Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        VR Megathread (We steal content up in here)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: VR Megathread (We steal content up in here)

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-19-2017 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Going to do my best to give some basic OP info and start some sort of home base for VR posts. This OP is going to be partly stolen because tbh some of the stuff already posted would be much easier to just slam paste so sorry its not all orig content.

Welcome to the VR Party! We have 2 REAL choices and a dozen or so garbage options in the third party world. I'm going to focus on PC VR, I really dont give a shit personally about PSVR, and after small time Ive spent with it and 1 buddy who has it, I'm just not interested. IF you have some cool stuff about it, Let me know. I'll add it :)

The Contenders (Current)

Oculus Rift

The Oculus Rift costs $399 USD. It comes with the headset, two tracking cameras, a remote, and two touch controllers. For people who previously bought a standalone rift, Touch can be purchased for $99 USD. It comes with the two controllers and another camera. Another camera can be purchased for $59 USD, and you can have up to four cameras. In ear headphones can be purchased for $49 USD, and they have the proprietary connector the current Rift headphones use. The Rift no longer comes with an xbox controller or wireless dongle, though some stores still might have old stock that does come with it.

The Touch controllers each have a trigger, a grip button, two face buttons, a joystick and an Oculus Home button.

HTC Vive

The HTC Vive costs $599 USD. It comes with the headset, two motion controllers, two base stations, and a lot of cables. It also comes with a breakout box. The breakout box sends power to the headset and will also convert minidisplayport to HDMI. With its motion controllers, Accesories are available on the HTC Vive website. This includes replacement controllers ($129.99 USD each), base stations ($134.99 each), a deluxe audio strap ($99.99), facial interfaces and cables.

Each motion controller has a trigger, two grip buttons on the side (though both act as the same button), a menu button, a system button for opening the SteamVR overlay, and a trackpad that can be just a trackpad or four separate buttons.

The Vive also has a forward facing camera. It can be set up so you can press the system button twice and a tron-like image appears on screen which shows a camera feed of what is in front of you. You can also set it up so it shows up as a normal color image attached to your controller while in the steam overlay. This is helpful for finding where you need to put your controllers down to take off the headset or if someone is in the room and you need to see them.

In the end it doesn't really matter, they both play the same games(Mostly). Buy whichever you think is best (Rift/Vive).

Motion controllers

Motion controllers are by far the best way to interact with a game in VR (unless it is the type of game that lends itself to a different piece of niche hardware like a joystick or steering wheel). This is how you get true immersion because you can interact with the virtual world by picking things up and hitting buttons and switches in the world.

Both now have some sort of controls included. Generally its agreed that the Rift Touch controllers are better than the Vive wands for a handful of reasons. Hot swapable batteries, feel more like working hands in a game/world, and the joysticks dont get stuck like the trackpads do on the vive (less repair crap). Again lots of personal opinion here but I think most people who own both agree that the touch is the way to go.

Room Scale

This is the most immersive of the three choices. You define your tracking area based on how much room you have in your physical space. Now you can walk around this area in VR to interact with your game. This is great for games that don't require you to move around a lot. You're going to want at least a 2 meter square area for this.

Hardware

The Rift and Vive both take a different stance on audio. The Rift provides you with removable headphones. They are decent enough quality for use but they are on ear and not over ear. This means that sounds from outside the headset will creep in. They are also a proprietary connector and there is no onboard audio jack. If you want to roll your own audio on the Rift, you will need to either use wireless headphones or run a cable all the way back to your computer which means another cable.

The Vive comes with some questionable quality earbuds and a cable that comes out the back of the Vive that you can plug whatever headphones you want into. Keep in mind that this jack is on the headset, so if you have a long headphone cable, you have to find your own way to deal with that. Either get a shorter cable or use wireless headphones.

Software

When you launch a game in Oculus Home, it automatically sends the audio to the Rift headphones. If you want to use your own headphones that don't use the proprietary connector, you'll have to mess with some settings to get the audio to your headphones.

By default, SteamVR doesn't reroute any audio, it just comes out your normal speakers. If you use wireless headphones, no problem, you're good to go. The SteamVR settings allow you to have it change your audio settings when it starts up and shuts down. When SteamVR starts, you can have it set the default audio device to your headset. This does not mean "whatever headset," this means whichever headset you choose to be the audio device. If you have more than one headset and you have SteamVR change to the vive audio and then you try to use your Rift, it will still try to send audio to the Vive until you change the setting. This isn't ideal.

