Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Quake Champions levels

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake Champions levels

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-11-2018 04:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi, guys! 1) Does anyone know how this lava is made? This is just a moving picture, stretched over sinlge (or several) solid(s), or is it a geometrically complex object? I just still do not have the opportunity to see this in the game. :cry:

2) Is there anything about the level editor for QCh, other than that? ))
"Tim Wildtits said that modding is not on the horizon because they don't know how to monetize it."
YOINK!

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 07-11-2018 11:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I haven't erally looked at it, but I just assume it's a vertex shader, movable geometry that repeats with effects added to that, more or less how it's always is today.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-12-2018 04:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@ Hipshot, Thank you! It seems that no one will say anything about the editor for now. :(
Btw, is there any news about this map? :)
I only recently found the first screens of "Solitude" and was impressed! Looks like initially everything there promised much more extreme conditions for the players. :)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-12-2018 06:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd rip it and tell you how it works, but you can't play custom games without paying for something :(

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-12-2018 10:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

KittenIgnition, no hay problema, amigo! :) it was just interesting.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-13-2018 10:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The game is heavily developed by Saber Interactive in partnership with id Software using in-house Saber3D engine and tools. From what I understand, they makes large use of modelling applications.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-14-2018 12:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@ obsidian, thanks for info! :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-16-2018 06:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Monetize... sounds very anti-community to me.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-16-2018 06:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@ Ferrao10, we can't exclude the chance that someone on reddit just lied. ;)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-16-2018 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't think there will ever be an editor/open community for QC. Because of money. Everything up until now points towards such cirumstances.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-16-2018 07:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@ Ferrao10, I'm slowpoke, I'll be glad if quake mapping will remain in Q3/QL >:D

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-13-2018 04:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Obsessed wrote:
@ Ferrao10, I'm slowpoke, I'll be glad if quake mapping will remain in Q3/QL >:D

Yeeeees :D :D

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.