Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Doom Eternal

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Doom Eternal

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-10-2018 06:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-10-2018 09:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pain Elementals, Arachnotrons, Doom 2 Arch-Vile and Hell on Earth: yep, this is everything on my wishlist.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-10-2018 09:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck yes.
Also, hey Elder Scrolls 6.

But Doom2 bitches!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-10-2018 10:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just wet myself ;)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-11-2018 12:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My tinkle is fizzing

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-10-2018 01:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

At about 1hr10.
Summary: super shotgun, grapplehook, pain elementals, earth, rapidfire shotgun, flamethrower, pvp invasion mode, destructible demons

Also Archvile.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-11-2018 09:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Worth watching the Rage 2 stuff as well

Gonna end up with both of those on launch day :D

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-13-2018 03:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ooooo pvp invasions sound fun!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-13-2018 04:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Am I wrong in thinking QuakeCon is hijacked by Bethesda to turn it into one big Bethesda promo event instead of what it used to be?

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 08-13-2018 07:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nope.
But then, I still really don't like Bethesda, so take my opinion with a pinch of salt.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-13-2018 07:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Its basically BethCon now. But to be fair, competitive Quake hasn't been relevant for years now and QuakeCon probably wouldnt exist anymore if it wasnt for Bethesda.

So let them have their party.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-13-2018 09:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I heard Bethesda has recently been arguing in court to ban the sale of used games. Real nice guys, I remember when I stopped buying EA games when they started doing that crap. I've recently started buying their games again as they've stopped that practice. I wonder if I'll have to go that same route with Bethesda.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-13-2018 12:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You heard wrong, settle down.
Some dude listed a sealed copy of Evil Within 2 on Amazon as 'new', while it is in fact used. That is actually false advertising regardless of the product, but Bethesda actually decided to do something about it.
Now why is this an issue for them you might ask. Because only verified resellers are allowed to sell products as 'new'. If someone would buy it and it turns out to be in fact tampered with and bricks that person's machine, Bethesda will get slammed even though they were not part of the transaction.
It's basic Quality Assurance and any brand would do this (and does).
That's why sealed stuff gets listed as 'pre-owned' or 'as good as new', to get around this.

Quote:
“Bethesda does not and will not block the sale of pre-owned games. The issue in this case is that the seller offered a pre-owned game as ‘new’ on the Amazon Marketplace,” Bethesda said in a statement. "We do not allow non-authorised resellers to represent what they sell as ‘new’ because we can’t verify that the game hasn’t been opened and repackaged. This is how we help protect buyers from fraud and ensure our customers always receive authentic new product, with all enclosed materials and warranty intact.

“In this case, if the game had been listed as ‘Pre-Owned,’ this would not have been an issue."

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-13-2018 01:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Depends....they used to do loads of stuff at Quakecon...adding the other stuff that isn't id related is a little intrusive, but then I can see why they do it.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-14-2018 09:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 08-14-2018 11:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i don't know what's worse, the snowflakes or the retards triggered by the snowflakes. :dts:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-14-2018 01:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heh...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-15-2018 03:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
You heard wrong, settle down.
Some dude listed a sealed copy of Evil Within 2 on Amazon as 'new', while it is in fact used. That is actually false advertising regardless of the product, but Bethesda actually decided to do something about it.
Now why is this an issue for them you might ask. Because only verified resellers are allowed to sell products as 'new'. If someone would buy it and it turns out to be in fact tampered with and bricks that person's machine, Bethesda will get slammed even though they were not part of the transaction.
It's basic Quality Assurance and any brand would do this (and does).
That's why sealed stuff gets listed as 'pre-owned' or 'as good as new', to get around this.

Quote:
“Bethesda does not and will not block the sale of pre-owned games. The issue in this case is that the seller offered a pre-owned game as ‘new’ on the Amazon Marketplace,” Bethesda said in a statement. "We do not allow non-authorised resellers to represent what they sell as ‘new’ because we can’t verify that the game hasn’t been opened and repackaged. This is how we help protect buyers from fraud and ensure our customers always receive authentic new product, with all enclosed materials and warranty intact.

“In this case, if the game had been listed as ‘Pre-Owned,’ this would not have been an issue."

Ah cool, I only read about it in passing on reddit, thanks for clearing that up!

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 08-15-2018 12:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

grapple shotguuuuuuuun

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-17-2018 05:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So... I hate to admit this but after seeing the doom eternal teaser and seeing as DOOM is free right now on xbox one if you have gamepass I decided to download and give it a go. Wow... I really missed out on this one. It's so fucking good! I haven't enjoyed a good single player shooter in a while. I can't wait for Doom Eternal now.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-17-2018 07:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why the hell didn't you listen to everyone on the Quake forum who said it was good?!

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 08-17-2018 11:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Why the hell didn't you listen to everyone on the Quake forum who said it was good?!

Think about who you're talking to. :smirk: He's proven several times lately that he either half asses reading an article or doesn't comprehend what he reads. Don't see how it would be any different with posts here.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 08-22-2018 07:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doom 2016 is one of my fav games everybody should partake. i only wish there was actual mod/map support, i can only run through arcade mode so many times on existing maps.

id said theyre working on mods/maps in their new engine and trying to move back into that direction, but the tech isnt there yet and no promises for doom evolve.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-22-2018 08:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They're going for official SP dlc this time.
Obviously this will be limited to some sort of timed season but it's better than nothing ey

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-08-2019 09:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Delayed until March 2020

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-08-2019 09:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu-------

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-08-2019 11:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Indeed

But I am glad they recognised it needed more time; too many people release substandard games now and patch the shit out of them for 12 months to get them how they should have been at launch. I actually would still prefer them to go with the "It's done when it's done" mantra with their games.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-14-2020 10:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy fucking demonballs I just shit and pissed myself but also can't feel anything below my waist :drool: :drool: :drool:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-14-2020 11:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shit...I wasn't expecting that

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-14-2020 01:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Getting a bit of a Halo vibe with the powerups but I'm sure the core gameplay loop will be as tight as before.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-14-2020 01:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i didn't realise Doom Eternal was set in Luton

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-15-2020 12:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Badass. :up:

I liked the music, though it doesn't seem to be Trent this time around.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-15-2020 12:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, it's Mick Gordon. He did the music for Doom 2016 as well.
Trent Reznor did the music and sound FX for Quake 1, not Doom.
He was for a brief while involved in Doom 3 but pulled out of the project early in development.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-15-2020 01:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, I've just kind of always associated NiN with id, I guess. :)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-15-2020 03:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you've never seen Mick Gordon's GDC presentation about doing the music for Doom, check it out. It's over an hour long but well worth it. He's not only a fantastic musician, he's also a very talented presenter.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.