So, what games are you playing now?

Open discussion about any topic, as long as you abide by the rules of course!
Κracus

Re: So, what games are you playing now?

Post by Κracus »

Doombrain wrote:worth getting the 1x?
Depends... I have a one x and an OG Xbone setup side by side and I've run many games side by side. The one x has obviously better graphics and loads everything faster and probably has better framerates. If those things matter to you then yes, it's well worth it. If not, then I would pass. It made a big difference when I played PUBG as you'd be able to dive down, land and start looting instantly as all the buildings and weapons would load by the time your feet touched the ground while on the old xbox buildings wouldn't be fully loaded and would take 10 - 20 seconds to fully load making looting or entering buildings impossible.

My kids were playing Forza Horizon 4 yesterday and both started the game at the same time so they were roughly in the same spots in the game simultaneously so I could see quite a difference in the graphics as both were displaying the same scenes.
mrd

Post by mrd »

I bought Skyrim like 10 years ago or whatever... my 'puter was too shitty to run it. I think I got 1 or 2fps on the shittiest settings. While back my vid card ate shit so I slotted a new one in. Fast fwd another 2 years and I was poking around in Steam one day out of boredom and I saw Skyrim there, "aw shit I paid for this and never even got past the fucking opening scene, let's give it a whirl." Helluva drug.
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

MKJ wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:I've picked up Wolf: The Old Blood again after what I thought was a few months of not touching it. Turns out it was 18 months...

I will report back once I have done some meaningful play through.

Also myself and Lady Carlos have been giving the 2013 Tomb Raider another blast...and what a blast it is. Despite me not getting on with it when it first came out, I am very much enjoying blasting through it and collecting shit. I love collecting things and this has things aplenty, so good news for me. We are enjoying it that much we have ordered Rise of the Tomb Raider too :D
Funny, I just started playing Rise. I was one of the people who liked Tomb Raider 2013, even tho it hardly had any tomb raiding.

Rise... eehh it's ok. It has two major flaws I feel; one: it tried to compensate for the lack of Tombing in the previous game by constantly giving you side missions, challenges and tombs to the point where it becomes a chore, and second the story is all about shooty shooty runny runny, which makes the aforementioned tombing way out of place. I have to save this and that before he and she dies! But first, 3 days of trudging through the wilderness in search of optional crypts and murals.
It makes for a stark contrast where the game has a hard time deciding if it wants to be an action game or a puzzle platforming collectathon. In my eyes it fails at trying to be both.
Interesting...

I "finished" Tomb Raider yesterday (92%) and popped ROTT in...ooohhh it's pretty
MKJ

Post by MKJ »

It's gorgeous, the environments are very immersive.
I also like that there's different weather conditions and times of day, separate from the level you're in.
So one time you load the game and you're in a morning sunrise, the other time the same level is during a nightly storm.
Doombrain

Post by Doombrain »

Κracus wrote:
Doombrain wrote:worth getting the 1x?
Depends... I have a one x and an OG Xbone setup side by side and I've run many games side by side. The one x has obviously better graphics and loads everything faster and probably has better framerates. If those things matter to you then yes, it's well worth it. If not, then I would pass. It made a big difference when I played PUBG as you'd be able to dive down, land and start looting instantly as all the buildings and weapons would load by the time your feet touched the ground while on the old xbox buildings wouldn't be fully loaded and would take 10 - 20 seconds to fully load making looting or entering buildings impossible.

My kids were playing Forza Horizon 4 yesterday and both started the game at the same time so they were roughly in the same spots in the game simultaneously so I could see quite a difference in the graphics as both were displaying the same scenes.
I'm ordering one with a USB SSD
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

I've been thinking of getting an external drive as well. I've heard that the benefits of an SSD on an xbox one x is negligible. One redditor actually swapped his internal drive with an ssd and found that it actually increased load times. Either way, that extra space would be nice to have, I went through 1TB in a few weeks.
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

I've put a 2tb drive in my PS Pro and I used the 1tb drive for my normal PS4 (Spare room console).

