness and miles of red rock.

not to say it don't look good. 63gigs of space good though? be fucked.

More tears.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-08-2016 11:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
Unreal Tournament Underland Trailer

Thanks SoM. It's been a while since I connected to Epic & UT. Had to find my password :smirk:
Did and done and that map isn't anything special IMO but I better look again I suppose :rolleyes:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 12:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Runs pretty sweet over here...1080p in Ultra and hasn't dropped below 60fps. Running about 70fps most of the time

PostPosted: 08-09-2016 01:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Runs great on my old 970GTX which is in a razer core (meaning -10% performance over TB3) and my skull canyon NUC. Ultra @ 1080p and it never once went below 60 fps.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 06:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memph, you can't deny that there's something wrong with your system specifically regarding this game which is causing it to run so poorly. No one else seems to be having issues so you can't fault the game, nor will that get you anywhere.

Have you tried fixing the problem?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 06:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Have you tried fixing the problem?

:up:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 06:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Have you tried reinstalling the game (it's large, but whatever)? Seriously sounds messed up on your computer.

PostPosted: 08-09-2016 06:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Out of 500 odd games, one runs like crusted fuck, so it's obviously my PC :yawn:

I've tried allsorts :(

Have you tried resetting your PC, sir?

It sounds like that's the normal operation and your computer is operating as designed. :cool:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 07:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Guessing you 2 worked support at some point in your lives :)

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 09:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or they're just making a joke that's been made on Q3W for over a decade.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 10:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nah

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 10:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Better not mess this up Bethesda >:(

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 12:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Or they're just making a joke that's been made on Q3W for over a decade.

:olo:
I was thinking it just might be the video drivers?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 02:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
K. It's not like every page of the Steam forums has performance, optimisation and crashing threads or anything...

It ain't the tech, when it runs just as shitty on low, as it does on ultra.

I'm looking at the DOOM series Steam forum and I see almost nothing of the sort.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 02:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

format C:\

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 02:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, it also covers the newer ones ya mangy fucknugget. But I found the one you're talking about and there doesn't seem to be that many issue threads. Actually fewer problem threads than most games. To be fair though, the very first time I ran it, I had the same issue. Reinstalled and no issue.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 09:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fdisk

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 09:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was thinking, I hope the game allows you to set up your own dedicated server and directly connect to a game through IP-address or hostname. Then, at least, we can be sure you can still play the game in 10 years from now instead of getting fucked when the match making servers are shut down a year after release.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-10-2016 02:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
No, it also covers the newer ones ya mangy fucknugget. But I found the one you're talking about and there doesn't seem to be that many issue threads. Actually fewer problem threads than most games. To be fair though, the very first time I ran it, I had the same issue. Reinstalled and no issue.

There is the answer

Also I'm not getting very far with getting Beta access sorted. Anyone got Tim Willits email address?

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 08-10-2016 03:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I was thinking, I hope the game allows you to set up your own dedicated server and directly connect to a game through IP-address or hostname. Then, at least, we can be sure you can still play the game in 10 years from now instead of getting fucked when the match making servers are shut down a year after release.

This. This is the feature I want included.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-10-2016 11:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
obsidian wrote:
Have you tried reinstalling the game (it's large, but whatever)? Seriously sounds messed up on your computer.

well bugger me with a fish-fork. that actually worked. :o

also ripped out all config files. lost progress, but meh.

back on board for Quake hype :owned: :up:

:olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.