Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        President Trump

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: President Trump

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 09:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ganemi wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:

Can't decide if I am for or against this. Tough call. These parasites saying that all Muslims should be banned, Mexicans deported and blacks stopped and frisked by cops, actually probably should be beaten.

On the other hand, fucking up the country was a collective effort in a way. It wasn't just idiot cucks like the guy who got punched.

Are you by any chance a white man?

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 09:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what u lack in intelligence u attept to make up being a overly emotional vicious vulger little catshit smoking malicious lie spreading goblin :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 09:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
IRemember when plained posted his Myers Briggs personality type and it turned out he has power issues (the type of sycophant who bolsters fascists) and that he most likely is in a loveless marriage? :olo:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on what he posted...

you can't tell any of that from a MB test, so it was probably something else

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 09:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:

what is this?

looks like someone doesn't like free speech for people whose views they despise :|

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 10:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

People can say what they want. It's when they organize around repressive ideas that I get steamed. He's not just some dumb follower like plained.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 10:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm with plained in this one. Disagree with his opinions, sure, but an act of violence like this is just plain stupid and doesn't solve anything.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 10:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I'm with plained in this one. Disagree with his opinions, sure, but an act of violence like this is just plain stupid and doesn't solve anything.

Actually it lets scumbags who themselves advocate for horrible and violent things know that they will be resisted.

Spencer's violence is a lot less measured imo.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 10:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

_

Last edited by Ganemi on 03-30-2023 11:04 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 10:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ganemi wrote:

My race doesn't have anything to do with my opinions, tbh. I'm looking at the problem from an objective standpoint of America having been right wing extremist for a very, very long time. I mean, most people haven't payed that much attention to minorities being terrorized by the government for decades over drugs that were blamed for an environmental epidemic caused by the oil industry. Do blacks cause cancer? No. Alzheimers? No. Heart disease? No. All problems caused by lead, yet you can't blame those on blacks. You can, however, get away with blaming crime on them, even though crime rates were rising internationally in the 60's thanks to lead proliferation. Guess what? The same corporations lobbying to ban drugs were also pharma conglomerates making a huge profit off of drugs being banned. Is it any wonder Robert L. DuPont was Nixon's Drugs Czar?

Walter Scott gets stopped over a "broken tail light" and he winds up getting murdered. Murderer walks free. Castillo also stopped over a "broken tail light" and gets murdered. Murderer is probably also going to walk free. Happens countless times, and people are simply disappeared off of the street.

Speaking of which, wanna see cops shoot eachother, then blame a suspect and execute him, then lie about it? This is all over him riding a bicycle with headphones, then ditching his bike and running when the cops tried to stop him.

It's not new. It happens all the time, and the cops like parasite retard jocks that don't understand anything outside of physical excitement, act like good, innocent little boys and blame the "suspects." Americans still think Michael Brown tried to grab a gun off of a cop seated in an SUV, while at the same time the cop was responding to a robbery. THEN, after using his magical negro skills to assault the innocent cop with his magical negro stretching arms, Brown ran away, then spun around and charged at the cop. Doesn't make any fucking sense if you actually try to parse it. But Americans don't really need to, after decades of propaganda that certain people are weird, scary, and dangerous, while we cut all funding for mental health care and let mentally ill people roam the streets.

And it's not like all cops are magically evil or racist, that's not the problem.

A large part of America isn't triggered by the reality that the government keeps murdering people in search of drugs that have absolutely nothing to do with crime, and are mostly used by people so that they don't have to slave away 40 hours making someone else rich to get shitty health care. They're triggered that they have to acknowledge the reality that once you're unable to buy into that bullshit slave labor system, it's just a near-invisible ride all the way down into the neighborhoods where cops get to shoot people in the back who are mostly minding their own business.

What any of these things have to do with my race, I don't know.

