Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        I guess Alabamians are OK with a Dem over a pedo after all

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: I guess Alabamians are OK with a Dem over a pedo after all

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-12-2017 08:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... doug-jones

Quote:
Doug Jones has won the Alabama special election, according to multiple news outlets, the first Democrat in the state elected to the US Senate in more than 20 years. He delivers the Democrats a coveted Senate seat, shaving the GOP majority to 51.

Jones defeated controversial Republican candidate Roy Moore. Moore, a former chief justice on the Alabama Supreme Court, has courted controversy throughout his career, but retained a loyal base of conservative and evangelical followers that seemed likely to carry him safely to a Senate victory in deep-red Alabama.

But with a month left in the campaign, the Washington Post reported on the stories of four women who accused Moore of preying on them as teenagers, including one woman who said she was 14 at the time, when Moore was a prosecutor in his 30s. Additional allegations followed, upending the race.

Maybe I'm a cynic, but I really thought Moore was going to get elected. It would have been a nice feather in the cap to mark an utterly miserable year.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 12-12-2017 10:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Phew

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-12-2017 10:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea I was expecting Moore to win.
gg alabama

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-12-2017 10:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As it turns out, Moore refuses to concede. He wants to leave it in God's hands or someshit, and is hinting at a recount already. :rolleyes:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-13-2017 12:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trumps got poo on his face now!

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-13-2017 04:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
He wants to leave it in God's hands

that's not how democracy works, Mr ISIS

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-13-2017 08:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-13-2017 08:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is a precursor to the 2018 elections...

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 12-13-2017 09:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

96% of the eligible african american population in that state showed up to vote.... lol owned

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-13-2017 09:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The balls on this guy...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-13-2017 10:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
96% of the eligible african american population in that state showed up to vote.... lol owned

Wow, that’s unbelievable...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-13-2017 11:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It was high, but I question that number.

https://thinkprogress.org/back-vote-ala ... 18c1d8d7a/
Quote:
Turnout was very high in heavily black counties, between about 72 and 77 percent of the 2016 election turnout, while it was just 55 to 60 percent in rural white counties, according to the Cook Political Report. In one particular county, Russell County — which is 40 percent black — Jones beat the New York Times estimate by 14 points.

Exit polling around 6:00 p.m. EST showed that nearly 30 percent of voters at that time were African American, a turnout figure trending toward the record highs of the Obama years. Exit polling also found that African American women, who make up 18 percent of the electorate, went for Jones by a margin of 97 to three.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 12-13-2017 11:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think the number is 96% if blacks who voted went dem.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 12-13-2017 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that makes more sense.

It's very possible I'm retarded, heard it over NPR radio on my drive to work.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-14-2017 12:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:

also, a low Rep turnout. So they cowardly decided not to vote at all rather than vote Dem.

this is why Trump got the presidency.

lol usa etc.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.