I can see how Sony and MS can justify selling a 500gb drive in a console any more.
MKJ

Post by MKJ »

Bought a 2tb external like two years ago, not until now that's it's close to filling up.
I have a little under 200 games installed. It's only the big hitters that will cause problems on a 500gb drive (ie Forza, Halo MCC and such). Most games are around 6gb.
xer0s

Post by xer0s »

Isn’t Red Ded Redemption 2 over 100 gig? Better make some space...
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

MKJ wrote:Bought a 2tb external like two years ago, not until now that's it's close to filling up.
I have a little under 200 games installed. It's only the big hitters that will cause problems on a 500gb drive (ie Forza, Halo MCC and such). Most games are around 6gb.
Add any DLC onto the mix and you're screwed
Any COD game is 60+ gig
Wolf games are 40gig
MKJ

Post by MKJ »

Eh its only the triple A E3 showcase games that are that big. FFXV takes the cake with 75gb.

I was curious myself and sorted by Size. Average seems to be 10gb. I'm a completionist meaning I pretty much have all dlc for all games I own. To be fair I don't have any of the 4K stuff installed tho as I have a 1st gen X1.

Still, surprised that the drive lasted so long tbh.
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

I think Forza 7 was 110GB...
Doombrain

Post by Doombrain »

Dled gears 4 for the one x and it was 117 gig.....
SOAPboy

Post by SOAPboy »

Nearing 500 hours of beat saber.

Cant stop, wont stop, etc.
Lieutenant Dan

Post by Lieutenant Dan »

Been playing South Park: The Stick of Truth a bit. Haven't had much free time for gaming lately :(
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

Don Carlos wrote:God of War

Simply beautiful
Still bashing my way through this slowly but surely; I really am starting to like it very much :D
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

I've been playing Starcraft 2... A little late to this game I guess but damn it's fun.
xer0s

Post by xer0s »

Wife and I are through Act 1 on Divinity Original Sin 2. Such a fun game, never thought I’d be into the turn based stuff.

She’ll be devastated on Friday when RDR2 comes out and our D:OS2 journey comes to a screeching halt...
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

I'm anxious for RDR2 as well but it sucks we have to wait for the online, that's all I really care about. I just hope it's like GTAV and not so much like the original RDR.
Mat Linnett

Post by Mat Linnett »

Finally broken the back of Destiny 2 and successfully weened myself off of it, so I'm playing some more Monster Hunter World with friends.

I've "completed" the game and my friends have just started out, but it's still great to play low level content. It seems a lot better for this than most games with differing power levels.
I do worry about the mid-game power shift where you have to start making all new armour sets. That pissed me off, and I could completely understand if my friends lose interest at that point.

I'm also dipping in and out of Forza Horizon 4 thanks to the 14 day free Xbox Game Pass trial meaning I can play it for free on PC. It's incredibly pretty with fantastic driving, but it all seems a little soulless. I'll give it some more time though.
I don't think I'll end up subbing to Game Pass, but I may buy Forza if it grows on me.

I'm also playing Battletech, although it's taking a while to get going, and it's not very good at telling you how to play. It's incredibly in-depth with very little had-holding. Weirdly, it's also a lot uglier while playing than it looks in the screenshots I saw in reviews. I don't think this is down to bullshots however. Just an oddly flat lighting model.

Probably going to pass on RDR2 until there's a PC version confirmed. I'll buy it on PS4 if the PC never gets a release, but I don't have to play it immediately. My backlog is disgustingly large.
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

So RDR2 is amazing...
xer0s

Post by xer0s »

Understatement...
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

Severely... That game has put a new meaning on the idea of a simulated world. I cannot wait for the online portion of this to release and if it's half as good as the single player I'll be a happy camper.
xer0s

Post by xer0s »

Seriously, if you’re not playing this game, you’re probably missing out on the most detailed and immersive game ever made...
YourGrandpa

Post by YourGrandpa »

I've been watching several different play-though series. It looks really good. I'll get it when it hits the PC.