Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-18-2018 05:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

those are probably roadside.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-18-2018 12:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lovely photos Eraser :up: Great tourist draw card for the country. I'd love to be there and will if/when we travel to Europe/UK.

Nice one Foo :up:
Κracus and the Jeep seat disaster and small claims action :up: No wonder the previous owner probably sold the original seats...

YourGrandpa re my phone has navigation (Google maps) and they work fine (on the phone handset) but there is no connection to the car that I can do to put the phone maps in the unit... Music, pictures and video do work.

Re: What is new in your little world?
I am boxing up that custom Lego tank (Abrams) I bought from the US 3 years ago and getting an upgraded/larger model in return plus some $$. The new one should arrive in weeks.. Thankful I could do a trade-in :D

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-19-2018 04:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Will you continue to pay for the GPS updates when they are no longer free or will you use the free GPS on your phone?

Most people who's cars are not compatible with Android Auto or I/OS Car Play, buy a car mount for there phone, bluetooth/Aux Connect it to their car's audio system and get directions via the phone's screen and through the car's speaker system. This pretty much renders any built in GPS system useless, as Google Maps stays up to date year round.

I don't know. In the age of smart phones, the idea of anyone having a stand-alone GPS seems pointless. Especially if they don't auto update.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-19-2018 05:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think Whiskey's GPS system is integrated into the car? If it works, why not :shrug:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-19-2018 05:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I get that. But Whiskey seems to be a bit thrifty. Which is why asked if he will continue to pay for GPS updates if they a free on other platforms.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 04-19-2018 11:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone not using Waze by Google is a moron.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-19-2018 11:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I get that. But Whiskey seems to be a bit thrifty. Which is why asked if he will continue to pay for GPS updates if they a free on other platforms.

Thrifty :offended: :offended:

I have used the 'smart phone' GPS on a number of occasions. I have also 'connected' the phone to the car as the car supports ANDROID connections (wired & wireless) but AFAIK for music/video only. I haven't bothered using the car speakers to sound out the phone (GPS) instructions - never tried that... The car AV system doesn't screen mirror. Does any car yet?

It is just that I was sold a product with extras and they are short changing me so I am upset and demanding they do the right thing!

I bought the KIA as it had among other things and besides looks, a 7 year factory warranty, a full sized spare tyre on an alloy wheel (used that in the first weeks) and of all things free GPS map updates.

I get rather upset at broken promises! Thrifty, I think not old mate :disgust:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-20-2018 01:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Will be leaving for some Thailand in a few days.
Also gave myself a Switch for my bday, though it's really for the kids. Mario Odyssey is pg.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-20-2018 04:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That zelda game looks like a hoot.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-20-2018 02:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sitting down to breakfast this morning and flicking through the newspaper and yes some still do :D
In the Motoring lift-out there was a surprise.

Big image so you can read and btw, I am not the Author Robert Marshall or do I write the column.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-20-2018 03:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
I get rather upset at broken promises! Thrifty, I think not old mate :disgust:

You collect popsicle sticks for prizes, complain about take-out vs eat-in prices, revel in the purchase of Legos, chase a $13.50 news paper refund for 20+ weeks and that's just in the first few pages of this thread. If that's not thrifty, what is? :rolleyes:

Anyway. I suggest you turn on your cell phone's GPS, connect it to your car via bluethooth and enjoy the directions through your car's audio system. Because by the content of that article it seems like your Kia GPS's days are numbered. Also, download that Wazes app DB mentioned. Its the bees knees.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-20-2018 07:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I understand and accept that you don’t know me YourGrandpa, no problem!

Know that I am no bigot. Most who know me would say I was a tad obsessive and that I like to see justice done. I deal with all people fairly regardless until they prove they are not deserved.

I spend money like it’s going out of fashion to the annoyance of my closest so no, I still don’t think I’m thrifty. Simply, I am of the belief you should get the goods and services you pay for and I don’t mind paying at all.

