Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Quake 2 Railwarz instaGib CTF!!! Games 7 nights a week!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 2 Railwarz instaGib CTF!!! Games 7 nights a week!

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 08-22-2016 11:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

in short... if you love instaGib CTF with +hook then Quake 2 TMG Railwarz CTF is the mod to come back and play!

Quake 2's TMG Railwarz instaGib CTF mod has been experiencing an influx of new players and returning veterans of Quake2.
Railwarz is a capture the flag mod. One shot insta kills. Lightning fast lazer hook to whip yourself around the map.
The game is simple and easy to learn which is what makes it so addictive! No weapon switching just bind your +hook and you are good to go!
Railwarz CTF is my favorite Quake 2 mod I played growing up in middleschool and highschool. I started playing Quake 2 again in 2012 there wasnt much going on
a 2v2 and even 1v1 match was hard to come by but with a little patience and a lot of work contacting old friends who used to play we have slowly revived the mod.
Today there is three different servers located in North America.only one at a time will be busy but
you can find a good game 7 nights a week as early as noon on the weekends and 5PM on weekdays.
Games last til midnight or so sometimes 2 or 3AM. We consistently have 3v3 4v4 games every night for a few to several hours.
at peak times of the night 6v6 7v7 matches are common.

During this past holiday season Dec 23 2015 we had a few 15v15 games with about 40 people connected to the server at a time.

other team based mods to try for Quake 2
Rocket Arena 2 ( Late Night Games a few random nights a week after CTF dies down )
L-Fire CTF (this mod is a hit or miss any night but could be easily revived )
Lokis Minions CTF (LMCTF has great 4v4 5v5 6v6+ every Tuesday 10PM Eastern that last about 1-2 hours)
Expert CTF (This mod is trying to organize a weekly game night)

dont have quake2 installed anymore?? here is the link for quake2 starter q2pro and r1q2 clients both available to download free for Quake 2 Multiplayer
http://q2s.tastyspleen.net

see you on the servers!! PM me or email me if you need any help getting setup or want more useful links for map packs bright skins etc
https://youtu.be/o2qie50n9Gs
here is a video of the game in action i tried posting it but it doesnt seem to work

Last edited by beaver on 09-07-2016 01:26 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-22-2016 11:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello, welcome beaver :up: and thanks for the info posted.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 08-27-2016 05:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks man! hope some old quake2 instagib fans will come across this and figure out there is a lively scene still happening :)

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 08-27-2016 06:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds like fun might have to check it out :)

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-27-2016 09:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Awesome. I'm the new leader of the InstaGib CTF with +hook then Quake 2 TMG Railwarz CTF buffet clan.

If anyone wants to join, post below.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-27-2016 09:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You had me at buffet

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-28-2016 12:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:
losCHUNK wrote:
You had me at buffet

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 09-02-2016 02:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol we have buffets quite often and plenty of jokesters in our community most very friendly :)

one KiD aka iE]Fatal[ had an idea to start some Railwarz Fan Fiction for some banter if you do end up playing stop by our forums and say hello too for more humor

here is my first story...

http://railwarz.com/forum/index.php?top ... icseen#new
Railwarz Fan Fiction.
Short Story #1 by beaver
God had tactically planed his 18 hook precision point combo to moneyduke his way past KiD who then railz God with magic speed in the beaver palace under water while constructing the dam due to distraction made by slaps on the water.. UnderLord was keeping the water warm back at blue base for a 2dol'aH0 and ouR gal serperior prolonging the chase after greenz boogerbutt bacacho asked donde, estas el baño (you are toilet?) this led Mallards craye LEMEME mind to a Fatal conclusion. The End.
we had a few 7v7 and 8v8 games last night during the peak hours this was during the start of one match.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-02-2016 05:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+hook :paranoid:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-02-2016 08:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hehehe, beaver...

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 09-04-2016 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

get ready for the showdown with the samurai who smells of sunflowers...
http://imgur.com/a/FJCUC

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-05-2016 08:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SO MANY COLOURS

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 09-05-2016 12:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 09-05-2016 02:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, wow, this thread is still around.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 09-05-2016 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hehe :q2: :ninja: :q3: :id: :up: :up: :up: :up: :p

guru
guru
PostPosted: 09-05-2016 09:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
Awesome. I'm the new leader of the InstaGib CTF with +hook then Quake 2 TMG Railwarz CTF buffet clan.