I really like this post. My point about your race was that you might likely feel less existentially threatened by Spencer if you are white as opposed to if you are black.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 10:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
People can say what they want. It's when they organize around repressive ideas that I get steamed. He's not just some dumb follower like plained.

i have no idea who that guy is, but he does seem to have a somewhat Nazi haircut

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 11:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Casey <3

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 12:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:

i have no idea who that guy is, but he does seem to have a somewhat Nazi haircut

His name is Richard Spencer. He advocates for the 'peaceful' creation of a white homeland in North America as if such a thing could be done peacefully. See Israel, South Africa etc. He lies a lot. It might make you feel better to know that he was explaining the Pepe the Frog meme when he happened to get punched. For me Pepe is the limit to free speech (not really obviously)

Richard certainly puts a nice preppy face to the idea of ethnic cleansing!

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 12:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He also coined the term "alt-right".

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 01:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
white homeland

has he never been to Minnesota? :p

Quote:
Pepe is the limit to free speech

the limit to free speech is the line between words and actions, a line patrolled by the law. the best cure for stupid ideas is sunlight. censorship and suppression are the petri dishes in which stupid ideas flourish

also, when people argue for limits to free speech, they should say what they really mean: throwing people in prison for their opinions :!:

but then, when you put it that way, it sounds a bit... fascist...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 02:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ganemi wrote:
My race doesn't have anything to do with my opinions, tbh. I'm looking at the problem from an objective standpoint of America having been right wing extremist for a very, very long time. I mean, most people haven't payed that much attention to minorities being terrorized by the government for decades over drugs that were blamed for an environmental epidemic caused by the oil industry. Do blacks cause cancer? No. Alzheimers? No. Heart disease? No. All problems caused by lead, yet you can't blame those on blacks. You can, however, get away with blaming crime on them, even though crime rates were rising internationally in the 60's thanks to lead proliferation. Guess what? The same corporations lobbying to ban drugs were also pharma conglomerates making a huge profit off of drugs being banned. Is it any wonder Robert L. DuPont was Nixon's Drugs Czar?

Walter Scott gets stopped over a "broken tail light" and he winds up getting murdered. Murderer walks free. Castillo also stopped over a "broken tail light" and gets murdered. Murderer is probably also going to walk free. Happens countless times, and people are simply disappeared off of the street.

Speaking of which, wanna see cops shoot eachother, then blame a suspect and execute him, then lie about it? This is all over him riding a bicycle with headphones, then ditching his bike and running when the cops tried to stop him.

It's not new. It happens all the time, and the cops like parasite retard jocks that don't understand anything outside of physical excitement, act like good, innocent little boys and blame the "suspects." Americans still think Michael Brown tried to grab a gun off of a cop seated in an SUV, while at the same time the cop was responding to a robbery. THEN, after using his magical negro skills to assault the innocent cop with his magical negro stretching arms, Brown ran away, then spun around and charged at the cop. Doesn't make any fucking sense if you actually try to parse it. But Americans don't really need to, after decades of propaganda that certain people are weird, scary, and dangerous, while we cut all funding for mental health care and let mentally ill people roam the streets.

And it's not like all cops are magically evil or racist, that's not the problem.

A large part of America isn't triggered by the reality that the government keeps murdering people in search of drugs that have absolutely nothing to do with crime, and are mostly used by people so that they don't have to slave away 40 hours making someone else rich to get shitty health care. They're triggered that they have to acknowledge the reality that once you're unable to buy into that bullshit slave labor system, it's just a near-invisible ride all the way down into the neighborhoods where cops get to shoot people in the back who are mostly minding their own business.

What any of these things have to do with my race, I don't know.

:up: :up: :up:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 02:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
His name is Richard Spencer. He advocates for the 'peaceful' creation of a white homeland in North America as if such a thing could be done peacefully. See Israel, South Africa etc. He lies a lot. It might make you feel better to know that he was explaining the Pepe the Frog meme when he happened to get punched. For me Pepe is the limit to free speech (not really obviously)

Richard certainly puts a nice preppy face to the idea of ethnic cleansing!

He completes the holy triumvirate of neanderthalism along with Steve Bannon and his favourite boy toy Milo Yiannopoulos.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 03:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nah, Spencer came up with the term as part of a think tank and then went on to use it when he created his alt-right blog in 2010.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 03:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
the limit to free speech is the line between words and actions, a line patrolled by the law. the best cure for stupid ideas is sunlight. censorship and suppression are the petri dishes in which stupid ideas flourish

also, when people argue for limits to free speech, they should say what they really mean: throwing people in prison for their opinions :!:

but then, when you put it that way, it sounds a bit... fascist...

