Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Best VPN 2018

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Best VPN 2018

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 05-10-2018 10:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can I have good recommendations here. VPN for windows, purpose mostly streaming, privacy and accessing geo-locked content. (Reading blogs/ articles mostly)

It'd be a plus if it would help me in reducing in-game pings as well. One option I have is Best VPN but it does not talk about anything related to gaming. Although adequate stuff on privacy and streaming.

TIA, do put suggestions forward.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-11-2018 07:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Have you tried using a VPN?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-11-2018 12:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Have you tried not making a shit post in every thread?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-11-2018 01:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MrHarleyBen, I am relatively new to the VPN technology, probably less than 12 months and use a company recommended to me called Private Internet Access (PIA). They do what I want :paranoid:

To anyone, what is this thing reducing in-game pings as well?

I never use the VPN while gaming (Steam). Yesterday I was playing Quake Champions, well not really playing with 300+ ping, more like running around as cannon fodder. I commented I was in Australia and some other players (UK/Ukraine/USA) commented, what no Aussie servers? I don't see any AU servers :smirk:

Question: Should I use a VPN to reduce ping?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-11-2018 04:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Have you tried not making a shit post in every thread?

You should try not being so upset. I might also recommend the OP try posting in T&T.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-12-2018 12:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Q3W has one new thread every 3 weeks and Gramps is still upset it wasn't posted in the correct forum...

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 05-12-2018 03:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ is meant to be pretty good from what I've heard. Awful homepage though :o

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-12-2018 04:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Q3W has one new thread every 3 weeks and Gramps is still upset it wasn't posted in the correct forum...

I'm not upset at all. Just try to help. Maybe you and Obsidiot could get together and have a good cry about this.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.