I'm in.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-05-2016 10:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ohh sht.... +hook?? them were the days q3 what happened then

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 09-06-2016 12:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/o2qie50n9Gs
not sure how to post youtube videos here but heres a 5v5 match from last year about this time
we mainly just play on pub server but every once in a while we get a pick up game going or a clan match thing just for fun.. clans arent really a thing in quake2 any more ;) but we try to feed the thirst for competition sometimes

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 09-07-2016 01:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

railwarz is my fave quake2 mod but since returning to quake2 some years ago ive branched out to other quake2 mods and its been fun getting to know some of the players from those communities and learning a mod that i didnt play back in the day.
Rocket Arena 2 can start as early as 10 or 11PM Eastern time and they play til 5AM sometimes! so if you cant sleep check q2servers.com and you may catch a late night session.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 09-07-2016 01:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ive played LMCTF every Tuesday for the past few months its been kinda cool being able to learn some new CTF maps.. since they play some maps not seen very often in railwarz or lfire once you play them a few times with the right amount of people and learn your way around it starts to get fun kinda like playing quake2 capture the flag for the first time. A very refreshing experience and its fun getting to know the guys in the LMCTF community. check q2servers.com about 10PM eastern on Tuesdays to catch an LMCTF game usually only last 1-2 hours
you will need the LMCTF mod before trying to connect - http://mbrwz.dieslow.net/lmctf.zip
screenshot from one of last nights games

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-07-2016 01:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol r u 12?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 09-07-2016 02:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey beav, whats with the bright skin cheats?

plained
plained
PostPosted: 09-07-2016 04:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:

lol its ok man i dont even see your posts either

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-07-2016 05:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who is this beaver weirdo and why does he think we're interested in his shitty fantasies of a 20 year old video game?

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 09-07-2016 09:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hehe i found this website when i was lookin through http://expertctf.net in an effort to help revive quake2 expert CTF (still working on xctf mod maybe someday itll be a success!) i guess at some point ExpertCTF was affiliated here and i guess there was quake3 and 4 expert ctf. wish i had had the chance to play quake1 3 and 4 and all the mods back in the day when they were popular.. but quake2 is where i spent most my time in the 00 01 02 03 etc whenever mplayer heat msn zone and gamespy arcade were a thing.. and the railwarz instaGib CTF mod has been the one game that i havent been able to replace for the same amount of excitement.

i have been working diligently on reviving the Railwarz mod and its been a big success back in 2011/12 when i reinstalled quake2 there was almost no one playing and i was lucky to get a 1v1 or 2v2 couple times a week. the past 2 or 3 years though railwarz has been busy about 7 nights a week with medium to large games lasting several hours some nights. 3v3 - 8v8 games are common any night of the week with little planning and effort. if I can help anyone who used to love or might want to try instaGib CTF in a fast paced mode like Railwarz CTF I would be happy to assist or for any quake2 help i can at least point someone in the right direction

bright skins are one of the best parts of quake2..nobody who plays considers this a cheat and being able to pick any player model you want bart simpson a cow megaman sub zero south park etc is pretty cool too.

normal skins can be made bright by turning the gamma up a bit and gl_modulate down to a lower value. making your eyes happy is part of a enjoyable gaming experience.

id love it if any of you wanted to have some 20 year old nostalgic fraggin fun in an instaGib CTF or some other quake2 mod session :) if i can make at least 1 friend out of you guys i will have accomplished my goal <3

ill be 13 in 1 week ;)

these are fire and ice bright skins

Last edited by beaver on 09-07-2016 09:59 PM, edited 3 times in total.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 09-07-2016 09:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

beaver wrote:
hehe bright skins are one of the best parts of quake2..nobody who plays considers this a cheat and being able to pick any player model you want bart simpson a cow megaman sub zero south park etc is pretty cool too.

normal skins can be made bright by turning the gamma up a bit and gl_modulate down to a lower value. making your eyes happy is part of a enjoyable gaming experience.

id love it if any of you wanted to have some 20 year old nostalgic fraggin fun in an instaGib CTF or some other quake2 mod session :) if i can make at least 1 friend out of you guys i will have accomplished my goal <3

ill be 13 in 1 week ;)

these are fire and ice bright skins

That's really cool man :up:

Do you also play any videogames that your classmates are into these days?

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 09-07-2016 10:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol i was just joking as i thought whoever said i was 12 was also joking.. pointing out my enthusiasm for such simple things.. and trying to raz me

ill be 30 in a week. im not a big "gamer" just love quake2

when i was in middle school we played mario kart golden eye star fox with friends.. on the N64 we played mortal kombat killer instinct on SNES stuff like that

i loved all the Final Fantasy games but never got into MMORPGS...

i played call of duty black ops 1 and 2 on xbox reminded me of counter strike from back in the day.. it was pretty fun on xbox live esp the zombies mode.. but i havent touched n xbox in 6 years maybe?

just recently got overwatch.. but havent made time to even try playing it yet still mentally preparing myself.. as its the first new PC game ive played since Quake2

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 07:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This thread was 100x cooler when you were 12.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 08:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hot tub time machine here we go!

Okay I'm 12 again now.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 09:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And still no one gives a shit.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 09:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hehe

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 10:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't mind YourGrandpa. He is mad he was born with a head like Minecraft Steve.

Lithium Mod was my Q2 game of choice. The three wave maps were awesome though. I recently came across the manual for the Voodoo2 gfx card I bought for quake2. Good times.

I think reinstalling would ruin the nostalgic feelings I have for the game. I like them the way they are.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 10:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This thread is something special.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 10:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yea it is it has the passion of the quake!

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 12:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that no one who is posting in thread and quite possibly reading it (with the exception of beaver) has Quake 2 installed or has plans to install it. That's not my fault or a result of my opinion. This thread, like most of the beave's life is a waste of time.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.