Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        How to add music to level/MAP on Quake III ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: How to add music to level/MAP on Quake III ?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-05-2016 01:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wont to add music to many maps on Q3, what i need to do ? Please Help. Maybe need something
write in script ? (Need Auto Play Music whit map.)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-05-2016 08:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You have to change that in GTKRadiant:
https://de.ws.q3df.org/level_design/sound_music/
Important: Music files MUST be in a stereo, 22050 khz, 16 bit wav format (dont know if this is actual)

Maybe theres an easier way to change just the music - but i dont know.
This will be alot of work if you want to change the music from the original maps. You have to decompile the maps, fix up stuff that got lost by decompiling (entities), change the sound and recompile the map + put it in a own pk3 (maps+music).
I just know this way, but im not a pro ;)

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-05-2016 01:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GTKRadiant can not open the "BSP" file. Today I have tried already but did not work out (

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-05-2016 02:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you have to decompile and re-arrange all that stuff..
Its not worth all the work, trust me

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-06-2016 12:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hm, i wont to add the music in my serv on maps rotation for more "drive-play". You know how decompile bsp to map for easy ? have a soft ?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-06-2016 02:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I respect the work of the authors. I just wont make change for more drive on map. And the most important that is for Local (Lan) server, for limited people. friends, not for realese!

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-06-2016 09:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

At least support/help whit console command for play music. I Bind their on 1,2,3.. numpad. What i should write in console for play music?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-06-2016 10:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToKu Thx! it work. I use: \music music/track01.wav

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-06-2016 10:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You know it is possible add this script on map rotation.CFG file ? for each map. I mean tied to each map different track's.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-06-2016 11:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or it possible make something similar like this script:
set d1 "map DC_SS401; set nextmap vstr d2"
set d2 "map DC_SS402; set nextmap vstr d1"
vstr d1

But for music rotation (music music/track01.wav) (music music/track02.wav) etc

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-07-2016 01:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I try make a script but he not work, look:

Set changee "d1"
set d1 music music/track01.wav; set vstr d2"
set d2 music music/track02.wav; set vstr d1"
vstr d1
bind m changee

What is wrong ?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-07-2016 11:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Someone pls help. Need script for music rotation

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-08-2016 03:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can edit my srypt ? Thx for answer..

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-10-2016 09:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I find this script on other site but "Music Rotation" not work. That's what I need but I do not understand what's wrong.

set music5 "music music\sonic1.wav; echo Sonic 1; set musicn vstr music4"
set music4 "music music\sonic2.wav; echo Sonic 2; set musicn vstr music3"
set music3 "music music\sonic3.wav; echo Sonic 3; set musicn vstr music2"
set music2 "music music\sonic4.wav; echo Sonic 4; set musicn vstr music1"
set music1 "music music\sonic5.wav; echo Sonic 5; set musicn vstr music0"
set music0 "music music\sonic6.wav; echo Sonic 6; set musicn vstr music6"
set musicn vstr music5
bind F9 "vstr music6"
bind F10 "stopsound; echo No music;"

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 12:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is a from russian site, everything in russian... Name this script "Music Box" It says these music track's will be play in rotation. ""what you really want to achieve"" ""or will you want to do all this for yourself?"" - This is only for fun, emotion and "Drive" play. It for myself and my friends. I think without music on some maps just bored/boring. And whit music track's you keep "adrenaline atmosphere". ""So do you really think ist worth the effort" - I think so, yes. To understand, it depends for what purpose a professional play or for fun.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 09:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I remember, back in the glory days, we had a Q3A LAN about once in a month. With up to 12 people sitting in two small rooms, playing CTF against each other.
And Quakes soundtracks pumping thru the speakers. (Some impressions from our old LAN location: http://zi-lan.de/lanpics.php) :D

On topic:
How about setting up an audio stream with VLC? Like some kind of LAN Radio.
You can put all your favorite tracks in the playlist. It also won't get boring if you play a map longer time.

Here are some playlist suggestions:

Quake Missionpack 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdIrMoEPi9w

Quake Missionpack 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4eBKfzeD-w

Quake2 + Missionpack 1+2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qEVNJKw7dU

Q3A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bHAgiuiL4o

Brutal Doom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa-0hOsYTcg

Full Doom remake album by Andrew Hulshult:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGK1dr-Ql0w

:up:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 10:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Add this to your playlist too:

:)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-17-2016 06:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

One thing you can do is open the .bsp file in a hex-editor like XVI32.

Things like music, pickups, textures and some other stuff can be edited without major problems. Just make sure to keep the same number of characters in the file or you will get an error trying to load the map.

Also, by changing stuff this way you will have to create a new .aas file if you want to be able to play with bots. bspc.exe works decent for that.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-18-2016 08:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@Tomtefar: Thx for sharing this, i didnt know that. I jusk knew about changing BSP version via HEX-edit. BIG :arrow: :up: ! :)

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-19-2016 05:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tomtefar Thx !! I will try, but creat .aas file it will be difficult

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-19-2016 05:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@G-Stuff002: AAS creation is not a big problem, i can help you with that.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-19-2016 05:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndyW ok. Tomtefar, AndyW with this method as hex-editor can only replace exist music. I only find surround sound files prescription in hex-editor

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-19-2016 07:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have find good remix in style of Q3A,
if someone would be interested, look at "Quake III — Quake 3-09": https://muzofond.com/search/quake%20quake%20iii

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.