Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        New Custom map

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: New Custom map

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 08-05-2016 04:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's another map I've made, probably my last. Its inspiration comes from the movie Event Horizon. Hope you all enjoy it.

http://akuta.proboards.com/thread/62/core-gravity-drive

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-31-2016 07:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I loved that movie :D

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-31-2016 08:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice, why the last?

:up:
Edit: Into the Core sounds nice!
Or: "The Hardcore never get soft" :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-01-2016 12:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@AndyW: That's a fucking great idea with the teleporter, one step closer to Event Horizon than this map already is. Also :olo: on "the hardcore never get soft"
@AKUTA: I saw that map on your website, had to download it once I saw the Event Horizon reminiscence and I like it. Nicely done with the atmospheric blue texturing. Like AndyW suggested, making the rings crushing entities would be great, I thought the same when playing your map because that was actually the first thing I wanted to do, getting crushed!

Edit: Meant @AKUTA, not @A1yssa

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-01-2016 11:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A1yssa wrote:
I loved that movie :D

Going through LEM as I do, I spotted this and the mention of The Event Horizon.

The movie was on TV here just the other day and I have yet to watch again.

Just saying thanks for the map :up: and I've yet to check it out.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 11-03-2016 08:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hope you enjoy it, I sure like the movie! I released akutatourney6 not to long ago never planned to finish it but a friend of mine wanted me to, so I did. Another map I had started and never finished is akutatourney7 which will definitely be my last, and should be available this week on my website.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-04-2016 11:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AKUTA wrote:
which will definitely be my last

..depends entirely on the friend of mine. ;) :D

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 11-06-2016 09:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Obsessed wrote:
AKUTA wrote:
which will definitely be my last

..depends entirely on the friend of mine. ;) :D

haha

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.