Microphones

Both the Rift and Vive have a microphone built in. I personally haven't used the Rift microphone but I have tried the Vive microphone. While it was decent enough quality, it's location meant it kept picking up my breathing as if I was blowing into microphone. This is something a lot of people suffer with so depending on how big your dome is, you may have this breathing problem too. I've personally since moved to a wireless headset since breathing on stream is really annoying to viewers, and its SUPER annoying in games you have to mute people, assuming you even can. Some games don't have the option :(

Games

This section could be giant but I'll try to leave some things for new posts.

Robo Recall (Rift Exclusive, Free for Oculus Touch owners)

Fantastic teleport movement shooter. Gunplay is awesome, and its super well polished. Its one of the first games I booted up and still remains a fav. Also runs super well on shitty hardware.

Onward

Mil Sim Counter Strike sort of game. Highly recommend it if you want something that feels "real" when it comes to shooting mechanics, gun feel, and bullet damage. Headshots are dead, Period. None of that 2 to the head bullshit.

Arizona Sunshine

Personally, I picked this up at full price and some might argue its not worth that much since theres a lot of newer games that are better. I agree, and disagree. I really enjoyed the play through of this, and its still fun to jump into horde modes online. Only problem is, MP is a bit on the dead side since its older. So if you're cool paying movie theater money for a game thats 4-6 hours? Cool. Its worth it.

Soundboxing

Soundboxing is a VR music video kickboxing game where you create the beats! Yes that line stolen from the steam store. Its the best description of it. Its a ton of fun and really a good workout. IF you enjoy beat games, and working up a sweat, pick it up.

Catlateral Damage

Gimmick game, Laughed my ass off, Great for demos with people. Just, don't buy it full price.

Bullets and More VR

1 Dev Patrick.
Dozen game modes.
Current leader in Battle Royale mode for VR (Stand out might eclipse it eventually)
Great feeling weapons and a decent community. Pick it up if you end up going VR, Its an instant purchase. PS the demo sucks (Its out of date and needs updated bad)

GORN

Smash a mother fuckers face! One of the games thats responsible for my blinds being broken, and my touch controllers having paint from the walls on them. Some will say its a dumb demo tech thing, others enjoy it a ton. Its cheap, its fun, you'll get your bucks out of it. Its kind of a work out game in the sense that you'll be swinging arms like crazy but its mostly a melee fighting game. Also has some new neat local multiplayer options.

All things said. VR is rad. Just expect to spend some money, and remember you spent 1000+ fuckin dollars, dont be a cheap ass with games. You'll never have any fun if you do.

Miss something? Lemme know! Might do some small game reviews. My library is starting to pile up so I need to get to the VR backlog before it turns into my normal steam backlog (70+ VR titles atm)

Glasses Wearer?

https://vr-lens-lab.com/

Last edited by SOAPboy on 11-21-2017 05:38 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-19-2017 03:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm waiting for wireless (not mobile) headsets with inside-out tracking.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-19-2017 03:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I'm waiting for wireless (not mobile) headsets with inside-out tracking.

Wireless is a thing right now
TPCast is "available" for vive, coming for rift.

Inside out tracking, Hopefully gen 2. I will say though, the tracking itself is fine so if you have the space whatever. Thats kinda where the vive wins right now. 2 light houses, easy to mount, and you dont have to run usb to the pc.

Also Microsofts headsets are available, Which do "inside out tracking". Most people I know with them say it works pretty well, and the only times its really going to be a shit show is grabbing behind you. Which theres a lot of games that do some of that. But those are gen 1 units with awful controllers. So we'll see long term. Its also why I didnt bother listing any of them. Theres like 9 or something and they all have different ups, downs, etc and they all are basically playing second fiddle to the 2 mains. Now the new samsung I guess has a better looking display inside. But the rest of the downsides aint worth it.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-19-2017 04:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow, awesome OP. Great info :up:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-19-2017 05:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:

I want the wireless feature to be built into the headset, not some 3rd party peripheral.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-19-2017 06:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:

I want the wireless feature to be built into the headset, not some 3rd party peripheral.

