Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        GamerTags For everyone

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: GamerTags For everyone

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 01-13-2012 05:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jaheim15 wrote:
First off, XBL has been up for how long? My first profile LONG ago had no numbers at the end. But then I stopped playing for a bit and forgot the old email/password and started a new account. I'm not bothered to use a couple numbers though.
Biggity- My nickname for (going on) six years
068- My jersey number was 68 and I added the '0' so that from time to time I could be "B068", a la Spartan program (S117).

Cool story bro.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-23-2012 01:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I used my debit card online approximately 6 months ago on xbox live to buy some points. One day later I found out my debit card was compromised by seeing charges for call of duty bots/wallhacks, modded controllers, and gift cards for various retail stores. Luckily I make it a habit to check my bank account online almost daily and noticed the charges while they were still pending, so I didn't end up actually losing anything after I called the bank. But I hadn't used that particular card number online before and it was still in my wallet, meaning no one stole or had access to the physical card. I called Microsoft but they refused to accept responsibility for the security breach. I also read reports of other users experiencing the same problems shortly after providing their credit card numbers.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because this left a very, very bad taste in my mouth. There was obviously a security breach, at the very least Microsoft could have acknowledged it instead of pretending it never happened. My subscription to live is coming to an end and I honestly don't know if I should resubscribe. Around the same time, I remember lurking this forum and scared? was also having problems with account security - If I remember correctly he lost a large amount of Microsoft points that he had paid for. At the same time, I read many similar stories on other gaming sites of either people losing points or having unauthorized purchases on their credit/debit cards that they had used on xbox live. As far as I know, Microsoft never addressed it and they refused to even talk to me about it. The common denominator in all of the stories was purchasing something over live. Is this still an ongoing issue that Microsoft pretends doesn't exist?

edit:
viewtopic.php?p=884475
here's the thread, scared? had his account hacked approximately a month after I had my card # taken and Kracus and EtUL both mention it. So if this was so widespread why did Microsoft vehemently deny it? I like Xbox Live, but I shouldn't feel afraid to resubscribe and feel like I have to check my bank account once every 2 hours afterwards

Even if they kept any security breach on the down low, they could have at least advised members to change their passwords. Pretending like it never happened only shows they're looking out for their reputation and not for their customers.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-24-2012 11:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

update
[RANT]
So I didn't renew my gold account and am on silver. I'm still paying monthly for Netflix, my ATT internet, and I still get internet access with a silver account...but I can't watch Netflix on a silver account.

Why do I have to pay for a gold account to watch Netflix if I'm already paying the monthly Netflix fee and have internet access on my 360?

I have internet access, I am paying for netflix, but I can't watch it unless I give Microsoft money for the gold account???? What do they have to do with my Netflix service?!!?!!!!?!! I can watch it just fine on my laptop, why do I have to pay for the gold account in order to watch it on my tv through live? What does the gold account have anything to do with netflix?
[/RANT]

fuck xbox live. I'm done.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-25-2012 12:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thats like saying you dont have to pay for shipping because you already have a mailbox and already paid for your order.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-25-2012 12:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Could you clarify why Microsoft needs to make a profit when they're not involved? I'm paying for Netflix, I have internet access, and I have internet access with a silver account. Where exactly does the need for a gold account fit into all of this? Streaming movies and TV shows is not a service Microsoft is involved in. Why do I have to pay them for it?

I'm not paying Apple to watch Netflix on my macbook.

This isn't an apple v microsoft rant, I just happen to have that kind of laptop. My point is Live isn't an internet service provider and I'm not using any of their servers by streaming netflix movies. So I don't understand the charge. If I'm mistaken I'll happily put my foot in my mouth, but I believe Netflix has their own instant streaming servers....which I'm already paying for with their monthly fee. Where exactly does Live fit into it for $60 a year? To use a piece of hardware I've already bought for a service I'm already paying for?

I'm not anti-microsoft or anti-live, I understand the need for a gold account for online games and things that use servers Microsoft provides. I just didn't renew it because it wasn't worth it for me given how little I play games online. But this is a third party service that Microsoft has nothing to do with. I hate re-using the same analogy, but it's fitting - It'd be like Apple charging me to watch netflix on my macbook.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-25-2012 10:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
thats like saying you dont have to pay for shipping because you already have a mailbox and already paid for your order.

No it's not. In fact, that should go down in history as one of the worst analogies ever and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Homer is bang on by saying it's like paying Apple to watch Netflix on your laptop. Netflix obviously has a partnership with Microsoft, so there's absolutely no reason you should have to pay Microsoft to access a Netflix service you're paying for on a device you've already purchased from Microsoft. It's completely unnecessary and just another shining example of how greedy M$ really is.

BTW can we get a competent madmin to update the Xbox widget? MyGamerCard has only been dead for like two years.

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 06-04-2012 05:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Steam: therac25
PSN: Therac-25
Diablo 3/Battle.net: Zenfnord#1701
XBL: Zenfnord (but I don't actually have an XBox, made it because I needed to to install a GFWL game)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-21-2013 09:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MY Xbl is iRun 120GUE

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-18-2014 07:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
BTW can we get a competent madmin to update the Xbox widget? MyGamerCard has only been dead for like two years.

fixed. goes to xbox.com now.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 03-18-2014 08:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

2 years later. :olo:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-18-2014 08:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, almost to the day.
if only there was a willing admin back then.

denzii.visible = false
denzii.visible = false
PostPosted: 09-30-2015 07:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice to see you back DM. Remember me back in the day? It's been a long time. Cali Girl.. Terminator... 15 years dude.

Last edited by Denz on 09-30-2015 07:57 PM, edited 1 time in total.

denzii.visible = false
denzii.visible = false
PostPosted: 09-30-2015 07:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

denzii

denzii.visible = false
denzii.visible = false
PostPosted: 10-18-2015 06:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Denz wrote:
Nice to see you back DM. Remember me back in the day? It's been a long time. Cali Girl.. Terminator... 15 years dude.

Nice catching up DM

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-31-2015 09:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Twitter: @GuRehermann
EVERY FUCKING THING ELSE: Gustavo6046

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-11-2016 07:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Twitter: @AntiWolfSpray
Steam: andyweil

Frag-Muff
Frag-Muff
PostPosted: 09-13-2016 07:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

XBL/PSN chiQ
Steam/Twitter THEchiQ

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 09-14-2016 01:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Steam: v1|3

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-29-2017 11:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm on Steam now! Add me as i've spent no money on it yet...

Doombrain

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-04-2017 12:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

join the quake3world steam group

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-04-2017 10:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

done. cant add ppl yet as i've not bought anything.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.