Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Screenshots

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Screenshots

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-24-2017 01:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have my Dpx full :( :D :D Should do cleanup :D :D

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 03-22-2017 08:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last edited by Bacon on 03-28-2017 05:24 PM, edited 3 times in total.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-23-2017 01:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nintendo is calling. They want their IP back :p

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 03-25-2017 05:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Monolith soft too :)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-16-2017 02:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The last time I made a Q3A map was in 2002. I've started up again lately. Here's my alpha. I'd love some feedback:

Thread: https://www.quake3world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=53233&sid=01a774665f5444a08e3f2e4f9c331d51

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-20-2017 07:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Messing around at work... kinda fun open map so far. Been playing a bit of QL and thought i'd make a CA map on my down time at work.

Heres a link if ya feel like a look. I'll make a full post when there is a bit more to look at.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/chk4auvtizpa8mu/work2.pk3?dl=0

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-21-2017 08:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow! Such lovely clean lines! I'll be downloading for inspiration! Beautiful map!

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 04-24-2017 07:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah looks kewl fKd!
I re-worked some areas and started the player&bot clipping, i just want to get this damn thing done... its about time. :(

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-06-2017 06:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I finally managed the Camaro model texture working! Though there is some unspecific UV mapping error, which occured lastly after some time (it wasn't originally). Maybe my Windows? So I need to repair that one before the model actually can be distributed. This is what it looks like in game:

Where I got with noclip inside the model, you can clearly see the mirrors are weirdly stretched. I also managed to shoot the bottom of the car, though it's the part that doesn't get to normally rendered unless the player is able to get under the model. I consider removing the underneath part if you don't want to put it somewhere player could see the bottom...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-06-2017 07:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Take a look at some of the model shaders that come with the game. They use vertex lighting in the shader. You'll want to add that to the shader file because right now it's rendered full bright. Looks good though.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-07-2017 01:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not final version, I need to repair that mirror bug, but I totally forgot that models need to be lighted slightly different than brushes/patches, though. Thank you. Actually, I used to see models use rgbGen lightingDiffuse (rather than vertex, used for sprites) Actually, that full-bright might be caused also by shader using surface light. Maybe try to remove the surface light and force mappers to use regular entity lights with color selection matching the lights? Making it spotlights and adding flares? And what to do with the bottom face of the car (the mechanical part underneath). In most cases players won't see this surfaces, but when placed somewhere in mechanical engineering workplace (car repair service), the player could actually run underneath. Make two versions of it? One for garage placement, without bottom face, the other with the bottom face for the repair workplace?

I'll make another topic for the model development suggestions, there you could posts suggestions for further model improvements. First version will have the UV mapping bug repaired and shader improved to better placement in maps. Model scale will be altered to match player size (intended to be model of real car 1:1) and of course to better fit in Radiant grid...

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-10-2017 12:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

good job man, looks cool!

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-10-2017 02:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, it's just texturing job, I only added mirrors to make it look more realistic, but the actual modelling job is done by Karan Shah. Website pages (part 1 and 2 of tutorial) are below. Downloaded model is from Part 1. The model is in Blender format originally, distributed will be as ASE model (exported)...

Part 1:
http://cgi.tutsplus.com/tutorials/creat ... -cms-21730

Part 2:
http://cgi.tutsplus.com/tutorials/creat ... -cms-21749

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-15-2017 05:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@fKd: that looks cool. i ran around a bit and the bouncers work really well. one thing that jumped out at me was the RA and YA that are just in kind of L-shaped hallways that could be expanded to have more interesting battles around them. glad to see you are still making stuff for quake. you inspired me to get back to work on a half-finished layout i have been procrastinating on!

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 05-17-2017 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thats awesome news Pat, looking forward to having a look!

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 11:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-28-2017 04:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I ran quick testing compile of my map Schöna (czq3dm1). Caulk hull was temporarily textured to prevent massive HOM effect to appear, you can clearly see it's still lacking huge amount of detail. But you can view the general idea on how the map may look like:

There's a placeholder for the crane currently, this will be changed later by crane brushwork model...

Additional screenshots to view (if you like):

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 09-03-2017 02:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Been slowly working on a new (and hopefully the last) beta for tourney6.

Figured I'd post a screenshot here like the old days. Might be a bit dark, this was just a quick compile.

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 10-14-2017 05:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not really a screenshot but whatever. Motion capture applied to Quake III models. Pretty cool, but the resulting filesize of the MD3 is about 80 megabytes, totaling about 5000 frames of animation for the whole thing. I was suprised the game can even handle it.

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 10-23-2017 12:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I posted this before, a long time ago, but I decided to work more on it and now it looks and works like this.

It was suppose to be a space themed level, but I will apply the japanese theme I made to this level instead =)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-26-2017 10:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

stoked that you are still working on the japanese theme. i can definitely see it being applied to this layout.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 10-26-2017 09:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hipshot wrote:
I decided to work more on it

You sure you didn't just slip onto the wrong icon on your taskbar? :owned:

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 10-31-2017 01:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah haha, almost Cityy =D

@ Pat, well, I started Rustgrad in 2009 I think and released it 2014, so I suppose it can take a while.

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 10-31-2017 10:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hyped up, Hipshot's, work on the Quake's Discord channel in the past to, Sponge, and he laughed, and then two days after that I was then removed from the Quake Champion's Steam group and banned from it...

I wait to see someone make a better map than Rustgrad...for FREE! :paranoid:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-31-2017 10:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@hipshot: are you going for a grungier look? :( i think i liked the initial more colorful building concepts better.

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 06:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pat Howard wrote:
@hipshot: are you going for a grungier look? :( i think i liked the initial more colorful building concepts better.

Not really, this is just another style that will be mixed in on some places. And there will be inside areas in between. There will be a few different inside styles too. But I need to work on getting that red/white style up again on the large middle area of the level.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 02:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

v1l3 wrote:
I wait to see someone make a better map than Rustgrad...

it is very difficult for me to imagine.

Hipshot wrote:
I started Rustgrad in 2009 I think and released it 2014

:ducky: :dork: :eek:

P.S. "japanese theme" sounds very promising.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-07-2018 12:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hipshot, looks cool already.
I quit smoking recently, so I’ve been mapping again to distract myself.
This is kind of part three of a trilogy using the same concrete textures.
I’ve actually done quite a bit more than this editor shot shows. But it’s enough to get the feel I think.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvzptipylh9h6lc/blocks.jpg?dl=0

Hmm I just realised I can’t recall how link Dropbox images....

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 03-16-2018 09:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

WIP

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-19-2018 03:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@Dirge Inferno, nice theme. :) I'd add some Indian symbols, textures with images of elephants, etc. Or even their statues. ;)

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 03-19-2018 11:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ty.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-31-2018 04:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dirge Inferno wrote:

WIP

Haven't been there for a while, had little free time :) That looks very impressive. Well done :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-09-2018 07:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some new stuff from me. Part 3 of a trilogy.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-10-2018 01:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@ dONKEY, everything is fine, but would you like to add some colours? brown, maybe? for example: a section of the wall where the tiles fell off and there is a brownish background. or some kind of beige fog, the color of which fits well with the green?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-10-2018 04:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks. I think you’re right. I hadn’t thought about fog, good idea.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.