Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        PHOTOS PLEASE

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: PHOTOS PLEASE

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 11:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's beautiful in Shropshire, this shit is on my doorstep. Literally just up the road from me.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 06:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice ride, how's that Orange holding up? You've had that for a few years now right? Also I may be seeing shit but is that a displaced gasket on your front left stanchion there?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 11:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

can't believe you missed that DB

smh...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 11:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a sag marker, helps you setup the shock travel. Only had this one for a year, they are solid bikes, can't see me buying anything else. Search for the alpine stage 6 and Orange EPO. One of those is my next bike.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-20-2017 01:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Red River Gorge: Day 7

It rained pretty hard in the evening and morning (remnants of the hurricane that passed over Belle Vista), but started to clear up enough to give climbing a shot. The rocks would probably be wet so we looked for some overhanging routes that would typically be more tiring to climb but might have a better chance of staying dry. The area where we climbed at this day is called "The Chocolate Factory" with route names inspired by Roald Dahl's novel. While climbing, it started raining for brief periods of time but we were protected by the overhang. It's hot and the forest dense enough that as soon as it stopped raining evaporation created a dense fog creating sort of a mystical effect.

The next day with more questionable weather on the forecast, we left the Red River Gorge a day early to drive back to Toronto. Overall, we were still really lucky with the weather, avoiding the typical melting hot temperatures and a high number of dry days.

While taking shelter from the rain, we found someone else who had the same idea. Tortoise! It's about 8" in length.

Halfway up the route:

The super overhanging wall with mist rolling in:

Napping in the giant's shadow:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-20-2017 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Red River Gorge: Bonus! Life at Miguel's Pizza

Here's the article again about Miguel's Pizza.
https://www.climbing.com/places/how-mig ... -is-today/

View from my tent in the morning:

Dense forests produce a heavy mist every which lifts up above the gorge with every sunrise:

The front of Miguel's Pizza. You can order a pizza and eat it inside, but if you want to camp or make use of the facilities behind the shop, you'd better be a climber:

The front door of Miguel's. Hand carved and painted by Miguel Ventura. He used to be an artist before he bought an empty plot of land in Kentucky, moved his pregnant wife to a tent and built a log cabin. He grew the business starting with ice-cream, then pizza, then much more:

The back door to the lounge in the basement:

The menu:

Apparently, they do find non-climbers trying to stay at Miguel's and they get kicked out. You'd better know the difference between free climbing, free solo, and rope solo if you don't want to get the boot:

Climbing stickers cover just about surface:

Ale-8-1 is some kind of locally manufactured ginger-ale/7-Up soft-drink that they keep stocked in high supply, sold for a buck-fifty. They don't even lock their supplies up, they're just stacked in the communal sink area. Climbers don't usually steal from other climbers so I guess it has never been a problem:

Cooking over my Jetboil. My friends and I would cook up a storm to the envy of a lot of the other climbers at camp:

We found chanterelle mushrooms while on a hike. Toasted with a little salt and oil, they made a nice appetizer before dinner:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-20-2017 06:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ale 8 the soft drink of tomorrow.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-17-2017 12:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wish I had my 5D with me.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-24-2017 05:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not a great pic or anything i just thought the plane shadow looked neat

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-24-2017 12:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
not a great pic or anything i just thought the plane shadow looked neat

Yes, rather neat :up:

Flying high over Sydney on our trip to Tasmania recently, I was amazed to see a number of lower flying passenger aircraft below us and I mean way below :eek: I have never seen the likes of it. I couldn't take a photo because of the angle involved but it was a sight to behold trust me.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 11-28-2017 08:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

11 goddammed years....

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-28-2017 08:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
11 goddammed years....

You've been away months and I am trying to understand the 11 goddammed years comment. You took the blue pill didn't you tnf?

guru
guru
PostPosted: 11-28-2017 08:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
tnf wrote:
11 goddammed years....

You've been away months and I am trying to understand the 11 goddammed years comment. You took the blue pill didn't you tnf?

I've been away more than a few months. But this thread started in 2006. Hence, almost 11 goddammed years.

Been meaning to post more often...in this span of the life of this thread, I bought my first DSLR, taught myself to shoot, started a business, shot about 40 weddings, a shit ton of portraits,
stopped shooting weddings, stopped shooting portraits,...and now hardly have time to shoot at all other than a few business related things here or there.

Speaking of photos, I did just check out sys0p's business page again for the first time in a long while. Some really good portraiture and product shooting there.

http://johngodwin.co.uk/

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 11-29-2017 02:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heh that's weird, I looked up his site a few weeks back too. Some pretty nice photos.

I'm sure he's reading, so hi :up:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-29-2017 04:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unban him for fuck sake...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-29-2017 07:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sys0p isnt banned...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-29-2017 10:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He's visiting Lawl.
Conjugally.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-30-2017 02:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

John if you're reading this, your site sucks balls on my phone.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-30-2017 06:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
sys0p isnt banned...

Really? Could have swore he was banned...

Who all is currently banned?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-30-2017 06:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can tell you who's about to be banned...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-30-2017 07:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Internet tough guy!

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-30-2017 08:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

Nobody of importance.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-30-2017 09:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm banned... technically.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-30-2017 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
shaft wrote:
sys0p isnt banned...

Really? Could have swore he was banned...

piddla?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-30-2017 10:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BibleThumper?

Really, importance is subjective...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-30-2017 11:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

didn't he come back as Keep It Real?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-30-2017 12:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-30-2017 12:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He joined my discord group. first thing out of his fingers was 'unban keep it real'.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-30-2017 06:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe he’s considered no importance?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-01-2017 04:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

interesting that he still checks in after all these years

"yep, still banned, day 2,465"

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 12-03-2017 07:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got around to uploading a few pics from my trip to Croatia this past summer.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 12-03-2017 09:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice :up:

What camera are you using out of interest? Looks very vibrant.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 12-03-2017 10:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sony a6000 with some lightrooming

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 12-03-2017 11:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice. Looks like a pretty smart camera.

I see you can get a Canon -> Sony lens adapter, that's pretty cool to give you a wider choice.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-03-2017 12:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
Got around to uploading a few pics from my trip to Croatia this past summer. ....

Very nice and impressive photography there Tsakali :up: It is obvious you took time before some to compose the shot. I must learn to do that more often; I just have to grab my Canon SLR and use it as well as the 'phone camera. Don't get me wrong; I do find they are handy but rubbish when taking outdoor shots in bright sunshine. I find it difficult 'framing' shots viewing the phone screen as do most people I recon.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.