Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        New Firefox browser....

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: New Firefox browser....

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 03:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just opened FF and there was amessage about updating so I went to Chrome for a bit... Came back to my (default) FF and low and behold :eek:
Quote:
The new Firefox. Fast for good.

Today we’re thrilled to introduce you to our brand new browser — Firefox Quantum.

What you’ll notice first is that the new Firefox is blazing fast. In fact, you’ll enjoy speeds up to twice as fast as a year ago. It’s also more powerful. We’ve rebuilt Firefox from the ground up to focus on how you use the Web today to watch, listen, create and play without limits. We’re excited to deliver a browser that feels completely different — modern, quick and efficient. We think you’ll agree: It’s a quantum leap forward in how you’ll experience the Internet.

When you use Firefox, you’re also contributing to a movement to ensure the Internet remains a global public resource, open and accessible to all. As an independent, not-for-profit organization, we’ve been committed since 2003 to building products that put you in control of your online life and advancing open technology and public policy that promote a healthier Internet. We put you at the center of everything we do.

On behalf of Mozilla’s global community, we’re proud to introduce you to the new Firefox. Fast for good.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 03:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have to say.. for about a week now I've been considering ditching FF it was so bad for me.
Just recently had it spiking memory usage (up to 1.9gb!) fairly regularly, for no good reason, so this update might be the fix I need.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 09:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm really liking the update. Well done Mozilla.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 09:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
I'm really liking the update. Well done Mozilla.

Yes, I've been in an out for a couple of hours and it really does appear faster as they say.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-17-2017 01:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Have been using Quantum for a while on the beta channel. It's absolutely buttery smooth.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 11-17-2017 01:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mine still likes to eat memory >:(

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-18-2017 07:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mine runs super smooth and noticeably faster. It takes advantage of parallel processing on multi core CPU’s.

I also have the developer edition installed since some of the built-in tools are pretty nifty if you do any web development stuff.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-28-2017 10:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

got it

meh

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-28-2017 06:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

doesn't seem faster than chrome...fail...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.