Thanks for the Wazes app advice as I would have to agree my Kia GPS's days are numbered!

''Thrifty" meaning from an English dictionary

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-22-2018 07:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Went out to dinner last night and ordered their $12.00 glass of Barrel Aged Ten Fiddy ( 12.9%ABV) and this is what I got.

:olo:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-22-2018 07:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd have been livid

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-22-2018 08:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Needless to say, I was a little surprised when the bartender sat the glass down in front of me. Knowing that most craft beer places offer the bigger ABV beers in different sizes, I asked her if this was the $12.00 glass. She then pointed out where it said "mini snifter" next to the beer and the associated symbol legend that provided a description of each type of glass. She needlessly apologized and I thanked her chalking it up to a lesson learned. :smirk:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-22-2018 04:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty sure that glass would look normal sized for Trump.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-23-2018 03:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hope it tasted good.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-23-2018 05:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Pretty sure that glass would look normal sized for Trump.

It's the biggest glass of beer in the whorld! It's true!

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-23-2018 05:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Went out to dinner last night and ordered their $12.00 glass of Barrel Aged Ten Fiddy ( 12.9%ABV) and this is what I got.

:olo:

Lol poor ppl...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-23-2018 07:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So poor.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-23-2018 12:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

>:( My internet failed here yesterday and it was a real pain dealing with ISP staff. Thankfully I woke this morning to a new day, an internet connection (ADSL2+ here still) and a brilliant sunrise :)

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-27-2018 01:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some pics from today's ride.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-27-2018 01:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lovely shots especially the last avenue of tress.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-27-2018 04:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I quite like that one myself.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-27-2018 04:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are they a fig tree of sorts?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-28-2018 05:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes. Banyan trees to be exact.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-29-2018 06:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yesterday was one of those perfect riding days. 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.

https://youtu.be/FsxLr61_Jyg

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 04-29-2018 11:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like a beautiful area to cruise around :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-29-2018 12:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Yes. Banyan trees to be exact.

Interesting as I know them as 'Moreton Bay figs' so I Googled...." Are Moreton Bay fig tress also known as Banyan trees? "

Quote:
Ficus macrophylla - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ficus_macrophylla

Ficus macrophylla, commonly known as the Moreton Bay fig or Australian banyan, is a large evergreen banyan tree of the family Moraceae native to eastern Australia, from the Wide Bay–Burnett region in the north to the Illawarra in New South Wales, as well as Lord Howe Island. Its common name is derived from Moreton Bay in Queensland, Australia. It is best known for its imposing buttress roots. As Ficus macrophylla is a strangler fig, seed germination usually takes place in the canopy of a host tree and the seedling lives as an epiphyte until its roots establish contact with the ground. It then enlarges and strangles its host, eventually becoming a freestanding tree by itself. Individuals may reach 60 m (200 ft) in height. The large leathery, dark green leaves are 15–30 cm (6–12 in) long.

Interesting :up:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-29-2018 01:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Today I did a 130+ mile ride out by Lake Okeechobee. It was a little warmer today, but still awesome weather.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-03-2018 09:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I too rode to the sea today!

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-03-2018 09:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The sea is at my doorsteps... Flooding everywhere around these parts. The area I live in has a little bridge that's the only way in or out of that area and it's flooded over the bridge now. I was driving out of the area yesterday and all cars were parked up on the hillside down to the bridge stranded on the newly formed island. Thankfully I had enough clearance to make it across in the Jeep but I'm not sure for how much longer, water is still rising.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-03-2018 09:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bought that H2R yet? :smirk:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-03-2018 09:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol no... :( I'm actually looking to sell My CBR500R at this stage and once that's done I'll be looking at a replacement bike. I'm not 100% sure what that'll be though at this point but I know it won't be an H2R due to the cost of the thing. I've always wanted a YZFR1 but I'll have to shop around and see what's out there.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-03-2018 10:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R6 is much cheaper and from what I heard, more fun to ride in most circumstances

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.