Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-28-2018 12:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 06-28-2018 12:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
raw wrote:
Going to be a grandpa in two weeks. That's fairly new.

Congrats, if that's something you're happy about.

Thanks Gramps! Of course I'm happy! It's my first one :)

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 06-28-2018 12:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
raw wrote:
Going to be a grandpa in two weeks. That's fairly new.

You posting here, that's fairly new

This is not untrue.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-28-2018 02:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:

That's good... From what I remember, you're younger than I am. So it could be something similar to a 15 yo daughter scenario that you're not so thrilled about. You never know.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-28-2018 08:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why does Gramps have a bellybutton on his obliques? Also what's wrong with his triceps? They all flat and tiny...

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-28-2018 09:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Why does Gramps have a bellybutton on his obliques? Also what's wrong with his triceps? They all flat and tiny...

Have to wonder about this too. Seems the belly button is right under the solar plexus. Either deformity, or photoshop gone awry.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-28-2018 09:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
This is not untrue.

You post less than I do, which is a feat these days.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-29-2018 04:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have new Rubber on the Xl100 and cleaned up the wires a bit. Engine is running smooth and I just need to secure the gas tank a bit better onto the frame and she'll be trail worthy soon.

That said, I've been doing some research on this bike as I've had to do a lot of work on it. I at one point did a cross Canada search for XL100 parts or a donor bike and although I found tons of 125's and 75's I could find no XL100's for sale... I even saw an XL125 from 1977 in museum like condition go for almost 10k on ebay!!! Apparently they're pretty rare.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-29-2018 08:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:

LOL. 1 v 1 flat bench, homo.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-29-2018 08:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
Have to wonder about this too. Seems the belly button is right under the solar plexus. Either deformity, or photoshop gone awry.

I would've photoshopped myself a way better rectus abdominis.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-29-2018 08:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
raw wrote:

That's good... From what I remember, you're younger than I am. So it could be something similar to a 15 yo daughter scenario that you're not so thrilled about. You never know.

lol, holy shit. This guy never ceases to amaze me. What a cunt...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-29-2018 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He does have a tendency to live out his fantasies through others. No doubt part of hiding in bushes and taking upskirt shots of girls on bikes had to do with his disappointment of not having a young daughter to leer at.

Yes indeed, gwamps portrays strong signs of psychopathy and low intelligence through his general lack of empathy, a frontal lobe that lacks capacity for critical thought, and 3rd grade grammar. This is all without a mention of his self-destructive habit of posting cringe-worthy bathroom selfies on the internet with hopes of being liked and congratulated by strangers in order to satisfy a desperate need for social acceptance.

At this rate, poor gwamps is spiraling towards a meltdown of epic proportions, unlike the past 40 or so he's had on Q3W alone.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-29-2018 10:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

why would gramps say "rectus abdominis" instead of just "abs"? NO SELF-ESTEEM ALERT!...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-29-2018 10:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was referring to a specific abdominal area.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-29-2018 11:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I prefer if you didn't.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 06-29-2018 11:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
raw wrote:

LOL nah, daughter is 26 and married. It's quite an exciting time. However, the term "grandpa" hasn't sunken in yet.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 06-29-2018 11:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
raw wrote:
This is not untrue.

You post less than I do, which is a feat these days.

I'm making an effort to post more. Q3W, back before the Interwebs were ruined by the masses.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-29-2018 02:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
LOL nah, daughter is 26 and married. It's quite an exciting time. However, the term "grandpa" hasn't sunken in yet.

26? Wow. Yeah I'm sure being called grandpa is going to take a little getting use to. My boy is only 17, so I've got some time.

Again, congrats.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-29-2018 09:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
This is not untrue.

@ raw, is that a double negative?
Congrats on you first too before I forget :)

@ Κracus, yes a genuine Honda XL100 is a mighty rare machine so it's nice to hear of your machine.

Re: What is new in your little world?
Me, just returned for my little country holiday so pics later... Nice to be back if course but it was nice to get away.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 06-30-2018 03:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
raw wrote:
This is not untrue.

@ raw, is that a double negative?
Congrats on you first too before I forget :)

:olo: yes, it is! Thanks man!!

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-01-2018 02:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some clips from today's ride.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-01-2018 09:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Went to the TT in Assen yesterday. Sweeeeet!

