Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Currently watching..... on the TV

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Currently watching.....

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-30-2016 04:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah maybe the CPA did it.. Maybe... Maybe it was naz though... Wasn't completely clear...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-30-2016 08:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's shit.

Watch Moon.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-02-2016 03:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

True Detective
Yeah, i know. Boo, it's old cold shit.
It's great though. Finished the first season (8/10), watched the second season's first episode and thought "What? That is plain too difficult to get into."

Should I keep at it?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-02-2016 04:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Season 2 is decent. Not nearly as good as the first. I'd say it's probably still worth a watch...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-05-2016 07:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ash vs EVIl DEAD.
Season 1 starts as usual trash but build up some cool tension to the end.
I wanna see more :)

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 09-05-2016 11:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Narcos season 2

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-14-2016 06:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Childhood's End is bloody good. 3 eps mini-series. Adaptation from Arthur C. Clarke novel.

It's aliens, but not like you'd think. Tywin is in it.

If not familiar with the book, do not look into it, as one single image would spoil the fuck out of it.

Watch it though. Rather bloody good :up:

Just finished :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Frag-Muff
Frag-Muff
PostPosted: 09-14-2016 08:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just started watching an Australian/New Zealand/USA co-production called Cleverman, based on Australian mythology, but presented as a kind of superpower situation, rather than spirituality. I'm not sure what to think yet. It might go either way.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-14-2016 11:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Is Falling Skies shit?

Yes, yes it is.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-17-2016 05:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am currently watching a rather great mini-series on the TV called Versailles
Up to about episode 7 or 8 :up:

Quote:
Versailles, 1667. Haunted by the trauma of the Fronde as the nobles of his court begin to rebel against the monarchy, 28-year-old Louis XIV (George Blagden), in a Machiavellian political move, decides to make the nobility submit by imposing a definite move of the court from Paris to Versailles, his father's former hunting lodge. Trapped by their king's "invitation", the nobles of Paris gradually come to see the castle as a gilded prison and soon even the most humble courtiers of the king begin to show their viciousness as the alcoves of secrets, politics and war are maneuvered through, revealing Versailles in all its glory and brutality.

Wiki
IMDB

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-18-2016 11:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stranger Things

A lot of fun. Recommended.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-18-2016 11:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A very secret service

Currently bingewatching this rather awesome spy series set in the early 1960's in France. It's sort of comedy, sort of drama sort of art house - a very intruiging mix of weirdness. I reccomend it :up:

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 09-19-2016 09:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
A very secret service

Currently bingewatching this rather awesome spy series set in the early 1960's in France. It's sort of comedy, sort of drama sort of art house - a very intruiging mix of weirdness. I reccomend it :up:

Just checked out the trailer, might have to give this a try. Thanks for bringing it up!

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 09-22-2016 09:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Childhood's End is bloody good. 3 eps mini-series. Adaptation from Arthur C. Clarke novel.

It's aliens, but not like you'd think. Tywin is in it.

If not familiar with the book, do not look into it, as one single image would spoil the fuck out of it.

Watch it though. Rather bloody good :up:

Good recommendation. Ta Memph.

Just finished ep1 :alert:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-23-2016 04:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just started watching Breaking Bad. I'm about 7 or 8 episodes in and it's pretty good. But it's going to have to get way better to reach legendary status that everyone seems to have given it...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-23-2016 03:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Just started watching Breaking Bad. I'm about 7 or 8 episodes in and it's pretty good. But it's going to have to get way better to reach legendary status that everyone seems to have given it...

I made it through 3 seasons. It was good thus far, yet I wondered "why all the hype?". It didn't get close to the Sopranoes at that point. Does it get better with the 4th onwards?

"The Wire" is said to be fantastic. I do not understand every second sentence in the original though because of slang. Does anyone know, if the german dub is any good?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-24-2016 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Stranger Things

Recently finished. Excellent :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-24-2016 11:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
"The Wire" is said to be fantastic. I do not understand every second sentence in the original though because of slang. Does anyone know, if the german dub is any good?

tragically, even some english-speakers put the subtitles on when watching The Wire. at least you have an excuse for subtitles. just let the slang flow over you until you pick it up

and for the love of god, don't watch it dubbed :alert:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 09-24-2016 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

z nation started back up!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-24-2016 11:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I started The Wire a few months back but only got a few episodes in. It wasn't terrible. I need to finish it...

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-26-2016 01:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

surgeon62 wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:
Stranger Things

Recently finished. Excellent :up:

Also this now, pretty good stuff :up:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-26-2016 07:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All of the old Tom Green stuff, i just love that guy! :D :D

MOODSWINGS:

BINGO

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 09-26-2016 07:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
phantasmagoria wrote:
Ta Memph.

Just finished ep1 :alert:

:) :up:

It got fuckin' weird :|

Good tho.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-26-2016 08:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bas Rutten Punk Payback

Great guy! :up:
And funny as hell... :olo:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 09-26-2016 11:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
z nation started back up!

and it is good too!

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-27-2016 02:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's got to be only Geoff that reads plained post by now, right?

plained
plained
PostPosted: 09-27-2016 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yea i am so pathetic i have some eternal butthurt downie following me around and campaigning against me!

:olo:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 09-27-2016 06:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

last man on earth started back up! :up:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230454/

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-30-2016 01:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wolf Hall

Quote:
After the downfall of Cardinal Wolsey, his secretary, Thomas Cromwell, finds himself amongst the treachery and intrigue of King Henry VIII's court and soon becomes a close advisor to the King, a role fraught with danger.

Interesting and great portrayal of roles by actors :up:

IMDB

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-07-2016 04:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Narcos, on netflix.

it's about Pablo Escobar. Very well done show. too bad there's only 2 seasons.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-07-2016 11:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watched the first episode of Black Mirror.
It's weird.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-08-2016 12:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
Narcos, on netflix.

it's about Pablo Escobar. Very well done show. too bad there's only 2 seasons.

3 and 4 confirmed

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 10-10-2016 01:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Narcos is quite good - halfway season 2 now.

Story wise i didn't think there'd be enough material to go beyond season 2 though... surprising to hear about 3 & 4.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-10-2016 05:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yey, Narcos is great!
But i didnt liked the fact that its 50% spanish without subs :/

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 10-10-2016 11:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Err, Netflix, subtitles. You illegal downloading pirate you, shame!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.