Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        President Trump

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: President Trump

plained
plained
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 05:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

if comedy gold means more played out jpg's then yea i guess so

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 06:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Who would Trump start a war with?

Oh i could think of a few places he's been railing against or has been threatening. Can't you? It's been in the news rather extensively these past few months you know. Or do you simply consider every word out of his mouth bluster? Because even that is dangerous, he's enabling folks like Putin and while the Ukraine is quite far eastern europe isn't.

Memphis wrote:
It was Clinton pushing for a Syrian no-fly zone / potential war with Russia remember, alongside blaming them for everything, even the FBI (yes, even the FBI - mull that over a bit) :|

It was, but (and here's the critical thing) she did so when it was a viable option. The Russians then proceeded to create facts on the ground that altered the situation in such a manner it ceased to be a viable option. And the FBI did play rather a strange manipulative role in this election, isn't Comey under investigation for violating the Hatch act by now?

Memphis wrote:
The climate's already fucked btw. Unless you favour the depopulation idea, there's no fixing it and 4 years of coal isn't really gonna fuck it much more. Clinton was also pro-oil and pro-fracking, galavanting around the world flogging it, prior to the pres bid. Stein was the only choice for anyone with climate concerns, thus we can conclude than noone really cares. At least Trump's anti-globalisation stance would potentially keep it all in America and not be blowing up more of Africa and the Middle East over Saudi pipelines. 'Cos that's like, not a very green thing to be doing :shrug:

That's a dark, depressing take on the situation. I'm very worried about the climate myself, but if that was what i thought i'd start looking for some cyanide.

Anyway, yes, Clinton was for it before she was against it. Haven't personally studied it, but i understand she had a big green program in the works. You seem to hold things against her she changed her mind about over time, seems kind of weird to me - especially since you don't seem to hold von Clownstick to the same standard. Perhaps you haven't noticed but the man is quite fond of changing his mind, does it twice in the same sentence with alarming regularity - yet you take seriously his America first thing for instance. What did he say or do for you to trust him on cherry picked positions?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 06:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

don't encourage him

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 07:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not like the Republicans haven't been involved in any warmongering before. Just because Trump hasn't been in a position where he could start a war before doesn't mean he won't now that he is. Memphis' logic is telling. Most people like the new guy until (on account of having a clean political rep) until it turns out the new guy is just like the old guy. Then they vote for the new-new guy that's diametrically opposed to the old-new guy and love him, until the new-new guy turns out to be too similar to the old-new guy. Repeat ad infinitum. That's american bipartisan politics for you.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 07:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
What's wrong with Putin?

:dork:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 07:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
What news? Heard NYT has been onto him lately, but they're as compromised as CNN and the rest with Clintonite insiders. What's wrong with Putin?

Surprising. You can't think of anything, really? Then you haven't been listening to him during the campaign.

Memphis wrote:
It's ever a viable option to blame another country for absolutely everything? She blamed them for Wikileaks, she said Trump himself had Russian backing, she said Comey was a 'Russian spy', lol. Goodman goes over this - Comey had no control over the finding of backed-up e-mails on Weiner's laptop, basically. He let her off literally for being 'too dumb to know', then let her off again, after new evidence was found.

Ah, but most intelligence experts agreed with that assessment. So either they're all in on it or there's some truth to it. I'll choose to believe the latter for now, seeing as there's no evidence to the contrary. I'd also be interested in where you found the 'Russian spy' thing regarding Comey, first time i heard of it.

Memphis wrote:
Climate is depressing yes, but nonetheless true. And she's never been and never will be against fracking, or big-oil in general. We know that for a damn fact, from her speeches.

Yes yes, again you point to stuff she said and did before the election. Why not hold Trump to that same standard?

Memphis wrote:
I think you'll find Trump gained many a voter that actually does not want any more disasterous foreign policy, being aware of just how disasterous it's been for the past eight years. Whereas Clintonites will refuse to even acknowledge that fact. Or do you think the destruction of Libya was a good thing?

Agreed on that part - i just happen to think most of those voters were woefully uninformed and didn't (or refused to?) see that the Obama foreign policy was actually better in several ways than the Bush foreign policy. And me taking that position does not mean i cheered when Libya went down.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 07:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Is he worse than the Saudis? :|

Pretty much, but he also has more nukes.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Memphis wrote:
What news? Heard NYT has been onto him lately, but they're as compromised as CNN and the rest with Clintonite insiders. What's wrong with Putin?

Surprising. You can't think of anything, really? Then you haven't been listening to him during the campaign.

Memphis wrote:
It's ever a viable option to blame another country for absolutely everything? She blamed them for Wikileaks, she said Trump himself had Russian backing, she said Comey was a 'Russian spy', lol. Goodman goes over this - Comey had no control over the finding of backed-up e-mails on Weiner's laptop, basically. He let her off literally for being 'too dumb to know', then let her off again, after new evidence was found.

