Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        VR Megathread (We steal content up in here)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: VR Megathread (We steal content up in here)

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 01-25-2018 04:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:
I have Elite and tried it in VR a long time ago but it's too much to figure out. I have to relearn how to fly every time I play the dang game.

It don't support touch controls, so fuck it.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-25-2018 05:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You don't need touch controls for Elite, just a HOTAS.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 01-25-2018 05:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
You don't need touch controls for Elite, just a HOTAS.

Yeah, no thanks. I'll wait until a space game comes out that lets me use my actual motion controllers instead.

Same reason I havent picked up any racing games either. I dont hate the idea of having all the extra shit but its just more things to fuck with. Plus motion controls can totally do all that crap its just devs gotta allow/make it happen. :)

More power to the people who do tho. Rad on ya. Not my thing tho.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-08-2018 03:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://store.steampowered.com/app/590690/Sprint_Vector/

Came out. You're basically running parkour race map things. Theres time trials, and record chasing maps, then theres the Multiplayer races which adds the Mario Kart effect (Powerups, similar to shells and crap from MK).

Its a good ass time.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-09-2018 01:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 03-26-2018 01:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In Death. Roguelite Bow Shooter Thing.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/605450/In_Death/

Lots of damn fun. Enjoying it a lot. Games difficulty scales with you, So the better you do, and more "things" you unlock, the harder shit gets.

Would recommend if you're into the idea of a roguelite bow game with some neat loco motion gimmick mechanics that work real well.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 03-26-2018 03:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tried the Battlezone free weekend, ended up really liking it so picked it up. It was on sale on the Oculus store for £14.99.
Captures the feel of the original cabinet while giving things a fresh lick of paint and adding some neat rogue-lite unlockables.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-05-2018 10:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok, Super into this now.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/641960/BOXVR/

Between this, Skyrim VR, and Stand Out. I'm set for games for a while.

Basically its an awesome boxing game that uses music etc. Its just super well done, and its ridiculously fun. Its also a crazy fucking workout. Holy shit.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 05-01-2018 04:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Beat Saber is amazing. That is all.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/620980/Beat_Saber/

Ok thats not all.

Its got amazing mixed reality support. The songs are incredibly well done, and theres more "stuff" coming. Its a bit on the short side of 10 tracks but to be honest, I just spent 3 hours at it and wanna go back for more. Highly recommend.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-02-2018 04:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

jesus, that first video on the steam page makes my head spin. How does the mind keep up with that pace? :ducky:

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-02-2018 05:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm guessing it's repetition, repetition, repetition.
I don't know if you've ever played Super Hexagon, but high-level play of that is similarly mind-blowing.

But it comes down to playing the game enough to recognise certain patterns and how to react when you see those patterns. So where it looks like the player is reacting at incredible speed, in reality they've trained their muscle memory to repeat certain patterns in response to visual cues.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-02-2018 07:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Super Hexagon... Yeah I think I managed a high score of 8 seconds

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 05-02-2018 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
I'm guessing it's repetition, repetition, repetition.
I don't know if you've ever played Super Hexagon, but high-level play of that is similarly mind-blowing.

But it comes down to playing the game enough to recognise certain patterns and how to react when you see those patterns. So where it looks like the player is reacting at incredible speed, in reality they've trained their muscle memory to repeat certain patterns in response to visual cues.

Yeah the maps are not auto gen, they are made with specific movements in mind. :)

Eraser wrote:
jesus, that first video on the steam page makes my head spin. How does the mind keep up with that pace? :ducky:

Shockingly enough, If you play VR music games at all, on a level thats beyond brand new. It picks up super easy. I ended up starting on Hard because easy and normal are too much standing around. I'd guess you would pick up and be on hard in 1-2 songs to be honest. Most of you quake guys would unless you have a crappy sense of rhythm.

Check out Ruus mixed reality for a bit better idea of whats going on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHD1utOvak8

Much easier to watch. (Hes playing on expert, Pre release. So harder than hard but not as hard as current expert)

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 05-18-2018 11:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FctVcY0eMEc

Donde Quake 2
Published on May 18, 2018

CAVE QUAKE II is an adaptation of the popular PC game Quake 2 for the CAVE, the world’s first immersive virtual reality platform! The demo by Paul Rajlich is fully playable in single player and multiplayer deathmatch, and shows how compelling a game becomes with life-sized stereo graphics! It also demonstrates the advantages of head-tracked perspective. If you want to look down, look down! If you want to crouch, crouch! You can peek around corners simply by moving your head! The input device (called a wand) is also tracked. From your perspective, the gun appears where the wand is and has the correct orientation. All you do is point where you want to shoot and press a button!

Joseph Campbell has been ascribed to have said, "The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek." For more information about the Quake II Cave, please visit the Donde Quake 2? gaming history blog: https://dondeq2.com/2018/01/26/cave-qua ... fear-cave/

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.