Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Currently watching..... on the TV

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Currently watching.....

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-15-2017 07:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The entire season.
A huge waste of time :/

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 01-15-2017 07:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i watched one ep of the OA and didn't see what the hype was about.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 12:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Loved The OA til the last 5 minutes...

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
PostPosted: 01-21-2017 04:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Barenboim On Beethoven: Nine Symphonies That Changed The World
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDM0NTQ2Mzky.html

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-22-2017 06:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just finished watching the first season of "Shooter", now i have to check the Movie again. :up:
Very nice Series -gimme S2 now! :olo:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-07-2017 10:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just finished S1 of The Magicians... Better than I thought

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-07-2017 12:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watched Grand Tour ?, Westworld ?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-22-2017 08:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: Currently watching.....

I am halfway through the 6 episodes of The Night Manager (TV miniseries) and can't wait to watch those remaining.
One word, captivating :up:

The plot courtesy Wiki
Luxury hotel night manager and former British soldier Jonathan Pine (Tom Hiddleston) is recruited by Angela Burr (Olivia Colman), an intelligence operative. He is tasked to navigate Whitehall and Washington, D.C. where there is an alliance between the intelligence community and the secret arms trade. He must infiltrate the inner circle of arms dealer Richard Onslow Roper (Hugh Laurie), Roper's girlfriend Jed (Elizabeth Debicki), and associate Corkoran (Tom Hollander).

IMDB
Wiki

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-23-2017 09:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Watched Grand Tour ?, Westworld ?

I have yet to watch Westword, just scanned Ep 1. It is next on my list :)

I finished the6 episodes of The Night Manager (TV miniseries) and yes, one word fits, captivating :up:
Watch it if you have the chance.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-23-2017 10:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Good Karma Hospital

Hey I am enjoying :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Karma_Hospital

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-24-2017 10:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Billions

Great program that I highly recommend. About 9 episodes into the first series now.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 07-24-2017 05:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
i was bored beyond tears with OA.

This. :yawn:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-25-2017 11:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-09-2017 11:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Currently Watching...
Look, I don't know where on Earth "The Block" started but I do wonder if you have an incantation and yes, I have seen a New Zealand version....
The Block Wiki

You have it where you are?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 09:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Castlevania on Netflix. Only 4 eps of 25 mins each, but it's pretty good.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 09:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea it's not bad. It's over before it starts tho.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 11:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that's a shame. But I guess they were testing the waters. Either that or it's a result of the series being in development hell for quite some time. Anyway, they are working on a second season with 8 episodes.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-20-2017 07:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just finished watching the last epoisode of s01 of The Expanse. It's a relatively realistic scifi series on Netflix where humans split up in basically three factions: Earth (and the Moon), Mars (a independent military regime) and the Belters, a rather unorganized people who live in the asteroid belt of our solar system. Both Earth and Mars depend on the resources that are mined from the Asteroid belt. There's unrest between the three factions but a sort of status quo that keeps things in balance.

IMO it offers just the right combination of scifi, politics, action, drama and horror. Season 1 is 10 episodes of 40 mins each and season 2 was released in its entirety a week or so ago.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 09-20-2017 08:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

finishing Genius

and MARS season 2 is set to REC on the PVR, missed last night ep.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-22-2017 11:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Started watching The Walking Dead :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-22-2017 12:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Once you're done with S01, bite down hard and hang on through S02 because it disappoints hard.
After that things continually improve.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-22-2017 02:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea they lost me halfway during S2.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-22-2017 09:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Expanse looks really interesting. I have just got to start watching :cry:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-24-2017 10:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I skipped season 2 and restarted at 3—didn't really miss anything since the next few seasons drag on and revisit lots of old events through forced dialogue and flashbacks. I completely quit watching halfway through S07 though, lost interest long before that.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-25-2017 12:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I still have to watch S07. I thought S06 was pretty good but I just couldn't get through the first episode of S07. Combination of lack of time to watch and, honestly, being grossed out by the whole baseball bat to the face thing.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-01-2017 12:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
I am still enjoying the TV series Outlander with 2 episodes of season 1 to go.

Clicky

Just about finished season 2, still captivating.

I just completed a TV mini series called Mutiny about a group of volunteers who set out and recreate the voyage undertaken and led by Captain William Bligh in 1789 as a result of the mutiny on the H.M.S. Bounty led by Fletcher Christian.

A great watch but maybe of interest to people in the southern hemisphere. Dunno :smirk: I have visited Norfolk Island twice and if you're not aware of the link it is that the island was first inhabited/settled by crew members of the Bounty who were firstly moved from Pitcairn Island after that proved to small to support the growing community.

Anthony Middleton, you might know him from SAS Who Dares Wins. He was the Chief Instructor in that show and in the past an Ex-Special Forces sniper according to bio's I have read.

IMDB link

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-25-2017 09:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well I have just finished season 2 of Versailles a costume drama for TV.

Quote:
In 1667, 28-year-old all-powerful king of France, Louis XIV, decides to build the greatest palace in the world - Versailles. But drained budget, affairs and political intrigues complicate things

George Blagden does an incredible job playing Louis XIV King of France. You might remember him from Vikings when he played a young Anglo-Saxon Christian monk named Athelstan...

I was impressed so suggest, if you have the chance watch it :up:

IMDB

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 10-26-2017 01:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Netflix binge recently...

Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Still watching this, it's kinda fun but I'm not super invested. Kind of like Friends crossed with "Clerks". Danny Devito :up:

Toast of London
Loved this... irreverent comedy and a bit of nonsense. I like Matt Berry (IT Crowd, Garth Marenghi, Mighty Boosh), not necessarily everyone's cup of tea.
(Hi Stephen, this is Clem Fandango... Can you hear me?)

The Expanse
Is great. If you think you might like it, you probably will. Eraser's already said all you need to know, now go watch it!

Thick of It
Sweary, cringe-inducing, satirical political (UK) comedy. Think "the Office" with swearing turned up to 11.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-29-2017 04:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am still enjoying the TV series Outlander and am finding season 3 (3 episodes in) very good. So if you like time travel conundrums give it a go.

Clicky

plained
plained
PostPosted: 12-04-2017 04:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

futureman!

fuck yeas!

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-11-2017 12:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Crown series 2

Awesome, once again.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-11-2017 03:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
The Crown series 2

Awesome, once again.

What, series 2 of the The Crown is about? I'd better check as my Mrs will be after it. Ah, yes, I see... Wiki

Re: Currently watching..... Me, I just finished Outlander series 3. I mentioned it earlier herein. Great show and worth your time IMO and, believe it, I finally watched episode 1 of Westworld last night. I am looking forward to the rest :D

EDIT: forgot one of these ]

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 12-15-2017 01:05 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 12-14-2017 06:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I started watching Downton Abbey with the lady.. :shrug:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-14-2017 10:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
The Crown series 2

Awesome, once again.

Yup.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-14-2017 11:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:
The Crown series 2

Awesome, once again.

Yup.

I too am looking forward to The Crown and will be starting at series 1 and episode 1.
Re: Currently watching..... I just finished episode 6 of Westworld :eek: Very interesting indeed. Who would have picked Bernard........

Tell me, there is a second season in the making?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.