Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Bots respawn very slowly

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Bots respawn very slowly

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-30-2016 01:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello Everybody!

I have a problem with vanilla Q3 since I got my new computer a few weeks ago. It's a Dell Inspiron 7559 with a Geforce GTX 960M GPU and Win10 Home 64-bit.

The issue is that when I play through the single player campaign, the bots won't respawn almost immediately, as they should, but take up to a minute finally to appear. It also seems like they try to chat but can't (there's that symbol over their dead body). In the last match I played, there were absolutely no messages throughout the match, only after the match.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-31-2016 11:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yaaay, I found the solution! The framerate was the culprit. \com_maxfps was set to 200, and for some reason that confused the bots.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.