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-02-2018 11:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watching racing is so mind numbingly boring. The experience of being there has to be the only redeeming quality. I've lived 2 hours from Daytona most of my life and have never been to a race.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-02-2018 04:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^American football fan :olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-02-2018 09:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some holiday snaps as promised.

Lots of kangaroos or wallabies everywhere as the area was so dry.. We were high on a hill in a little country cottage. The waterfall was in a lovely little (not quite) rain forest area we visited on one of many country drives ... It was a lovely few days away and we will do it again. We missed seeing the stars in full splendor as the full moon rose shortly after sunset on our last night and a finally clear sky. Got to see some satellites though..

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

EDIT: Fixed image hosting :rolleyes:

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 07-03-2018 03:11 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-03-2018 12:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Watching racing is so mind numbingly boring. The experience of being there has to be the only redeeming quality. I've lived 2 hours from Daytona most of my life and have never been to a race.

What a moronic thing to say.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 07-03-2018 02:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-03-2018 04:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
What a moronic thing to say.

Why's that? Do you not understand how vehicles driving in the same direction for hours on end could be boring? So boring that you don't really care to experience it in person, no matter how convenient. I'm certain that there are 100 times more people who don't give a shit about racing than do.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-03-2018 04:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Why's that? Do you not understand how vehicles driving in the same direction for hours on end could be boring? So boring that you don't really care to experience it in person, no matter how convenient. I'm certain that there are 100 times more people who don't give a shit about racing than do.

Read it again:

YourGrandpa wrote:
Watching racing is so mind numbingly boring.

This is not expressed as opinion (as in "I find watching racing to be mind numbingly boring" or "I can't find any enjoyment in watching racing" or "in my opinion, watching racing is mind numbingly boring" or try any of the 1000 other options available to you) but as fact. It's also quite hilarious that you use your own experience with never going to a race as anecdotal evidence that, yes indeed, racing must be mind numbingly boring :rolleyes:
That you do not enjoy racing, fair enough. I personally don't have much interest in Formula 1 racing or most other forms of racing either. MotoGP, however, is something I've been actively following the past 16 or 17 years or so.
I bet that the sport you enjoy watching has fewer fans of the sport than people who haven't watched a single match as well. That's a simple statistical fact true for any sport.

Also, I would even go as far as to argue that last weekend's MotoGP race was so intense that even non-fans could enjoy it. It was such close racing with so many overtakes and so many breathtaking moments that MotoGP fans have rated it as one of the best races in the entire MotoGP history.

Oh and yes, the whole experience of being there is the cherry on the pie. If I wanted to get a real good look at the race, I should stay at home watch on my TV (which I actually did the day after). Can see it much better there. But hell, being there is just so intense. The sound of 270bhp engines roaring by. The atmosphere of 105,000 people cheering and gasping all at once. The merchandise stands. The great weather. Everything. Wouldn't want to miss it.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-03-2018 05:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe next time I'll spell it out more explicitly. I never would have thought that I needed preface my opinion with, "this is my opinion". I mean, who else's opinion would it be? If everything needed to be qualified to understand, you could legitimately argue the other side. "Watching racing is so mind numbingly boring." doesn't specify this is more than one person's opinion. Nor does it remotely imply a statement of "fact". It's clearly my opinion... :rolleyes:

That being said, I'm glad you enjoyed your experience.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-03-2018 11:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

That's pretty freaking cool. How fast does it go under it's own power? How long does a battery last and does it charge while you're pedaling? Couldn't find info on that in the article or I missed it.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 07-04-2018 11:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's limited to 25kmh in the EU, 30 everywhere else. You can crack them to be unlimited then it's around 30mph.

In this engine there's a new mode which gives just the right amount of assist so normally you'll get around 35~40 miles. Worst case on huge hills and attacking everything it's 25miles.

This will be I first proper ride on one, ment to be real good fun

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-04-2018 11:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool bike Doombrain. It's amazing how small an unobtrusive these powered engines and accompanying batteries have become.
Are you planning on actually buying one?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 07-04-2018 10:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I am. I've bought another CX bike for road riding but given the amount of time I have in a day with the kids I wanted one to get as much time on a MTB as possible.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-09-2018 05:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

From yesterday's 320+ mile ride.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.