Don't disagree but hey, thats why I have my cables on the ceiling. Close enough for now and a whole 30 bucks.

xer0s wrote:

Thanks, Most of its stolen. I couldn't of said any of it any better so why try. I'll try and update games and things when I think about them.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-19-2017 07:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

Cheers :up: SOAPboy

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 12:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So Stand Out, the new PUBG VR clone, is really fucking fun. Its got problems but if they zero in some of the bullshit its gonna be fantastic.
Links Dead

If you wanna try it.

Official discord.

https://discordapp.com/invite/BNsmVJj

Last edited by SOAPboy on 12-17-2017 01:46 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 12:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How are the omni directional treadmills? Are they a realistic option for an average consumer?

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 12:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
How are the omni directional treadmills? Are they a realistic option for an average consumer?

No idea. Everything Ive seen so far is they are a giant fuck off gimmick just like the roller shoes and all the other silly locomotion options.

Theres a few types of loco that work more "real" but really its just tiring tbh. If you actually had to walk around full time you'd be done in 30 min everytime.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 01:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I’m not so sure. Walking around the wasteland in Fallout sounds like a great way to get some exercise.

Like I said, I haven’t played any VR, but it just seems like the teleport would be a terrible way to get around these worlds. Wouldn’t it be more immersive if I was actually walking?

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 02:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
I’m not so sure. Walking around the wasteland in Fallout sounds like a great way to get some exercise.

Like I said, I haven’t played any VR, but it just seems like the teleport would be a terrible way to get around these worlds. Wouldn’t it be more immersive if I was actually walking?

Teleport, Has its uses. Its good for new VR people. Gets people used to being in VR in general. Plus games like Sairento VR work really well with the sorta teleport sorta movement locomotion.

Walking manually, Sounds fun until you do it. Theres legit some short demos that are free on steam for walking motion, arm swing motion, all kinds of interactive ways to move around a world. The only problem with MOST of them is you wear out too quickly. You'd need to be a marathon runner to really keep up in some of the larger world games. Because then you either have to let the user push a button to make walk faster, or the user has to actually RUN to move across the map. Some of these maps are miles huge. They are to scale. Do you want to jog/walk a full mile manually? I sure dont.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 02:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy's obviously heavily into his more traditional FPS type games than I am when it comes to VR. Personally, I don't think they're well suited at all, and they're the only games where I've experienced VR nausea.
Minecraft is really bad for this, and I found that Onward had a similar effect.

The best games for VR are ones where you're either in a seat in the VR world as well as IRL, or games that utilise some degree of roomscale combined with angled turns, teleports or both.

Or Lone Echo, where you're weightless and thrust around using jets on your hands.
That comes with its own VR problem though: severe vertigo.
Stepping outside the station for the first time had me grabbing the nearest external wall and clinging on for dear life. My brain was sure there was nothing below me except for the infinite black of space, even while my body was convinced that I was under the very real effects of gravity.
Incredible experience, and gives you just a little insight in to the view of an astronaut during EVA.

The best FPS experience I've had, and for a long time the best VR experience I'd had, is Superhot VR. Its combination of "The world moves when you move" gameplay, a series of quickfire scenarios where you don't have to move a great deal, and superb Matrix-style gunplay makes for a heady cocktail.
When you first realise that hiding behind a wall and sticking your gun around the corner to fire blindly is a valid and super-effective tactic?
Awesome.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 02:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hasn't Chunk got a Rift though Memph?
Have you not been round his to give it a go?

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 02:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
SOAPboy's obviously heavily into his more traditional FPS type games than I am when it comes to VR. Personally, I don't think they're well suited at all, and they're the only games where I've experienced VR nausea.
Minecraft is really bad for this, and I found that Onward had a similar effect.

The best games for VR are ones where you're either in a seat in the VR world as well as IRL, or games that utilise some degree of roomscale combined with angled turns, teleports or both.

Or Lone Echo, where you're weightless and thrust around using jets on your hands.
That comes with its own VR problem though: severe vertigo.
Stepping outside the station for the first time had me grabbing the nearest external wall and clinging on for dear life. My brain was sure there was nothing below me except for the infinite black of space, even while my body was convinced that I was under the very real effects of gravity.
Incredible experience, and gives you just a little insight in to the view of an astronaut during EVA.

