Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Overwatch

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Overwatch

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 12-04-2016 07:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

never play overwatch on sunday

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-05-2016 01:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
Getting super tired of volunteering to fill the tank role and not getting any heals through the round.
Decided to try healing on Zenyatta and Mercy and suddenly winning a ton of comp matches.
I don't want to heal but I want to win...

I always enjoyed playing Zenyatta. He can do some pretty effective healing but is also great at picking off enemies when using the discord orb appropriately. Ever since his shields regenerate he's not quite as flimsy as he used to be either. He's a lot more fun than Mercy IMO.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-05-2016 01:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Creator of Fairly Odd Parents draws Overwatch characters:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-05-2016 01:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Apparently Overwatch Christmas stuff is happening on December 13th

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-06-2016 10:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just finished my placement in competitive.

Game 1 - Loss - Leaver after enemy team took the 1st point, and after the 1st round ended, 2 more leavers.
Game 2 - Loss - Enemy team had a 6-stack vs two 2-stacks and 2 randos.
Game 3 - Loss - Ally kept disconnecting, so we perpetually had 5 players.
Game 4 - Win
Game 5 - Loss - Because I suck.
Game 6 - Win - This time the enemy had a perpetual disconnector.
Game 7 - Draw - Draws are bullshit.
Game 8 - Loss
Game 9 - Win
Game 10 - Loss - Enemy team had a 6-stack and we had a 4-stack that spent the whole time bickering with the other rando on our team.

Came away with a score of 2416. Gotta love competitive mode.

PostPosted: 12-07-2016 01:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

your placements don't matter, it will put you like 400 points lower than your season 2 rank.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-07-2016 02:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're not the first person to tell me that. And that number sounds about right, I ended Season 2 slightly in Diamond. I misread my placement score, it was actually 2116; another 400 would put me where I ended last season. Here's hoping placements are gone for season 4. :up:

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 12-07-2016 03:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is this like MMR?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 12-08-2016 02:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
never play overwatch on sunday

lesson learned

Eraser wrote:
Silicone_Milk wrote:
Getting super tired of volunteering to fill the tank role and not getting any heals through the round.
Decided to try healing on Zenyatta and Mercy and suddenly winning a ton of comp matches.
I don't want to heal but I want to win...

I always enjoyed playing Zenyatta. He can do some pretty effective healing but is also great at picking off enemies when using the discord orb appropriately. Ever since his shields regenerate he's not quite as flimsy as he used to be either. He's a lot more fun than Mercy IMO.

Yeah, if I feel like we have low damage I'll heal as Zenyatta just to give a little bit more to the team. Sometimes getting those 4x rez potg feels good though. The recent buff to her health regeneration is annoying to play against and great when playing as her.

Don Carlos wrote:
Apparently Overwatch Christmas stuff is happening on December 13th

I am excited for this. Stockpiling credits for new skins.

Transient wrote:
You're not the first person to tell me that. And that number sounds about right, I ended Season 2 slightly in Diamond. I misread my placement score, it was actually 2116; another 400 would put me where I ended last season. Here's hoping placements are gone for season 4. :up:

Just don't make the mistake I made of playing comp on the weekends. After last weekend ended I started winning games again and climbed back up to where I was before the weekend started. What I don't understand about placements is that Blizzard admitted that they screwed up with the SR distribution in Season 1 and 2 saying the system was flawed. Yet, they're calibrating Season 3 rating placement off of Season 2's SR meaning they're calibrating off of a broken system they admitted was wrong to begin with. :rolleyes:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 03:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Christmas Event starts today

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 06:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wonder when it will start... Its all the same here. Maybe theres no X-Mas for Germany cause we were that bad. :D

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 06:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just waiting for the skins :o

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 07:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I saw Christmas lights in the offense starting area of Temple of Anubis yesterday. Was that always there or was that added specifically for Christmas?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 10:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Should be live by 7pm GMT

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 11:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My 1.16gb patch is downloading :D

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 11:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mei's snowball game is mega :D

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 12:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Symetra changes are live too - going to give her a blast now

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 01:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Loving the snowball game :)

I only just realized you get loot box rewards for the various arcade modes. Is this always the case or only because of the winter festivities now? I'm loving the 1v1 mode. It's incredibly tense. Not all heroes work as well (Bastion is shit because of his massive health and self-heal ability) but it makes the game actually kind of scary to play.

