Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 02:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I like the black as well. Those handlebars tho... I guess not so much a problem in Florida but up here my arm pits would be freezing.

Was it pricy to get painted? I've been thinking of getting a paint job on mine too. I really dig this look.

Nice KTM you got there mate :p

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 03:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck... damnit I hadn't even thought of that. In fact, while I was bike shopping I never even thought of looking at KTM's. I sorta regret not checking them out although I'm not sure where the dealers are around here.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 03:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty god damn sexy

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 04:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like em... There's a guy with one in town, the front headlight is so unique.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 10:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: What is new in your little world?

Something different. Early days of Winter here. Sun gets up late and sets early. You lose a couple of hours of daylight and speaking of 'lose', well I decided to get on the weight loss thing again. I've now lost 5.5kg in 5 weeks and feeling great :D

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 11:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

5.5kg in 5 weeks is a lot. Too much even. Big chance you’ll rebound just like that

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-21-2018 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
5.5kg in 5 weeks is a lot. Too much even. Big chance you’ll rebound just like that

Yes, I've done the 'yo-yo' dieting thing 3 times now so I'd like to say, I will (need to) stick with this one in my later years. There are very few overweight older people about and I don't throw myself in that bucket!

Instead of attaining to my goal weight of 82kg and forgetting about eating well/drinking less alcohol, I will set an alarm weight of 85kg. If I hit 85 then I stop, think then work tirelessly on getting back to goal.

In the past I've got to my goal (82) and thought "She'll be right mate. I can do this weight loss thing anytime". It just doesn't work like that. I now understand that if I gain 3kg I get back rather than gain 13kg and 'try' to get back. That's a lot harder... Obviously I will strive to maintain my weight so as not to gain even 3kg.

Figure it as a lifestyle change or a mindset change if you like.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-22-2018 05:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So how are you losing that weight if you don't mind my asking? I too am in dire need of shedding some pounds and am mostly looking at diet to solve my problems as I get a lot of exercise on my dirtbikes.

Speaking of dirtbikes, I also got the 1977 Honda XL100 idle problem fixed! It only took me about 6 months... That said, I probably pulled off my longest wheelie ever with it yesterday lol. It runs great of its year and now I'm getting to work on fixing up the little things wrong with it and removing everything that doesn't need to be on it. The idea is to get it as light as possible so it's trail worthy. I have a very difficult hill climb behind my house and I make it to the top 8 out of 10 times with the kawasaki but after trying it a few times with the Honda I realized I wasn't going to make it up, hopefully some new knobbys help out as the back tire is sorely worn out.

Once I get everything stripped from the bike that I can get done I'll be ordering a new seat, cafe style I hope, and a few other bits and pieces. Right now, I just want to get it running well to have some fun during the summer with friends and hopefully this spring I'll be able to do a complete tear down/repaint. I may have to rent out a sand blaster to re-do the engine.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 06-22-2018 02:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Left Seattle. Headed back to the SF Bay Area and co-founded a startup in the cannabis industry.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-22-2018 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
So how are you losing that weight if you don't mind my asking?

.......the 1977 Honda XL100 idle problem fixed!

...knobbys help out ....

As mentioned, I am a repeat offender. In that I mean I put weight on over a year or two, sometimes 5 and maybe some 10 to 15kg and then I attend Weight Watchers for the time it takes to lose that gained weight. Normally, and I've done it this way 2 or 3 times in the last 20 or so years, it takes about 3 months, something like a kilogram a week. It works for me every time but the trick is and I hope I have learned it, that the weight simply has to stay off. Like I said, if I gain 3 kg I will stop and take immediate measures to get back to the goal weight.

Nice to hear the XL100 lives and your mention of the knobby tires reminds me of my dirt bike days on a Honda Elsinore 250cc :) :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-22-2018 03:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
Left Seattle. Headed back to the SF Bay Area and co-founded a startup in the cannabis industry.