The best FPS experience I've had, and for a long time the best VR experience I'd had, is Superhot VR. Its combination of "The world moves when you move" gameplay, a series of quickfire scenarios where you don't have to move a great deal, and superb Matrix-style gunplay makes for a heady cocktail.
When you first realise that hiding behind a wall and sticking your gun around the corner to fire blindly is a valid and super-effective tactic?
Awesome.

Yeah I prefer it right now because "Most" alternatives in shooters are kinda shit. Games like Lone Echo work because its zero grav. Echo arena, same thing. Its awesome in games like that. Climby is cool too. But in shooters, whats the good solution? Skyfront is really cool as far as movement goes. So theres alternatives that work, but when it comes to walking around with guns and stuff, theres just not really a good solution other than teleport and trackpad. I mean even armswing is ok for some games with guns. Just depends what you're doing.

Also your nausea from onward might be due to settings and framerate. If you havent played it recently, Try again. They've fixed a shit ton of stuff rift side which in turn fixed a bunch of vive stuff. Maybe im wrong there, but if you still own it, give it a fresh go. Most people once they get there VR legs can play most of that kinda stuff. I know at first I had issues but it was id say 75% framerate and 25% me getting used to being "in VR". Now a days I can fly around fuckin crazy without having any issues.

I don't totally disagree though. Movements an issue and FPS games right now are kinda tough to really make work perfectly. Personally track/touch/joystick is the way forward this moment with the current control types we have. Sure a neat omni directional moving floor would be cool But how does prone and things work then? Like ive legit dove in onward plenty of times behind a wall. Couldnt do that on one of those things, then you'd have to use buttons to duck/prone which then breaks "that' feeling of whatever. idk its all so new.

I play a shit ton of VR though, So ill be honest, I'm pretty immune to the sickness anymore unless its framerate or really really shitty engine problems.

I need to order my protube damnit. Fuckin 100 bux though. I just really don't want a home made pvc one.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 02:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eh, didn't really like what I played of Onward in the free weekend, even accounting for the nausea. Game's that are primarily focussed on competetive multiplayer just don't appeal to me any more.
That and my co-op group from TTLG regularly plays ARMA 3 (non-VR), and Onward's massively crap compared to that.

BTW, Protube? Wossat then?

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 02:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Eh, didn't really like what I played of Onward in the free weekend, even accounting for the nausea. Game's that are primarily focussed on competetive multiplayer just don't appeal to me any more.
That and my co-op group from TTLG regularly plays ARMA 3 (non-VR), and Onward's massively crap compared to that.

BTW, Protube? Wossat then?

Overpriced Gun Stock
https://www.protubevr.com/

I play a lot of "gun shooty shoot" games that use actual 2h stability, and the cheek/shoulder parts would be nice for long range weapons.

Its a fun game. Onward is tits once you just kinda get into it and be social. Theres some douches out there because of the type of game it is, but people are pretty chill, and its fun when you're not being try hard in a casual lobby.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 04:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
Do you want to jog/walk a full mile manually? I sure dont.

This might seem strange, but yeah. That sounds fun. I walk/run quite a bit anyways, so if I could walk while gaming, that’d be awesome.

I might change my mind after I actually experience it. But I’d love to try it...

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 04:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:
Do you want to jog/walk a full mile manually? I sure dont.

This might seem strange, but yeah. That sounds fun. I walk/run quite a bit anyways, so if I could walk while gaming, that’d be awesome.

I might change my mind after I actually experience it. But I’d love to try it...

Keep in mind, I'm talking about games that you're actually doing a lot of movement, running, ducking, hiding.

I can totally see how a horror game, or something that quick saves that you can jump in and out of, Stories that make sense with it.

The demos for some of them are really neat. I just dunno if I could do 3-5 hours of that shit. Soundboxing is already enough body workout after a short while, I cant imagine playing something like BAM and actually running the whole time.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-22-2017 07:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So Skyrim is now available for the PSVR? Any idea if this will eventually be available for all VR systems?

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 11-22-2017 07:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Vive?
Yeah.

