Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Guy hit me with his car on purpose and took off

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Guy hit me with his car on purpose and took off

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-27-2018 08:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I spot the asshole blocking an entire sidewalk so I shook my head at him and rode by. Asshole gets triggered, drives further down the road and waits for me at the next crossing so he could hit me. Skip to about 1:00 for the moment it happens.

Props to the elderly couple, they also saw the guy hit me on purpose and stayed with me until the police arrived. It took hours for my heart rate to slow down, I was absolutely boiling with rage and wanted to tear the fucker's head off. Luckily I braced myself and maintained my balance somehow. Just have a fucking sore back now.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-27-2018 08:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

u got awfully close to my place

go away :p

it's the beard man, what u expect

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-27-2018 10:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Glad you're OK, if that happened in America he'd have shot you instead.

This shit is why I got a dashcam for my car. People get road rage so fucking easily. I'm guilty of it myself; the cam is partially to prevent me from tailgating. :o

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-27-2018 11:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am too glad you're still here Captain Mazda and with your marbles :)

What an arse hole! A gutless little arse hole too!

:arrow: Transient I got a dash camera as well but be careful as to what you say onboard while driving. Your camera has in car audio record doesn't it... It is just that Police investigating might paint the wrong picture if they view footage recroded minutes/hours before any accident... It might paint you in a bad light... I know because I have played some of mine recordings back and you'd be amazed at how an innocent comment you've made could be taken the wrong way by others..

EG: I call most silly/stupid female drivers bitches and my misses takes offence. Imagine the thoughts of a female traffic accident investigator :smirk: I just call them all now stupid bastards!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-28-2018 12:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What an asshole.
If it truly was an accident, he'd have parked his car, gotten out and made sure you were ok. Instead he offers you money, decides to turn around and leaves the scene. Classy move. What a dick.
Is your bicycle still in proper order?

edit:
I have to admit though, you going "you're going to fucking jail!" made me crack a smile.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-28-2018 04:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Funny how karma finds it way. :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-28-2018 04:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol Mazda looks and acts like a terrorist, and wonders why ppl hit him on his bike...

Also, what an overreacting spazz... And I think it was accidental...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-28-2018 04:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, it was on purpose for sure. But I bet the guy thought he was foiling a terrorist plot. :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-28-2018 04:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what a dick

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-28-2018 04:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

on reflection, and having read the rest of the thread, the object of my previous post could be open to interpretation

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 08-28-2018 05:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you could prosecute him with that evidence. What a shit.

But sort that beard out :!:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-28-2018 06:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
What an asshole.
If it truly was an accident, he'd have parked his car, gotten out and made sure you were ok. Instead he offers you money, decides to turn around and leaves the scene. Classy move. What a dick.
Is your bicycle still in proper order?

edit:
I have to admit though, you going "you're going to fucking jail!" made me crack a smile.

Scratches on the frame, I managed to ride it home but the steering is off. Will have to take it to a shop and get a full assessment. Thankfully I managed to keep my balance and braced myself at the last second.

YourGrandpa wrote:
Funny how karma finds it way. :olo:

You ride a motorcycle in a third-world shithole where everyone is on meds and armed to the teeth. Good luck :clownboat:

phantasmagoria wrote:
you could prosecute him with that evidence. What a shit.

But sort that beard out :!:

Nonsense, the beard protected me.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 08-28-2018 11:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Without the context of your previous altercation it just looks like he failed to look left, but yeah, looks like he had plenty of time to cross the road as there were no other bikes crossing for a few seconds, and then not stopping kind of cements that

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-28-2018 11:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The first interaction happens at the start of the video. You can see the car stopped across the pedestrian/bike path. As Spazda rolls past, you can see him shake his head at the driver. We really can't tell if there were any other hand gestures or words mouthed as he road past. But you can see the driver race to the next crossing where he is waiting for him to pass. As Dumbzda passes, the guy nudges forward to hit him...

**Edit: Watched the ending twice more and it could have been an accident. He may have looked left to let the pedestrian with dog pass and then right to let the cyclists pass. After the cyclists pass, he assumes the coast is clear and proceeds forward without looking twice. His eyes were also bugged out of his head like he may have been on something.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-28-2018 01:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Glad you are OK buddy.

