Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        gtk radiant 1.6 install doubts

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: gtk radiant 1.6 install doubts

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 04-23-2018 11:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi guys
My usual mapping installation was Radiant 1.5 and Wolfcam 11.7 in the same folder on my desktop. To test a map I simply open Wolfcam and map was ready to play, coz the .bsp was automatically inside Wolfcam/baseq3
Now I´ve installed Radiant 1.6 and it comes with a baseq3 folder outside radiant. So I need to copy my map .bsp from that folder to the Wolfcam/baseq3 folder to see and test the map.
Is this normal in this new install ?...or is there other way to make things simple as before?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-23-2018 07:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Uh no, so when you start up GtkRadiant you configure the game you want (Quake3, QuakeLive, etc.) and point it to wherever you have the game installed. GtkRadiant will automatically copy any required gamepack files to the game installation folder. GtkRadiant saves your map and bsp files where you have the game files installed in the correct directories. You probably did not configure the program properly on startup.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 04-24-2018 03:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Solved
Radiant 1.6 only gives the option "quake 3 and mods".
As I make maps for Quake Live, so I dont need a Q3 install. Think that it was the reason why radiant did not "see" wolfcam
I installed Radiant 1.6.6 and it gives me the choice for QLive. Now all ok as before. :clownboat:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.