Quake3World.com Forums
     Announcements
        IMPORTANT: Q3W Site Maintenance : bookmark quake3forum.com

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: IMPORTANT: Q3W Site Maintenance : bookmark quake3forum.com

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 03-30-2017 11:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Comrades,

Our server is getting old and needs to be decommissioned. The site has been already been migrated to a new server, but unfortunately the domain is going to be in limbo until I can get the nameservers switched over.

Here's the important part: If the domain becomes unresponsive during the next few weeks, you can use the alternate domain of quake3forum.com.

That is all.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 04-07-2017 07:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Isn't it possible to change the server running the site & still keep the original domain? No domain change needed, just upgraded server...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-07-2017 05:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

id Software owns the quake3world.com domain name, they redirect it to whatever IP address belonging to the server. With the change in servers, it can take them some time to redirect the domain to the right IP. The alternate domain is a backup in case of a poor changeover.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Announcements

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.