Already got a winter Lucio and winter Widowmaker skin btw :)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 01:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Loving the snowball game :)

I only just realized you get loot box rewards for the various arcade modes. Is this always the case or only because of the winter festivities now? I'm loving the 1v1 mode. It's incredibly tense. Not all heroes work as well (Bastion is shit because of his massive health and self-heal ability) but it makes the game actually kind of scary to play.

Already got a winter Lucio and winter Widowmaker skin btw :)

Yeah you always get a loot box for 3 wins...1v1 is awesome :D
3v3 is also very good.

Lucky bastard!!! I have no winter skins yet

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 02:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Had a good 3v3 matchup with torbjorn, Roadhog and myself als soldier 76. Teammate said go Mercy instead but that didn't work out well for me. Soldier 76's healing ability was enough.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 02:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

didnt know the new symmetra was already live

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 02:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Went live in this patch brah

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 02:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 02:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Starting today, all in-game Loot Boxes have been replaced with our impeccably wrapped Winter Loot Boxes, and they’re filled to the brim with over 100 new cosmetic trimmings!

LOL, that's a lot of voice lines. :p

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 02:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I saw Christmas lights in the offense starting area of Temple of Anubis yesterday. Was that always there or was that added specifically for Christmas?

I noticed that last week, pretty sure they were always there.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 03:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Quote:
Starting today, all in-game Loot Boxes have been replaced with our impeccably wrapped Winter Loot Boxes, and they’re filled to the brim with over 100 new cosmetic trimmings!

LOL, that's a lot of voice lines. :p

yea only 2 new highlight intros, and theyre pretty meh

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 06:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elf Tracer is so adorable I just want to pinch her cheeks.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-13-2016 08:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Perv.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-14-2016 01:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The 'Stay in team' feature is much appreciated.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-14-2016 01:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that was a big bonus for me too - had quite a few wins on the bounce because of that

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-14-2016 03:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Lucky bastard!!! I have no winter skins yet

You're doing it wrong :p

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 12-14-2016 03:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got that peppermint sombra skin from a box. Lots of voice lines too.
Also got the legendary emote for Zarya that randomly picks a gift from a box with different reactions to them.
I could have sworn there was going to be a mercy skin for xmas and super bummed that I stockpiled credits for nothing. Tracer skin is great even though I never play her.
Stay In Team feature is A+
Snowball Offensive game mode is way too slow. Was fun for me for one round then I was pretty over it after I got my loot box. 1v1 duels have been a blast though.
Mei's legendary skin is the laziest skin I've seen put out so far. It's a recolor with a hat. That's it. Sure, ice block gets a snowman head put on top of it but this skin is 'epic' at best imo. Disappointing that a hero who's entire theme is ice/snow gets a weak-ass skin update during a winter event.

Symmetra. Symmetras everywhere. Not opposed to this. Her new E has been pretty disruptive and makes for some good push opportunities.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-14-2016 04:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I feel like she's gotten a bit OP. She can chew through people super fast, with hardly any time to react. And turrets, God the turrets, are everywhere!

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-14-2016 10:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I feel like she's gotten a bit OP. She can chew through people super fast, with hardly any time to react. And turrets, God the turrets, are everywhere!

This was my thought and then I saw how quickly the turrets can be taken down by Mei and Winston.
Her latch on beam is rather good at destroying people now. I've seen lots of POTG when she runs in after a Blizzard or a Graviton Surge and destroy anyone frozen/sucked up in it.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-18-2016 02:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How come I hadn't noticed McCree in the Winter title screen until now? :olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.