So, what games are you playing now?

Open discussion about any topic, as long as you abide by the rules of course!
xer0s

Re: So, what games are you playing now?

Post by xer0s »

Hell ya! :up:

Do yourself a favor and buy the Season Pass for all the DLC...
xer0s

Post by xer0s »

I played Diablo 3 when it was first released and actually bought a new laptop to play it on. Like everyone has stated, it's fun the first play through, but I lost interest quick after that. And I was really wanting a game that would eat some time. I was looking for a game like NeverWinter Nights, but it just wasn't the same...
Lieutenant Dan

Post by Lieutenant Dan »

xer0s wrote:Hell ya! :up:

Do yourself a favor and buy the Season Pass for all the DLC...
I'm hoping to pick everything up the next time they're on sale. Hopefully the core game isn't too bare without everything.
Doombrain

Post by Doombrain »

Will try it when I get a PC
MKJ

Post by MKJ »

xer0s wrote:I was looking for a game like NeverWinter Nights, but it just wasn't the same...
Try Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity or Divinity Original Sin.
xer0s

Post by xer0s »

MKJ wrote:
xer0s wrote:I was looking for a game like NeverWinter Nights, but it just wasn't the same...
I’ll check these out, thanks...
Ganemi

Post by Ganemi »

I'm mostly playing my shit mod. I play insurgency when I can, but the mod I'm working on is stupid addicting.

You should all play Ins btw. It's amazing. [youtube]hgqzPMo114Q[/youtube]

Found it after I started looking for games with freeaim a couple years ago. People bitch about the shotguns a lot, but it's seriously amazing if you sprint around with it and hipfire, as opposed to everyone else that has to stop and use sights.

More insurgency

[youtube]WwzJH3t4YLQ[/youtube]
[youtube]DghzCoPQ_f8[/youtube]
Lieutenant Dan

Post by Lieutenant Dan »

I played the hell out of the original mod. Haven't really put much time into the standalone.
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

I played some Quake Live today but it was quiet on the servers so I ended up playing bots :rolleyes:
I am still absorbed by Slither. I seem to get to 10K easily these days and my best recent score is about 75K.
[color=#FFBF00]Physicist [/color][color=#FF4000]of[/color] [color=#0000FF]Q3W[/color]
losCHUNK

Post by losCHUNK »

Star Trek Bridge Crew and Resi 7

This VR shit is really sommat else
[color=red] . : [/color][size=85] You knows you knows [/size]
losCHUNK

Post by losCHUNK »

A bit in Resi 7 made me crap my kecks no shit.

I got warned about the lady with the chainsaw and to find a decent spot to defend. So I ran into an adjacent room and did what I do in every other shooter and faced the only door waiting for chainsaw lady to come through, 'Come at me bro ?'.

Sat there a while I'm thinking 'this is taking a while, she's getting louder, what was that bang ?', flip my head around to inspect the room and the cow is right behind me with the chainsaw in my face and revving it up like a teenager on a moped, turns out she came through the wall behind me so I screamed, ducked and did everything but use the controller as she beat my ass like a pussy cunt.
[color=red] . : [/color][size=85] You knows you knows [/size]
xer0s

Post by xer0s »

MKJ wrote:
I downloaded Divinity last night for the XBox. I think I’ll try to get the wife involved with some local coop. We’ve never gamed together before and she’s not a gamer, so it should be interesting... :|
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

Yeah I've been looking for easy to pick up local coop games I can play with my non-gamer gf. We've done some New Super Mario Bros and Donkey Kong on Wii together but there appears to be a distinct lack of local co-op games that aren't about shooting stuff on the PC platform.
xer0s

Post by xer0s »

Divinity local coop looks cool. You can play together or just go off and do your own thing. It’s one screen when you’re close to each other, then it’ll automatically split when you walk away from each other...
xer0s

Post by xer0s »

[youtube]QdG8DNrW2tg[/youtube]
xer0s

Post by xer0s »

Anyone into this Cuphead hype?
Mat Linnett

Post by Mat Linnett »

losCHUNK wrote:Star Trek Bridge Crew and Resi 7

This VR shit is really sommat else
You got VR Chunk?
Oculus or Vive?

Bridge Crew is great, but the real standouts for me so far have been Superhot VR and Lone Echo. And for group play, while Bridge Crew is pretty funny (at times it's more Thunderbirds than Trek), Rec Room is ace.

Ooo, and Thumper's pretty damn cool in VR too.
MKJ

Post by MKJ »

xer0s wrote:Anyone into this Cuphead hype?
I feel it's riding too much on the artstyle than anything else.
xer0s

Post by xer0s »

I’m feeling the same. The art does look great, and I love the 30s vibe, but the gameplay looks like every other shooter of this genre...
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

I will be picking up Cuphead later on :up:
Doombrain

Post by Doombrain »

I'm playing Elite again but got to more or less start again on PC. Will let Quake Live too and i want something i can play when i'm away with work to pass time, something like a dungeon scroller type shit.
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

Memphis wrote: ditto. the whole aesthetic doesn't seem to have any considered point to any of it, bar want of bouncy olde-timey cartoon looky-likeyness, with big goofy grins on everything and a screen distortion filter.

why is his head being cup even a thing, when he just shoots lasers from his fingers? hardly Dynamite Heady, or Decap Attack character design is it :|
It's brilliant...fucking difficult though. Not one for the kids despite the cartoony looks. Requires many of the skills.
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

:rolleyes:

It's good fun, quite hard and looks brilliant; it's has a unique visual appeal, just as many other games before it has had. I don't know anything about the journo not being able to complete the tutorial...I actually don't know how you can fail it. But it's good that you have such a strong and warranted opinion of it based off...absolutely nothing.

Come back to me once you've bothered to play it (just like Overwatch). Until then your opinion on the game means nothing.
MKJ

Post by MKJ »

xer0s wrote:Divinity local coop looks cool. You can play together or just go off and do your own thing. It’s one screen when you’re close to each other, then it’ll automatically split when you walk away from each other...
Yeah. Be wary though that this is not a hold-your-hand kind of rpg and you *can* fuck up entire questlines by pissing off the wrong people.

So 'do your own thing' comes with a certain responsibility :toothy:
MKJ

Post by MKJ »

Mat Linnett wrote:I personally think Bioshock 2's the best in the series. And that's without having played the Minerva's Den DLC, which is apparently even better than the main game.
Just obliterated the last percent of the game.
Ehhhh not sure if I liked it as much. tbh I couldn't give a fuck about Eleanor, and being told that I must get back to her asap even though there was no direct reason for me to so - do as a player I mean - didn't help either.