Now that business sounds interesting.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-23-2018 03:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heheh that's funny. I called them knobbys cause I watch an Australian YouTuber who constantly refers to tires as knobbys. :)

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-23-2018 06:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
As mentioned, I am a repeat offender. In that I mean I put weight on over a year or two, sometimes 5 and maybe some 10 to 15kg and then I attend Weight Watchers for the time it takes to lose that gained weight. Normally, and I've done it this way 2 or 3 times in the last 20 or so years, it takes about 3 months, something like a kilogram a week. It works for me every time but the trick is and I hope I have learned it, that the weight simply has to stay off. Like I said, if I gain 3 kg I will stop and take immediate measures to get back to the goal weight.

It's pretty easy to maintain your weight primarily with portion control and exercise. Certainly cutting out as much sugar and bad carbs as you can helps greatly. That's pretty much what weight watchers does.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-24-2018 02:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Problem is that you don't want to "diet" for a period and then return to your old habits, like Whiskey does. He needs to review his habits and adapt his lifestyle altogether.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-24-2018 11:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Heheh that's funny. I called them knobbys cause I watch an Australian YouTuber who constantly refers to tires as knobbys. :)

We call dirt tires knobbys here too.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-24-2018 01:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Problem is that you don't want to "diet" for a period and then return to your old habits, like Whiskey does. He needs to review his habits and adapt his lifestyle altogether.

Exactly! I just have to closely monitor any weight gain over my target weight and take immediate measure whatever they are to maintain my body weight. Sounds simple but I have neglected doing this in the last 20 years.

EDIT: Just packing some warm clothes and I am able to fit into 2 pair of old denim jeans :D It's been a while.
Nothing like a trusty pair or two of old well washed jeans (Levi) for Winter comfort.

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 06-24-2018 10:11 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-24-2018 01:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: What is new in your little world?

My Wife and I are off to a little country cottage back in the hills for 5 days tomorrow. We've never been in the area before so it will be a nice little adventure. It is about a 3 hr drive south and I am looking forward to the sights :D

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-24-2018 11:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Nothing like a trusty pair or two of old well washed jeans (Levi) for Winter comfort.

It's so weird to see you talk about winter while we are rushing head first into summer over here :D

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-25-2018 12:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

... and on such a small sphere. I mean everybody is so close these days, not physically but close nonetheless. An example I hear you ask; My Mum telephones these days instead of using Skype calling her sister in the UK.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-26-2018 04:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some shots from this past weekend's ride. We planned for a much longer trip, but rain put an end to that.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-26-2018 04:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Motorcycles are gay.. Every time I do an exam on someone who has been in a motorcycle crash... Which is almost daily...I laff my ass off inside... Morons...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-26-2018 06:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Look down, your vagina is swollen.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-26-2018 08:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Booked our flight to Finland in August with an 11-hour layover in Paris :up:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-26-2018 09:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-27-2018 09:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
https://ibb.co/gYcLn8

Looks like you've used the incorrect address format. :dork:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-27-2018 11:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fixed it for you puff

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-27-2018 11:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I love that pic for how silly it is and the fact people still have/use it the way that they do.

Here's another silly pic from a few months ago.

Smooches, bitches. :olo:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-27-2018 08:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

still no muscle :olo:

I wish I had the self esteem that gwamps has...

what gwamps sees when he looks in the mirror.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-28-2018 06:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
still no muscle :olo:

I wish I had the self esteem that gwamps has...

what gwamps sees when he looks in the mirror.

I'm by no means the picture of bodybuilding. But no muscle? :rolleyes:

I certainly welcome you to go look in the mirror to see if you have any similar latissimus, oblique and tricep development.

Nah, I don't see that guy at all. That dude has abs I'll likely never see. I don't have the gym presence or diet discipline to get there.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 06-28-2018 09:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Going to be a grandpa in two weeks. That's fairly new.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-28-2018 09:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

interesting :up:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-28-2018 09:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:

Congrats, if that's something you're happy about.

Last edited by YourGrandpa on 06-28-2018 11:58 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-28-2018 11:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:

You posting here, that's fairly new

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-28-2018 11:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

gwamps you look like you have some potato genes. also clean the grunge off your blinds and bathtub, it's sickening

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-28-2018 11:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cheer up, kid.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.