Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Currently watching..... on the TV

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Currently watching.....

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-15-2017 01:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finished season 2 of Stranger Things last night. It's good. They could've completely left out ep 7 tho.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-15-2017 08:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Was ep 7 the “Sister” episode? Yeah, that seemed completely out of place and just weird...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-15-2017 03:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes it was. I'm hoping it's not a setup for introducing more characters with powers in S03. Like here's Six, who can shoot ice from her fingertips.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-15-2017 03:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I kinda agree, but where else can they go with it? How many more times can Will become possessed and Eleven save the day? Season 2 was a little rehashed to begin with. They’ll need to branch out quite a bit to avoid becoming repetitive...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-15-2017 04:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think the Duffer bros have gone onto to say a 4 season limit ? (tis what I heard on the grapevine)

and judging from the end I think they're obviously setting up 11 to

have some serious health impacts due to her powers

There was also a lot of people criticising ep 7, so Kali will more than likely be back but they'll have to take the criticisms on board and try something different. Was stupid.

I thought it was great though, you're right in that they need to branch out and I think going from the end of the season that's what will happen.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-15-2017 04:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:

Tell me, there is a second season in the making?

Season Two - Trailer of YouTube

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-15-2017 04:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

'kin right !

Little nervous though, S1 was good as a standalone. Wonder what will keep the story moving forward this time.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 12-15-2017 05:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Godless (on netflix)
I'm about halfway through and it does not disappoint. Lovely staging, camera, characters, decent pacing so far and it's fun to watch.

The hardest thing for me was in the first few episodes, trying to disconnect Jeff Daniels from his Dumb&Dumber character!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-15-2017 06:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here’s hoping for Eastworld in season 2 :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-15-2017 09:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Here’s hoping for Eastworld in season 2 :up:

Eastworld?

A reddit reference? I didn't read any further** but I saw mention of samurai hosts..

**I will be watching the last episode, nine I think tonight <-
I have avoided all spoilers...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-16-2017 12:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
I kinda agree, but where else can they go with it?..

Well, not in the Heroes direction for starters

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-16-2017 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
xer0s wrote:
I kinda agree, but where else can they go with it?..

Well, not in the Heroes direction for starters

I never did watch Heroes :smirk: Is it worth it?

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 12-16-2017 04:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd say no.. it started promisingly with a few neat concepts, but then progressed SO fucking slowly, got tangled up in itself, and then it all sort of petered (lol) out at the end.
Overall disappointing tbh

"X-men meets X-files", should have been way better than it was.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 02:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Season 1 was great. Season 2 was a train wreck due to the writers strike back then. Half of season 3 was used to salvage what could be salvaged and it never really got back on its feet from there on out. There was a fourth season but I stopped watching halfway through because it was incredibly boring.

So as much as I loved season 1, I'd say skip it.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 06:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good review :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 12:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks vesp & Eraser. I did watch some clips on YouTube and thought maybe not.

Re: Currently watching, well I finally finished WestWorld last night. Very interesting series for sure.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 12-18-2017 06:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hearing good things about Dark

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-21-2017 01:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Has anyone seen The 100? Is it worth it?
The season 1 trailer starts of as a typical hard sci-fi that would appeal to me but it goes from that to chick-flick in under 10 seconds. I have no idea where to put this.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-21-2017 01:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

its terrible. it's like store-brand Lost, hitting all the cliches as fast as possible.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-21-2017 02:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was afraid this would be the case. I knew this as soon as I saw the entire cast consisted of attractive Twilight-esque boys and girls in their 20's.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 12-21-2017 03:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I is currently watching The Sinner on Netflix, which has been pretty good so far.
Not sure if Bill Pullman is acting well or has had a stroke mind you.

I also went through The 100 recently, and it's enjoyable enough if you go in expecting Gotham levels of quality rather than stellar TV like Better Call Saul. It's B-TV stuff. It also gets significantly better after the first season.

If you want genuine trash, there's Wynona Earp. Christ, what a fucking mess. Wynona Derp more like.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-21-2017 02:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just started Godless...it has potential :up:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-23-2017 11:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Has anyone seen The 100? Is it worth it?
The season 1 trailer starts of as a typical hard sci-fi that would appeal to me but it goes from that to chick-flick in under 10 seconds. I have no idea where to put this.

Bend over and I'll show you :!:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-23-2017 02:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you could you would :offended:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-26-2017 09:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-27-2017 04:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Toast of London - lol/10

Love Matt Berry

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 12-27-2017 04:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Christmas evening I watched the Christmas Special, Dr. Who, I'm a big fan, remember watching this guy when I was a kid, I think the show is much better now, got to see the new doctor, not going to tell who it is though, spoiler you know, (grin), this side of the pond its on BBCA,(BBC America), if you like the Dr. Who series give it a go

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-28-2017 04:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I too watched that Dr. Who Christmas Special just last night. I too am a big fan and remember watching as a kid. Great sci-fi :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-14-2018 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mars (2016) (TV Series)

Just caught up with this and viewed the first two episodes. Aired December 2016 :eek:

Only 6 episodes and a 7th a "behind-the-scenes episode shows the complete story of how we got to MARS, featuring interviews with producers, writers, designers, and experts." Interesting as it is in the past tense.

Anybody else viewed this mini-series?

IMDB

Note: I found it interesting as I have been watching some of the Adam Savage (Myth Busters) YouTube videos, the One Day Builds and the ones where explores various movie props and locations. This one in particular.

Another is the one where he builds a prop replica of the Blade Runner 2049 Binoculars.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-14-2018 02:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Saw the First post-midseasonbreak episode of ST: Discovery. I find if I'm containing my inner Star Trek nerd a bit more the show becomes more palatable, but it's still nowhere near as good as it should be. I still couldn't give a crap about any of the characters, the story lines are weak and clichéd and most supposed emotional sections feel forced.

And this is especially contrasted by me starting S02 of The Expanse, which is just terrific.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-14-2018 02:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have The Expanse somewhere about. Just trying to find the time to start watching :smirk:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-18-2018 10:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone here ever watch Blakes7 a British science fiction television series, BBC produced between 1978 and 1981?

Me, well I just decided to watch again as it seems I grew up with this one :smirk: I was trying to remember how the crew discovered the Liberator....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake%27s_7

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-19-2018 06:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Man, I used to watch Blakes 7 when I was proper young on UK Gold.

Time for a reboot :D

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-19-2018 01:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Certainly dated but a great watch :up:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-19-2018 05:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
I have The Expanse somewhere about. Just trying to find the time to start watching :smirk:

Aye check it out dude, I put a thread up about it when it came out. Some good sci fi shit :up:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.