Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Growing Tomatoes In Urine

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Growing Tomatoes In Urine

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 06:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A strange experiment at the German space agency, DLR, may just feed future Mars expeditions.
A fish tank brimming with urine is the first thing you see when you enter Jens Hauslage’s cramped office at the German space agency, DLR, near Cologne. It sits on a shelf by his desk, surrounded by the usual academic clutter of books, charts and scientific papers.
Rising from the centre of the tank are two transparent plastic cylindrical columns – around a metre in height. Spreading from the top of each tube is a bushy, healthy-looking tomato plant with green leaves, flowers and even a few bright red tomatoes. Read More:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2017030 ... s-in-urine

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 07:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doesn't sound all that yummy and another thing, if you go to Mars stay away from the Tomatoes!

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 07:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lars63 wrote:
Doesn't sound all that yummy and another thing, if you go to Mars stay away from the Tomatoes!

np, i wouldn't see them on mars anyways

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 11:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

probably cleaner than all the chemical shit they spray over 'normal' tomatoes.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 06:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I still think you should follow my advice about the tomatoes if you go to Mars. Just saying

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 07:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 07:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lars, do you have mason jars filled with piss in your home?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 10:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lars63 wrote:

You're right, the traditional method of spraying cow manure into the soil sounds much better

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 10:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
You're right, the traditional method of spraying cow manure into the soil sounds much better

I laughed loudly on reading that :up:

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 03-09-2017 05:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Lars, do you have mason jars filled with piss in your home?

No do you?

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 03-09-2017 05:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
lars63 wrote:

That's it pick on the old guy,*LOL*, OK, I see what your saying I suppose it's all pretty gross when you come right down to it, I stand corrected. Even with all that I think it's a good idea to stay away from the tomatoes when you go to Mars,*grin*

plained
plained
PostPosted: 03-09-2017 05:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

meh cows and horses eat grass so it isnt very gross.

dog shit from standerd production dog food :puke:

grow your tomatoes in that and let science tell you "plants are a natural filter blablabla, piss is sterile etc" :olo:

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 03-09-2017 07:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I read somewhere that you should never grow your vegetables in dog poo, can't back up my claim though cause can't remember where I saw it. Old people!!!

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
PostPosted: 03-09-2017 07:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thanks for ruining yellow tomatoes for me

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-09-2017 08:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lars63 wrote:
I read somewhere that you should never grow your vegetables in dog poo, can't back up my claim though cause can't remember where I saw it. Old people!!!

Poo from dogs (and cats) can contain parasites (worm eggs) that are harmful to humans.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-09-2017 10:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well that explains everything >:(

Best get back to using good old clean cow shit

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.