Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Overwatch

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Overwatch

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-18-2016 02:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hadn't noticed him, either. :olo:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-18-2016 05:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
How come I hadn't noticed McCree in the Winter title screen until now? :olo:

Excellent spot :D

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-18-2016 11:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Roadhog's Christmas gun is a present from Junkrat. AWWWWWWWW!!! :clownboat:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-19-2016 12:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a shame that competitive play remains a cesspool of entitled morons.
Still doing my placement matches for season 3 and I just had a game where our team barely managed to get the payload beyond the first checkpoint in Gibraltar. When on defense, the enemy team got to the first checkpoint relatively quickly, but after that it stalled. The payload inched forward but time was ticking away as well. At one point, they were only 3 meters away from where we got to and there was only like 30 seconds left on the clock. With 10, maybe 15 seconds to go, they pushed it beyond where we got and won the match.

Instantly a good number of team members went "gg noob team", "my team sucks" and comments like that. To be honest, it felt like a really well balanced match. If we had pushed just a tiny bit further on offense or had slowed them just a bit better on the first half of our defense round, we would've ended up winning that match. Whatever way you look at it, that match was close and should've been a massive source of enjoyment for any party involved. However, some people just insist on being assholes no matter what. It ruins the competitive experience greatly.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-19-2016 12:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Same as the morons whining about Mei's winter skin. Jesus Christ that's a textbook definition of entitlement right there :rolleyes:

ouF!
ouF!
PostPosted: 12-19-2016 01:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sad to say but it's like that on most FPS these days.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-19-2016 01:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

/hidechat

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-19-2016 01:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the only thing that bothers me are the hilarious people throwing up an icewall when the doors open.
there's always one :rolleyes:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-19-2016 02:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
the only thing that bothers me are the hilarious people throwing up an icewall when the doors open.
there's always one :rolleyes:

I do that to the opposition. Gains valuable seconds in taking down a small number who go through a different door

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-19-2016 02:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
It's a shame that competitive play remains a cesspool of entitled morons.
Still doing my placement matches for season 3 and I just had a game where our team barely managed to get the payload beyond the first checkpoint in Gibraltar. When on defense, the enemy team got to the first checkpoint relatively quickly, but after that it stalled. The payload inched forward but time was ticking away as well. At one point, they were only 3 meters away from where we got to and there was only like 30 seconds left on the clock. With 10, maybe 15 seconds to go, they pushed it beyond where we got and won the match.

Instantly a good number of team members went "gg noob team", "my team sucks" and comments like that. To be honest, it felt like a really well balanced match. If we had pushed just a tiny bit further on offense or had slowed them just a bit better on the first half of our defense round, we would've ended up winning that match. Whatever way you look at it, that match was close and should've been a massive source of enjoyment for any party involved. However, some people just insist on being assholes no matter what. It ruins the competitive experience greatly.

Yeah it's a cancer...but just play in a group with people who you know and you will be fine :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-19-2016 02:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's fine. I was talking about when your own teammates do it.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-19-2016 02:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK so it is time to address Symmetra.

At the moment she is WAY OP. I like the fact she has been changed up, but a fully charged Symmetra can deal 125hp a second. She should not be able to destroy a Reinhardt that quickly. The weapon range is now great, but the DPS is too high. I think she will be nerfed quite quickly from a DPS point of view. The rest of her updates have been great.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-19-2016 02:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:

Heh...imagine 6 walls in Mei's Christmas brawl :dts:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-19-2016 02:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
MKJ wrote:

Heh...imagine 6 walls in Mei's Christmas brawl :dts:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 12-19-2016 06:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Same as the morons whining about Mei's winter skin. Jesus Christ that's a textbook definition of entitlement right there :rolleyes:

Not at all. The complaint about Mei's winter skin is that they're trying to pass it off as a 3k credit quality skin when there's less that's been done visually compared to other legendary (1k credit) and even epic (750 credit) skins.

They even apologized for Mei's skin and admitted that they didn't nail it but mentioned that she's going to get some sort of new skin early next year (chinese new years maybe? :drool: :drool: :drool: )

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-19-2016 07:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's virtual vanity items in a video game that cost you no money to acquire. That's entitlement right there.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 12-19-2016 08:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yet the currency requires time to acquire and 3000 credits means more time sunk into getting said currency. Blizzard has traditionally produced some good quality stuff. It's not entitlement to be disappointed when they fail to create a skin that's at least on par quality-wise with every other skin they've made (especially for a character that fits the theme of the patch and season the most).
And then there are some people that actually do purchase boxes with real money. If i did, I sure as hell would be bummed out to get that Mei skin in a box instead of any of the other xmas skins (except Lucio. that skin looks like ass but it's only 750 credits)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-19-2016 08:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK I guess there's a significant discrepancy between how seriously I take this game and how seriously some other people take it :shrug:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-19-2016 08:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe I'm also biased because I think the Mei winter skin is kind of adorable. Especially the snowman thing is lovely.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-20-2016 04:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

£24.99 Christmas deal

Those who don't have it, sack up and get involved. Best game you've never played.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-20-2016 09:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Forget it, Memphis isn't going to play

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-20-2016 09:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Forget it, Memphis isn't going to play

His loss. A few other good gamers here that it would be fun to play with though *cough* Phoenix *cough*

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-20-2016 02:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I play on PC, but I suck enough with a ping of 40, UK servers would make me pull my hair out. :(

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-20-2016 02:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I play on PC, but I suck enough with a ping of 40, UK servers would make me pull my hair out. :(

Yeah that's fair enough...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-21-2016 07:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really suck at this game.. i have some problems with the hit-feedback and aiming... :/
The game is great, but i have to get into it.. it just "feels" weird to me compared to quake or the new doom.
I hope you know what i mean.
Are there some hidden options or stuff to make it feel more like quake? :D

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 12-21-2016 07:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lower your mouse sensitivity

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-21-2016 07:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thx, i will try that ;)

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 12-21-2016 08:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Turn off v-sync if you have it enabled and a lot of input lag will vanish.
Disable send rate limit as well.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-22-2016 05:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

THX guys, it was my mouse-sens! Im going with 8.00 sens now (12.xx before/razer abyssus) -and its alot better.
Im feeling like an Idiot :D :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-24-2016 01:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

5 free winter loot boxes :D

I was hoping for one from the dev team...5 is awesome :)

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-25-2016 08:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I bought it a couple days ago

CaptainMazda#1378

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-25-2016 08:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Prepare your anus

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-26-2016 03:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck, another inevitable Genji main ignoring the payload

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-26-2016 03:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got the legendary Tracer winter skin out of a box yesterday btw :D

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-26-2016 03:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yesterday I was playing Mei's brawl and said, to no one in particular in chat, "I'll put a rug in this one" upon which I got locked into a 10 minute discussion with someone feverishly trying to convince me she said "a rock" and not "a rug". I just kept on pulling this fella's leg to see how far I could draw it out :olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.