Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Quake Champions - Gameplay Footage!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Quake Champions - Gameplay Footage!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-24-2017 06:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh and don't forget that Silicone_Milk was hating on Overwatch as well. He's bitter 'n all.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-24-2017 06:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Oh and don't forget that Silicone_Milk was hating on Overwatch as well. He's bitter 'n all.

I didn't realize making legitimate critiques of issues in the game (which were almost all addressed in later patches because Blizzard agreed) was "hating".

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-25-2017 08:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this is a videogame forum where everyone gets madder than madder about videogames

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 04-26-2017 11:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Donnay, if you got any invites left over once everyone on here has claimed can you swing 1 my way ?, my bro wants to give it a bash x

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 04-26-2017 12:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unreal Tournament + Overwatch: The game

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 04-26-2017 12:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wash your mouth out

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-26-2017 11:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got an email and a code :) but having dramas redeeming.....

Seems I can't pre load files :smirk: Ah, reminds self this is after all a beta test :rolleyes:

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 04:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I downloaded all the data on the Friday a few hours before the servers came online - try again tomorrow

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 07:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Duel mode unlocked...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 09:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yup :cool:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 11:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bacon wrote:
Unreal Tournament + Overwatch: The game

yeah there was a definite UT vibe going on there

which is fine by me since i liked the UT franchise

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 12:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Woke up this AM and fired up the PC.... Downloading :)

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 01:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

drinks, yup
pink kush, yup
high, yup

cu in the arenas

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 03:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Downloading now. Thanks for the key, Donny. :up:

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 03:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yaaaaaas, finally got in! :D

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 04:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is it dueling matches only this weekend?

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 04:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 04:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So long as you can get premium currency from in-game rewards, I'm OK with that. But if you can only spend real money to get premium currency to unlock heroes, then fuck that noise.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 04:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL now that I've fired up the game and accepted the NDA, I don't think I can even answer my own concern here. :o

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 05:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
LOL now that I've fired up the game and accepted the NDA, I don't think I can even answer my own concern here. :o

hit the closed beta forum

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 06:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
it was leg epix ('_') cosmetic unlocks am ok with, the more the better even.

wait a fucking minute though... 'rent' champions? so you need 'premium currency' to unlock characters? i feared cancer came in the boxes, or the infinite act of grinding boxes for necessary unlocks; but turns out one has to actually BUY YOUR OWN CANCER? lol?

no. sorry. fuck off.

holy shit! paying MONEY for a GAME!!? fuuucckkk thiiiiiissssss

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 06:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I should probably register there. I'll use the same as my in-game username, SomaHoliday. I came in 4th on my first Deathmatch, I'll try TDM later tonight, but I need to fiddle with my mouse sensitivity at some point. I need it low because I play while stoned and I'm not in high school any more, but if it's too low, I fling my mouse off the side of my desk. :(

Add me, assholes.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 09:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 09:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
shaft wrote:

no. paying money for fake money in a game you've already paid money for.

fuck that ('_')

You already paid for Quake Champions?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 09:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:

Seems like a standard free to play model.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 10:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You didn't even read the article.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 10:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
shaft wrote:

no. paying money for fake money in a game you've already paid money for.

fuck that ('_')

Don't worry. The model works like this:

There's a full, paid for game of Quake Champions which includes all of the champions.
You can, however, also download the F2P version of the game for free, and play that with just one champion and unlock the other champions with cash. Both fully paid for and f2p players can play against each other.

Sounds like a very reasonable model to me.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 10:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Donnay, if you got any invites left over once everyone on here has claimed can you swing 1 my way ?, my bro wants to give it a bash x

I've one spare if you still need one?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 11:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

There's a full, paid for game of Quake Champions which includes all of the champions.
You can, however, also download the F2P version of the game for free, and play that with just one champion and unlock the other champions with cash. Both fully paid for and f2p players can play against each other.

It's the same model Killer Instinct is using and it's working out pretty good for them.
Also makes sense.. even though I have the full game I only main two or three chars anyway.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 11:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Eraser wrote:

It's the same model Killer Instinct is using and it's working out pretty good for them.
Also makes sense.. even though I have the full game I only main two or three chars anyway.

Yeah same thing with Heroes of the Storm.
Not sure if you can buy individual champions in QC though. I only read about buying the whole lot of them in one go.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 11:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just buy the game, innit.

Going through my list of people who wanted keys and not too many people left who don't have access now by the looks of things - anyone else need one before I starting giving them to people who have requested for friends?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-27-2017 11:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bethesda launcher keeps crashing my wireless dongle on my PC >:E

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-28-2017 06:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Just buy the game, innit.

Going through my list of people who wanted keys and not too many people left who don't have access now by the looks of things - anyone else need one before I starting giving them to people who have requested for friends?

I'll give it try.

I'm still playing DayZ (I know :disgust: ) and have recently been playing PUBG quite bit. Not a whole lot of time left for anything else. But I'd at least like to see whats what if there are keys still available.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-28-2017 08:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok Gramps - I will send it over :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-28-2017 11:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I'm still playing DayZ

really? :|

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.