Rift?
Well, as Zenimax/Bethesda are currently trying to claim that they invented modern VR and are dragging Facebook through the courts in order to prove it, no.
Some enterprising bod will probably work out a way of getting these VR releases to work on the Rift, but there won't be any official support.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-22-2017 04:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Vive?
Yeah.

Rift?
Well, as Zenimax/Bethesda are currently trying to claim that they invented modern VR and are dragging Facebook through the courts in order to prove it, no.
Some enterprising bod will probably work out a way of getting these VR releases to work on the Rift, but there won't be any official support.

Like any Vive only title, itll work just fine on the rift. (just like like most rift titles work on the vive)

There are currently no major hardware lockouts and theres hacks for those if they show up. Anything that runs on steam, can run on rift hardware with no modifications in most cases. Sometimes controls might be weird but the buttons mostly match up across the 2 platforms.

Basically. I bought fallout no fucks given and im a rift guy because itll work release night. :)

Id guess 2018. 6 mo exclusive? Maybe 12mo?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-22-2017 05:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But we’re talking Skyrim...

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-22-2017 06:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
But we’re talking Skyrim...

Which is the same company.

Which will launch the same way as Fallout (Vive only, which still isnt out)

Which will most likely be fine, just like fallout will be.

And I'm guessing 6-12mo til we see it on PC. (just like the exclusive for RE:VR has been for PS4. We'll be getting it PC side soon if im not mistaken)

Was my post not clear?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-23-2017 08:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No...

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-23-2017 12:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
No...

Sorry? Hopefully you understand now :P

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-23-2017 02:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Clear as mud :D

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-26-2017 02:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some more games.

SUPERHOT VR

Its superhot. But made specifically for VR. Its all new, Not repeat bullshit. Fantastic.

Thumper

Music/Beat game. Controller based. Pretty fun and anyone can get into it. Its so VR friendly you can use a phone headset with hacked steamVR drivers and have a pretty good time. Also fun non VR :)

Eleven Table Tennis

Its exactly what the title says it is. Its realistic table tennis. Its crazy how close it feels to playing in real life. If you're into table tennis, this is the one to pick up.

House of the Dying Sun

Fly around in space, shooting some stuff on a short single player story line. It was fun as hell to me playing through the first time. Now depending on the kind of person you are, it may or may not be worth it at full price. Its short. Like, 2-4 hours short. There is some reply though. Easily recommend at 9.99 or less though. I have no regrets at 19.99 personally.

Katana X

Fruit Ninja with depth. Pretty much the best way to write that up.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-30-2017 02:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey just found out I have a free Samsung Gear vr head set coming. Guy tells me they are better then the hive.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-30-2017 01:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Hey just found out I have a free Samsung Gear vr head set coming. Guy tells me they are better then the hive.

:olo:

Better hardly.

Theres some really neat shit for the mobile stuff tho. Keep talking and nobody explodes is available for the GearVR and a few other random titles. You'll enjoy it if you've not had any real VR use. Hell, I'm gonna pickup one here shortly because phones are so cheap. Its what initially "sold me" on vr tbh.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-30-2017 01:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I spoke to a professor of VR and she said Gear VR is the best.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-30-2017 02:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
I spoke to a professor of VR and she said Gear VR is the best.

Bad troll is bad. :olo:

Sorry you need more PUBG friends :(

You'd not enjoy playing with me.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 11-30-2017 10:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
Like any Vive only title, itll work just fine on the rift. (just like like most rift titles work on the vive)

Never underestimate how spiteful Bethesda can be:
Doom VFR doesn't work with Rift

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 12-01-2017 12:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:

Never underestimate how spiteful Bethesda can be:
Doom VFR doesn't work with Rift

They patched it tonight already (steamVR bug?). So either they fixed it because people bitched, or it was a bug. Either way, "working". Who really fucking knows.

Still hilarious. Was really not expecting that to be honest. Even oculus these days are wanting to eventually support other mfg headsets at some point (They commented on it in some article not long ago). Oculus titles in steam now can run native in oculus home. Just funny how Bethesda might really be that much of a baby still.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/250820 ... 6791349578

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-01-2017 12:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Would it really be a possibility that Bethesda decides to cut out basically 50% of their potential customer base just because they've got a bit of an issue with John Carmack?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.