Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        President Trump

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: President Trump

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-12-2017 02:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
worse than ISIS? they're on the internet

as for emptying the words "harass" and "terrorise" of any serious meaning - i'm not even gonna go there :|

Yeah, for someone who's supposed to be intelligent, Cory Doctorow can be stupidly hyperbolic.
Personally, I think the dude's reputation is based mostly on self-promotion, and he can be a snippy little bitch. But he gets props from lots of people I do have time for. Plus the Guardian keep letting him write articles about DRM and copyright, which to be fair is a subject where he does have a lot of interesting things to say.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-12-2017 03:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dude, you need to stay the fuck off of Reddit and 4chan. You've gone native.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 05-12-2017 03:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis have i told you lately how much i marvel and appreciate your talent of

higher-level-of -awareness

it is awesome <3

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 05-12-2017 06:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 05-12-2017 06:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
puffincatpoo understands nothing!

his vicious nature is what makes him so easy to use as a low goon!

i mean golly he thinks if he says lies enough they become true!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIdc0NGumVc

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-12-2017 07:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
[tweet]

Chilling...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-13-2017 01:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:

seremtan wrote:
worth mentioning though that Plato was not a fan of democracy

also worth mentioning he thought the people should be ruled by an 'enlightened' elite. sound familiar?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-13-2017 01:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIdc0NGumVc

defo the inspiration for Thurston Moore

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 05-13-2017 05:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:

seremtan wrote:
worth mentioning though that Plato was not a fan of democracy

also worth mentioning he thought the people should be ruled by an 'enlightened' elite. sound familiar?

Actually he thought people should be ruled by a philosopher king whose chief qualities would be wisdom and benevolence and would be someone who lived a modest life.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-13-2017 05:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

correct. i was extrapolating somewhat. and plato is using his claim about tyrants arising from democracy to discredit democracy as an idea, not to defend it against a potential threat

not sure lawrence krauss was alert to that

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-13-2017 07:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-13-2017 09:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Stephan Molyneux

fucking lol, another youtube clown. why am i not surprised

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-14-2017 05:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-15-2017 11:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

To be fair he did believe that a philosopher king would be guided by truth rather than through greed.

Not a bad shout tbh, in a world where monarchies are the norm. Could lead to the whole 'for greater good' scenario though.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-15-2017 11:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well it's gained through knowledge and interpretation, there can be faults with both.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-15-2017 07:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-reporte ... 6e62c934bd
Quote:
On Monday, the Washington Post dropped some leaked details of Drumpf’s discussion with Sergei and Sergey. Citing “current and former U.S. officials,” the Post said that Drumpf had divulged “highly classified information” to the two Russian officials, and thereby “jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.”

One source told the Post that Drumpf had “revealed more information to the Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -west-wing
Quote:
Communications staff and senior staffers at the White House were literally “hiding in offices,” according to a senior Drumpf aide, as a gaggle of White House press stormed White House hallways just after the Washington Post story broke on Monday evening.

LOL what an idiot.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 05-15-2017 08:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

reads mcdoonals menu

analyzes mcdoonals menu

memorizes mcdoonals menu

eats everything on mcdoonals menu

takes mcdoonals menu seriosly

:idea: now i know everything about food!

:olo:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-15-2017 08:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What media sources do you use plained ?, or do you just not believe anything bad said about Trump ?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-15-2017 09:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He has all the best sources, sources you've never heard of. Tremendous sources. Hes only here to ridicule with faux superiority though, don't expect actual substance. There is a reason 95% of the remaining members have him blocked.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-15-2017 10:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Guys a complete idiot, good riddance to him.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-16-2017 12:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer again :D

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 05-16-2017 03:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There are people who just cannot hear anything bad about this Donald Trump Duck

plained
plained
PostPosted: 05-16-2017 04:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it is as if yall anti-frumps just cant read or reason or just dumb or if it just standed issue strawman bs.

like ive said many times, i dont give a crap about trump, he isnt my buddy, dont care.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-16-2017 04:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-16-2017 05:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cucked by anonymous sources, again :|

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-16-2017 06:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:
What media sources do you use plained ?, or do you just not believe anything bad said about Trump ?

the source of the story itself is anonymous. again.

so ye guis, surey this'll be the end of drumpf ('_')

Just like everything on Wikipedia, the Snowden leaks at 1st were completely anonymous too and judging by that tweet ^ this has just been confirmed. When Hillary's foundation was receiving funds from the Saudi's years before the election, a foundation she was no longer active with, Trump supporters used that loose claim to roar foreign interference with the election but when Trumps foundation also misappropriated funds, and later found out that he was to gain a stake in a Russian government oil industry during the election, Trump supporters didn't batter an eyelid.

The investigation into the source of Russias hacking was also later confirmed by Trump as likely.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-16-2017 07:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

See

Keep in mind this little secret revealing of classified information was previously denied by the Trump administration and rejected by all his supporters.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-16-2017 08:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
See

Keep in mind this little secret revealing of classified information was previously denied by the Trump administration and rejected by all his supporters.

Literally hours before his tweet

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-16-2017 08:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm beginning to wonder what Trump will have to do before "enough is enough."

Murder someone? Touch children?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-16-2017 01:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This whole NYT article is incredible, but the last three paragraphs.... OH EM GEE

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/w ... .html?_r=1

Quote:
There is a fear among some of Mr. Trump’s senior advisers about leaving him alone in meetings with foreign leaders out of concern he might speak out of turn. General McMaster, in particular, has tried to insert caveats or gentle corrections into conversations when he believes the president is straying off topic or onto boggy diplomatic ground.

This has, at times, chafed the president, according to two officials with knowledge of the situation. Mr. Trump, who still openly laments having to dismiss his first national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, has groused that General McMaster talks too much in meetings, and the president has referred to him as “a pain,” according to one of the officials.

In private, three administration officials conceded that they could not publicly articulate their most compelling — and honest — defense of the president: that Mr. Trump, a hasty and indifferent reader of printed briefing materials, simply did not possess the interest or knowledge of the granular details of intelligence gathering to leak specific sources and methods of intelligence gathering that would do harm to United States allies.

The President has dementia, or at least that's the most generous interpretation.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-16-2017 04:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Roger Stone is already laying the groundwork for an Alzheimer's defense.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-17-2017 07:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder what Trump will have to do before "enough is enough."

Murder someone? Touch children?

Sack the head of the FBI?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-17-2017 09:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/864631567972540417

This is beyond disgusting. Foreign goons are literally attacking protesters on american soil with not a single word from the white house. I'm not even American and seeing that shit makes my blood boil. I honestly wish the mob had overpowered the cops and the turkish bodyguards and beat them to a pulp. Not the cops, the guards.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-17-2017 10:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That was the most well dressed ass kicking I've seen in a while.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-17-2017 10:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A goon in a suit is still a goon.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.