Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        SCHÖNA [ALPHA 4]

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: SCHÖNA [ALPHA 4]

The Ancient One
The Ancient One
PostPosted: 12-14-2018 09:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cool CZghost!

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-14-2018 09:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And having the PNG and TGA images side by side, I can see how the texture looks like both with and without alpha channel applied :)

It's kind of like turning layer mask on and off :D Since I know that PNG exported from layer with a mask keeps the color of areas completely masked out unaltered, this PNG is usable by Quake Live engine with the same support, like its corresponding TGA image. From what I know, ioquake3 supports PNG as well. But I can't tell how many players use ioquake3 today or tomorrow, then I have to use TGA in Quake 3 release. I'll also make Quake Live version (slightly modified, of course, adding banners), and I'll use PNG images to translucent textures in this version (and sounds/music converted to Ogg Vorbis format). The pentagram texture will be replaced in Quake Live version by something less explicit, to make it content apropriate. I'm looking for a graffitti? Do you have some ideas to graffitti I could use in Quake Live version?

The Ancient One
The Ancient One
PostPosted: 12-14-2018 10:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got no idea on graffiti, make your own I guess? They have some graffiti generators if you search google

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-14-2018 12:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll do my own, actually.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-14-2018 10:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thread created in April 2015.
You start to look like Valve, Czghost

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-15-2018 04:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, too many thing to do, just speaking about the necessary things (school, household work, etc.) - sorry about that. However, I am still holding the development of this map out, so I can finish it I realise that the Alpha 5 development takes way too long, but can't help, actually.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-15-2018 03:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Okay, I've managed to convert all unnecessary TGA images to JPEG and TGA images with necessary Alpha channels to PNG for future Quake Live deployment. It cost me two BSODs from Photoshop, but I made it :D Next time, I'm going to replace old texture paths with new ones, because I've rearranged the textures dir structure to better match what the texture means. Some were quite a lottery to guess, but I did it anyway. Also, I'm going to include the new textures by evillair in next snapshot, so stay tuned :) I've also remade all shaders. Now only two or three textures dirs do not have corresponding shader file, because there is no special surface. I've also included compiler only shaders, for metal floors.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-26-2019 04:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So, my new gaming laptop stopped working about a month ago and I've got to make a complaint. They fixed it - by formatting entire drive. All my files are gone (except for my photos, which I fortunately was able to restore, and which made the most matter for me). All, including my backups of maps I was working on, including this one. I might be able to restore them from another backup. However, it slows down the progress - what's even more - it reverts the progress, because that backup isn't updated - and of course, I do not have much time now, due to school and incoming exams, and I do not even have the access. Also, that backup still exists, but the computer is actually out of order. Why's that? Well, because it slowed down significantly and it was almost unusable. We've got a new one, with Windows 10.

I'm sorry, but I have to postpone the progress for a little bit (as it has already been done, because I've got too little free time) and try to restore the progress I'll lose by using outdated backups...

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-17-2024 11:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've prepared a simple new sketch on a new level design for this map. That being said, the layout is gonna change drastically, I wasn't quite satisfied on how it looks, and struggled somewhat with the design previously. Then I've got some IRL stuff, did something else, and kinda forgot about Q3 and this community for a while.

The new layout is divided into 4 main floors. I'll start from bottom to up:

Underground pit: Megahealth, teleport to the top floor, forming a passageway

Bottom floor: Powerup in the middle (probably Quad teamed with Regen), some side rooms, access to outside area

Middle floor: Drop down to the bottom floor in the middle, a side room, corridor with access to outside area

Top floor: Situation room of sorts, maybe dropdown to the middle, maybe not, teleport to the megahealth, forming a passageway

This is my attempt to get a clearer picture on what the layout should be. Any ideas on how to make it better? Maybe the long stairwell needs to be broken up, maybe I'll have to join it up with the other one, and connect the two stairwells into one.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-17-2024 01:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know, it's hidious, I'm no drawer. To my excuse, I drew with my mouse and artistic depiction wasn't exactly my goal, my goal was more or less to simply show a simple layout sketch.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-18-2024 12:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CZghost wrote:
Eraser, be sure I am gonna to finish it whatever long it should take. But I finish it.

You promised, CZghost. I'm still waiting.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-18-2024 03:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah. It's taking too long at this ooint, I'm fully aware. No need to remind me.

But I'm older now, a bit wiser, and I have a bit clearer picture and kinda more realistic one.
The pictures may be hidious, but I'll try to take it into the 3D space soon, and that should hopefully look much nicer.

Guess it will be a tourney map afterall. The size is a bit larger for a tourney map, but at the same time it seems too small to be considered a proper FFA map.

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 03-18-2024 04:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe you will finish before me, I started my current map in 2015 too I think.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-18-2024 10:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Competition? :D That's awesome :)

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 03-18-2024 12:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CZghost wrote:
Competition? :D That's awesome :)

No need to compete, it's just fun if you complete your map for the community and yourself. I don't think I will have mine done until 2025 anyway so, I guess.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-18-2024 01:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was only joking. But yeah, 10 years in the making, that's something :D

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-18-2024 09:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do you still live in Ústí nad Labem? Thats only a 1:30 hour drive away. I can grab my whip, and the map is done in under 24h. Image
:D

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-19-2024 02:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tough luck, I moved away to Ostrava :D

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-19-2024 07:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sst13 wrote:

This NEEDS to be a smiley here on the forums :olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.