Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        gtkradian with no game installed

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: gtkradian with no game installed

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-06-2016 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is it possible to use gtkradiant without having any game installed?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 09-06-2016 08:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sure, you just won't have any textures or shaders. Or models. Or entity defs (I forget if it reads them from game dir or radiant dir).

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-06-2016 09:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it asks me for a project file...but I never load it yet so I don't have a project :|

too much time has passed since the last time I try to map :)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 09-07-2016 05:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You should be able to either find a default.proj in th radiant install dir, or online.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 02:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I made a mess posting, sorry...

I can run q4(after installing the patch) but not the editor or the gtkradian(it doesn't propose q4 in the gamelist)

The above turns off full screen mode (the editor needs to be run in window mode), corrects Q4's default brightness from 1.2 to the normal desktop brightness of 1, turns off Anti Aliasing (avoids grid blurring), performs a video restart, and launches the editor. For some folks that editor does not start properly with the above set of parameters, should that happen try adding one or more +wait commands.

E.g.: "I:\Games\Quake4\Quake4.exe" +seta com_allowConsole 1 +set r_fullscreen 0 +set r_brightness 1 +set r_multisamples 0 +vid_restart +editor

this is my shortcut:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\id Software\Quake4Editing\Quake4.exe" +set com_allowConsole 1 +set r_fullscreen 0 +set r_brightness 1 +set r_multisamples 0 +vid_restart +editor +disconnect

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.