Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Game of Thrones Season 7

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Game of Thrones Season 7

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-24-2017 10:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good episode in one way, a little weak in another

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 07-24-2017 03:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah. Many scenes felt forced or shoehorned it.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-25-2017 07:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's great that there are already about half an hour's worth of clips of S07E02 on pootube so i don't even have to watch the whole thing now :up:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-25-2017 08:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, poor people, etc...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-25-2017 09:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

etc

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-25-2017 05:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is this worth watching? I stopped half way into season 2. I might just buy the entire thing and binge out this winter.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-25-2017 05:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wouldn't even bother...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-25-2017 05:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I also stopped half way through book 4 cuz I was tired of every fucking character getting their head cut off. :olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-30-2017 07:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Euron is great. "What a twat!" :olo:

Wish we would have had him through the whole show...

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 08-01-2017 07:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's more like it

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-01-2017 07:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I feel like this season is really bad in comparison to previous seasons thus far. Almost like it stopped being game of thrones and suddenly got injected with hollywood storytelling.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-01-2017 08:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How so?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-01-2017 08:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's just the way the story has been told so far. The characters seem out of character and not how I think they'd behave. The first episode might as well have been the very first scene, the rest of it is basically null and doesn't seem to go anywhere. The second episode was so unremarkable I really don't remember most of it except the last scene with the ship battle and it's pretty much the same with this last episode. I can't really put my finger on it but something seems off in the way the story is told.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-01-2017 08:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It'll warm up, I gave up saying how GoT is getting boring only for them to ramp up the entertainment as the season drags on, they need to build something to knock it down. Was hoping for a bit more of a kick though considering they shortened the season. It just seems to tack on a cut up fight scene towards the end of an ep instead of dialogue.

I think the characters are perfectly fine tho, Snow still knows nothing, Dragon lady continues her progression up her own arse, Cersai is carrying on going full mental, Jaime is as confused as Tom Cruise in a closet. The characters I've noticed so far are the Stark kids though - Arya seems a bit more sociopathic than usual (which I think was the point of the Lannister army scene in the 1st ep, to refind her humanity), Bran has gone full teenage emo angst and Sansa has grown some bawls. It's not really out of character considering their back stories but the progression from last season to this seems a little rapid, you think ?.

I think you'll be hard pressed to top last season n all, even as this show wraps up I don't think it'll get to the same height as that.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-01-2017 12:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
It's just the way the story has been told so far. The characters seem out of character and not how I think they'd behave. The first episode might as well have been the very first scene, the rest of it is basically null and doesn't seem to go anywhere. The second episode was so unremarkable I really don't remember most of it except the last scene with the ship battle and it's pretty much the same with this last episode. I can't really put my finger on it but something seems off in the way the story is told.

Meh, I disagree. The characters seem right on track. It's coming to an end and they have to show some character progression. It's building to a head...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-01-2017 12:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The plot is moving forward at a faster pace because there are only 10 episodes left to wrap everything up. In past seasons there were tons of filler episodes where it seemed nothing really happened in the entire 50 minutes.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-01-2017 01:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
I've concluded that approximately 99.9% of the shit that happens in the show could have been completely avoided if only people would not play the vagueness game and explain their shit properly in plain fucking commonchops.

This.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-01-2017 10:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's true for 90% of drama series.
Explanation makes for boring tv.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-01-2017 11:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good episode, though I will say it feels rushed

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-05-2017 12:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
knows now how tyrion got slags into castelly rock tho. through the hodor :|

Someone posted that on the Guardian chat section (The GOT thing is really good) about 30 minutes after it was posted. Quite brilliant.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-06-2017 12:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it was a great episode. You can see lots of stuff being built up. Can't have a whole season with nothing but battle scenes.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-06-2017 12:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I think tonight is going to be interesting. Daenerys is sick of losing. Pretty sure she'll send in the Dragons...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-06-2017 12:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a feeling at least two of the dragons will die before this show ends :tear:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-06-2017 12:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's really no doubt at least one will die. The scene with Cersei and her hand, down in the basement with the giant bow and arrow thingy...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-06-2017 06:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know which I enjoyed watching more, Arya vs Brienne or Drogon vs Loot Train. Both fights seemed pretty one-sided. :p

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-06-2017 06:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:eek:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 07:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Honestly, with all the intensity and build up of that scene, I'm really surprised and a little disappointed no one died (assuming Jamie and Bronn are both pulled from the water)...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 08:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or at least his gold back!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 08:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That was a pretty big turning point for his character. He had his chance to grab the gold and run, but stayed and fought...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 08:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so when is
jon snow
going to fuck
aunty danaerys
?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 11:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Agreed. Dickon has a tiny head...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 11:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also

Why did Dany destroy the supply lines? Why not just kill the men and take the supplies for her army? Seemed wasteful...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 11:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do we really need to use the spoiler tags? If you're reading this thread, shouldn't you expect spoilers?

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 12:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Okay, wild theory time:

Arya will kill the Night King.
Why do I think this?
Bran is one spooky Doctor Manhattan motherfucker now. He basically sees everything. He doesn't give a fuck about Cersei; he knows, like Jon Sner, that the real threat is the White Walkers. And as the Polygon recap put it, him giving Arya a Valyrian steel dagger feels more like a dungeon master offering a player an epic piece of loot. He knows what she can do, and he can see a spooky amount of things. He's manipulating circumstances to find the optimal outcome. And this may have got lost in the mists of time, but Valyrian Steel is the only thing besides dragon fire and dragon glass that can kill White Walkers.

Like I say, wild theory, but if there's any character Martin fawns over more than Dany, it's Arya. And they always make a big noise about Valyrian steel without showing us why.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 12:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that theory doesnt seem all that wild IMO. It's no coincidence that
Bran gave Arya the dagger

Loved the stuff with the dragon in the end. Have been waiting 7 seasons for something at this scale.

Oh yeah I say fuck spoiler tags. I just make sure I dont openthis thread until I've seen the last episode.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.