Exactly. If Richard Perle or Henry Kissinger or Dick Cheney were at a podium giving an interview and someone came up and punched them would it be about free speech? This guy is actively seeking to influence the Trump administration (if he doesn't have Trump's ear he at least has the ear of some who do i.e. Steve Bannon). I see him in the same way i do a Perle. That's why I found the punch so satisfying.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 03:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 03:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
the limit to free speech is the line between words and actions

I largely agree but some speech is so irresponsible as to be dangerous. You aren't free to yell "fire!" in a crowded theater for example. Slander is another example of how speech isn't completely free.

Espousing racist views and whipping up crowds is pretty darn irresponsible imo too. I'm not saying people should be jailed for it but it's not quite as clear cut as you make it.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 03:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
Exactly. If Richard Perle or Henry Kissinger or Dick Cheney were at a podium giving an interview and someone came up and punched them would it be about free speech? This guy is actively seeking to influence the Trump administration (if he doesn't have Trump's ear he at least has the ear of some who do i.e. Steve Bannon). I see him in the same way i do a Perle. That's why I found the punch so satisfying.

i wasn't referring to the free speech of the puncher, since i assumed it was obvious that physical assault isn't an exercise of free speech. i was referring to the free speech of Nazi boy and his white homeland pipe dream

also, don't be too satisfied. the idiot who cold-cocked him is just contributing to the legitimisation of violence as a form of public 'debate'. it won't be so satisfying when Milo's fanboys start ripping off veils while yelling DEUS VULT :|

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 03:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
You aren't free to yell "fire!" in a crowded theater for example. Slander is another example of how speech isn't completely free.

yelling fire in a crowded theatre isn't an exercise of free speech; it's a public nuisance. it's also the most cliched and misused counter-example ever employed in the debate over free speech :| (and the US has defamation laws with a high bar of proof, which seems acceptable to me - unlike UK's atrocious libel laws...)

Quote:
Espousing racist views and whipping up crowds is pretty darn irresponsible imo too. I'm not saying people should be jailed for it but it's not quite as clear cut as you make it.

incitement is actually a crime (though it's worth mentioning that what counts as incitement - at least in the UK - has stretched to point where just about anything negative is seen as 'incitement'). also, just because someone shouldn't be jailed for talking bollocks doesn't make what they're saying any less bollocks. again, i'd have thought this was obvious. i'm talking about their right to free speech under the law, i.e. society can condemn someone for their views, but no way the government should be allowed to condemn them

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 05:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:|

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 08:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 09:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What a fucking insecure bitch.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 10:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-22-2017 01:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:

>"it'll be different when i'm president"
>it's not different

Trump's witless bullshit will become so routine, the only way he could possibly surprise anyone would be to actually make America great ("again") :|

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-22-2017 02:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i knew there was a reason i thought Trump was a massive douchebag from the first moment i heard of him (some time in the 1990s)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-22-2017 09:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is kind of funny:

Quote:
French translators have had a tough time translating Donald Trump’s speeches into the language of Molière.

Translator Bérengère Viennot believes the new US President is difficult to translate because “he seems not to know quite where he’s going,” she told the LA Review of Books.

The first step for a translator is to be able to “get into someone’s mind,” explained Mrs Viennot, but it’s not always easy to understand the point Mr Trump is trying to make. 

“Trump’s vocabulary is limited, his syntax is broken; he repeats the same phrases over and over, forcing the translator to follow suit," she said.

“It’s as if he had thematic clouds in his head that he would pick from with no need of a logical thread to link them.”

[/Quote]

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 39461.html

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-22-2017 10:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It would be funnier if they weren't talking out the President of the United States. :(

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-22-2017 11:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

jonathan pie, on point once more

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-22-2017 11:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Always is

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-22-2017 12:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:

Wow, if only people reacted the same way to illegally invading countries, funding terrorism, and using public money to support a foreign apartheid state :|

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-22-2017 12:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That can easily be explained. Those things affect other people, so who cares?
That sounds rather cynical, but that's how it works. And that, frankly, is kind of understandable.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.