I kind of agree with Gramps...it could have been an accident. I have nearly opened a door on a cyclist because he was bombing down a road - I checked, all clear and proceeded to jar the door open slightly and a bloke on a bike swerved and then abused me. I swear that it was quite literally 1.5 seconds between me looking right the way around and opening the door. Anyway, now I use the dutch reach.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-28-2018 08:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

damn, what a dick.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-28-2018 08:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So is this guy arrested yet?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-28-2018 11:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The black car leaving the parking lot at the end of the video,is that the same dude? I assumed it was, and if that's the case, then he rode into the parking lot and left immediately again, which is odd.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-29-2018 06:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He was charged with failure to remain and failure to yield, nothing related to vehicular assault or intent to injure. When the police went to his home, he claimed he was looking for a parking spot, yet the video shows him leaving an empty lot and then turning into a gated entrance for a private club--which he has no access to. He then turns around and drives off in the direction he came from. I looked up his driver's license and he's been licensed since 2010 and is a local guy. Everyone in Toronto knows the lakefront is full of parking lots.

His story is full of shit and the police did nothing to even question his alibi. Shows how much they care about cyclists while the city has an epidemic of cyclists and pedestrians being killed, not to mention drivers running people over on purpose in road rage incidents.

Eraser wrote:
The black car leaving the parking lot at the end of the video,is that the same dude? I assumed it was, and if that's the case, then he rode into the parking lot and left immediately again, which is odd.

Yes that's him.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-29-2018 07:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol, guess that's what happens when two assholes meet. Guy in the car is totally in the wrong tho. That's probably some kind of assault charge.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-29-2018 08:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like how in the start of the video the first bike rides responsiably behind the car. But Dadzda has to ride (into the street) in front of the guy so he could scold him for blocking the bike path.

Because he is so angry here, I bet he also flipped the guy off. The guy was white, so he was obviously some kind of over privileged, western, Jewish sympathizer who hates Muslims. Right? :olo:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-29-2018 10:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A barrage of creative nickflames, un-ignoring me to read my posts, yep that's gwamps in redneck racist meltdown mode flying off the handle again. Time for your prozac :(

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-29-2018 01:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
The first interaction happens at the start of the video. You can see the car stopped across the pedestrian/bike path. As Spazda rolls past, you can see him shake his head at the driver. We really can't tell if there were any other hand gestures or words mouthed as he road past. But you can see the driver race to the next crossing where he is waiting for him to pass. As Dumbzda passes, the guy nudges forward to hit him...

I, too, watched the video...

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-29-2018 08:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-29-2018 08:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, you're famous now :)
Those reactions on Twitter are awful though. There's even someone claiming you did this on purpose to get a lawsuit out of it.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-29-2018 09:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wonder who that could be.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-30-2018 02:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey now it wasnt me. Not that I wouldn't also try to run him over but this time it wasnt me.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-30-2018 03:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's also a surprising amount of people (I saw the Reddit thread too) who say Mazda was in the wrong for either passing the car in front or not slowing down at the second crossing.

The first thing just seems silly and as for the second one, I don't really know how it works in Canada, but here in the Netherlands, bike lanes are the domain of the bike. If you cross one as a car driver, you're the guest vehicle there and it's 100% up to the car driver to make sure he's not hitting any bicycles, no matter how fast they go.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-30-2018 04:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh ffs, this made it to Twitter and reddit?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-30-2018 05:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Oh ffs, this made it to Twitter and reddit?

You have no idea!

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-30-2018 06:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fucking pathetic

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-30-2018 06:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol for a split second I thought those were real

Κracus wrote:
Hey now it wasnt me. Not that I wouldn't also try to run him over but this time it wasnt me.

I'd like to see you try, but everyone knows you're full of shit anyways.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-30-2018 07:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
There's also a surprising amount of people (I saw the Reddit thread too) who say Mazda was in the wrong for either passing the car in front or not slowing down at the second crossing.

The first thing just seems silly and as for the second one, I don't really know how it works in Canada, but here in the Netherlands, bike lanes are the domain of the bike. If you cross one as a car driver, you're the guest vehicle there and it's 100% up to the car driver to make sure he's not hitting any bicycles, no matter how fast they go.

The laws here make it illegal to block a roadway, sidewalk, or bike lane with your car. The only exception would be to make room and stop for an emergency vehicle.

I crossed through the space in front of the car because it was the closest route from the bike lane. I am not required to cross into pedestrian space because a car is creating an illegal obstruction. I have to constantly ride into live traffic because people stop/park on top of bike lanes in no standing zones.

I was coasting and slowing down at the second crossing. Witnesses said I was riding at a normal speed when I approached the crossing.

The trail I was on gives full right-of-way to pedestrians and cyclists at every crossing.

I was 0% at fault as corroborated by video, witnesses, and police.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-30-2018 07:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It was an accident... The real story here is Mazda's overreaction. Freaks out on the guy, threatens him with jail, goes to the media...

WHAT. A. PUSSY!... :olo: ...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-30-2018 01:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.