Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        NEED Bot's on one Map. PLEASE Help

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: NEED Bot's on one Map. PLEASE Help

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-29-2016 02:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

NEED Bot's on one Map. I have "prejudice2" map on my rotation server but there are no bots on the map. Somebody's going to make it ? Please.

This is difficult for me ((

Map: https://lvlworld.com/download/Ruined%20city

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 11-29-2016 04:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How urgent is it? I would do it in weekend since I have not Quake3 installed on my laptop, but I have it on my desktop home. I'm in Prague now and do not have access to desktop. But that depends on map construction. If it has leak, bot file is impossible to generate...

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-29-2016 06:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not urgent. I'll be waiting, thx.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 11-29-2016 08:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK, bookmarked topic, added to favourites and added a note :)

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-02-2016 10:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So the AAS compiled, but seems to be unable to load it on my setup. I included it here, test it, if it works. I was unable to add a bot even with AAS compiled :(

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 06:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CZghost, thank you very much!!, it work!! Once i added AAS file in general archive (prejudice2.pk3). Separately zzprejudice2-bots.pk3 archive in baseq3 directory not started bot's.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 06:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So it doesn't work with separated patch. Good to know :) So I'll download the map and patch directly this particular pk3 and contact map author if I may upload this patched version to lvlworld :) You may encourage problems when having different pk3 than most of players do have (even with only one particular file added and no more change). So if you plan to use this bots ready patch for players, make sure these players will be able to download patched release :up:

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 07:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok! :) I did not see that map on any servers of internet but i choose, because she is interesting and i added in my local server. Thank you for help, professional, good work! Bot's play like beasts ) One is not enough on this map, that is brutal music for hardcore gameplay. If you can add
it would be cool! Adding music we do not violate copyrights, i think..

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 08:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm afraid I would need source map for this to be done, since I can't add it to already compiled map. Decompiling map removes lighting from map and disalignes textures. You need to include music track in editor, which needs map in its original raw state. But I contact author for the bots addition...

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 08:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The mail address does not exist anymore (well, it does, but has been banned for inactivity). So I don't have permission to do that and any other mail address is not available :( Sorry :(

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 09:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If quake3world.com have filesarchive it could be upload here on site...to be work not lost.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 09:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe. But I don't have permission to make it online :( I've posted question in lvlworld forum, hope Tig will answer me... It's still on my computer, but I have some kind of virus which slows my computer down and I need to get it out of my machine. And if it requires reinstall, it will be lost forever. But there is solution: cloud - Dropbox or Google Drive :up:

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 09:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I found a solution, why zzprejudice2-bots.pk3 archive not started bot's on separately whit general archive. Your "PK3" file format is incorrect. I have upload "zzprejudice2-bots.pk3" test it!! I edit him it work!! http://www.megafileupload.com/ce6n/zzpr ... 2-bots.pk3

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 09:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Okay, can't test it now, but I believe you :) Sending it to Tig :)

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-04-2016 12:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Patch accepted and made online :)

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 12-04-2016 01:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool! :up:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.