Ah, but most intelligence experts agreed with that assessment. So either they're all in on it or there's some truth to it. I'll choose to believe the latter for now, seeing as there's no evidence to the contrary. I'd also be interested in where you found the 'Russian spy' thing regarding Comey, first time i heard of it.

These stories were floating around before Hillarys meltdown n all - like Wikileaks owners meeting Al Assad, requesting secret service bodyguards from the Russians, arranging refuge for Snowden in Russia, Assanges own show on RT and all this involvement when considering Russias track record is hardly better than the US n shit.

It's not like these links were plucked from thin air. So aye, I'm more inclined to believe Russia had some involvement.

It's like debating with Mazda saying that the Malaysian plane was shot down by the Ukrainians, all the evidence points one way but cos Russia said otherwise it must be true.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So no Russian hacking, nope, never. Passwords are too easy to guess,

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 09:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You asked whiich was more likely, I told you.

Based on the evidence at hand it appears that the more likely scenario is that Russia had some involvement.

You could use the 'guessing password' line to defend someone against any hack, I doubt very much it would hold water though when you can't back it up with anything.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 09:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

From a hacked email ?

It also looks like that's some sort of password that's been reset and meant to change at a later date.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
I'd also be interested in where you found the 'Russian spy' thing regarding Comey, first time i heard of it.

Memphis believes everything he reads on Facebook.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 10:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Quote:
Though CAP is still having issues with my email and computer, yours is good to go.
jpodesta
p@ssw0rd

How naïve are you? :(

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 10:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:

Bah, unfair. Asked a question, didn't make a statement. Do we wanna blow him up? Is he worse than the Saudis? :|

This too. You could atleast tell us whats right with him ?. Wikileaks doesnt have an awful lot to say on the subject despite the widespread corruption ;)

You cant throw Hillary under the bus yet defend Putin, Assange has got in your head dude.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 10:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Don't make me go back to shit-posting :|

100 years from now students will give the Trump Administration about as much thought as they give the Wilson Administration today

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 11:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Y'all should just go out and protest the mean orange man's election, I guess :shrug:

bit unfair, you wanted the debate ? and no ones really saying hillary is a good person, just that Trump is worse. I dont think ive said anything about the Trump presidency beyond a laughing icon.

Everything ive raised is completely valid. Like I said this wikileaks links was going around long before Trump announced his presidential run. Do a google search for something like Wikileaks links to Russia and set the max date range to 2013 or someshit, its all circumstantial like but relevant.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 12:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In your opinion, others see it differently. Im not just refering to her honesty either, but on balance she would have been a better president than Trump with all things considered imo. Obviously you think differently and theres no guarantee that all her emails were real on wikileaks, which is what is being claimed.

From what I can tell n all there was nothing really disturbing, just what we all knew.

Who didnt think politics wasnt a dirty business?.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 01:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ffs it's over, let it go

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 01:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For the lolz

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 02:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

to be fair though, his claim that "we'd be better off if we still had Saddam" is just the logical end-point of every anti-Iraq War argument ever made, spelled out in unequivocal terms

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-17-2016 07:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
bla bla bla....

you really struggle with concepts that go beyond the first few lines of a wiki entry...

wikileaks = spying on people... :dork:

the emails are all real, dnc, podesta... they say some of them are forged, but noone disputed specific documents... connecting everything with her released emails, guccifer hacks, and leaks from previous years, theres enough material to put quite a lot of people in jail, including hillary and obama.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-17-2016 08:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The emails are real but some are disputed ?, thats what I said.

Whats good enough to jail her for ?, you could try being specific. If all you got is a breach of procedure when using her emails then behave. Theres plenty out there that brings Guccifier claims into question n all, with evidence but not a lot (if anything ?) in defence of Russian backing.

Spying is the observation of someones private affairs n all, what would you call it ?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-19-2016 04:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

some more great Mark Blyth here:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-19-2016 09:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Memphis wrote:
Don't make me go back to shit-posting :|

100 years from now students will give the Trump Administration about as much thought as they give the Wilson Administration today

I doubt that very much. No matter what happens this will live on in infamy.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-21-2016 02:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-21-2016 02:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:|

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-21-2016 03:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-21-2016 05:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Aw bless 'em. They're trying oh, so hard :|

The pot calling the kettle black. :olo:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-22-2016 04:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

#PizzaGate

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-22-2016 06:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

#UndeadODB

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-22-2016 06:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

#bringbackeazy

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-22-2016 09:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

#twitterisfaggotryincarnate

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-22-2016 11:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

#thesunwillstillcomeuptomorrow

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-22-2016 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BBC interview with Milo Yannopoulous here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38069469

what bothers me about this guy is that some of his views i agree with 100% (free speech, for instance), yet i worry that if people start to associate free speech with Trump-loving crazies it will damage the cause of free speech. he's pretty articulate though. you can tell he's given this spiel a zillion times

plained
plained
PostPosted: 11-22-2016 05:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

worry?

:olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.