Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-12-2017 09:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Murder on the Orient Express (2017)

Just got back from the picture theatre, well you know the (have) the ones in the big shopping centres.

Hey, great movie and better than I expected. All well done and the acting top class so get the chance it is worth the time.
7.5/10

Quote:
A lavish train ride unfolds into a stylish & suspenseful mystery. From the novel by Agatha Christie, Murder on the Orient Express tells of thirteen stranded strangers & one man's race to solve the puzzle before the murderer strikes again.

IMDB

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 11-13-2017 03:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
Terminator Genisys

8/10

:dts: :dts: :dts: :dts: :dts: :dts:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-13-2017 05:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Split 7/10

I thought this was well done. M.Night shows he’s still got it, even though he’s thrown out some duds. I’m anxious to see his next project after the ending of Split...

Couldn't watch it. Cant stand James.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-13-2017 05:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
Terminator Genisys

Caught this on HDTV and missed the beginning.

Emilia Clarke is great as Sarah Connor. Arnold Schwarzenegger is great as... a machine.

The plot worked, the dialogue was so-so for the most part, it just seemed to be a device to take us to the next action sequence. The bits about time travel were brilliant.

The tension and drama seemed a bit lacking; I think that was probably down to the rubbish speakers on the TV.

The cinematography could have been better; it looked framed-for-TV sometimes.

I really liked the ending.

8/10

The time travel story plot worked yeah?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-13-2017 08:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
xer0s wrote:
Split 7/10

I thought this was well done. M.Night shows he’s still got it, even though he’s thrown out some duds. I’m anxious to see his next project after the ending of Split...

Couldn't watch it. Cant stand James.

Really? He doesn’t bother me. Plus he’s not his usual self in Split. He’s 23 other people...

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 11-13-2017 08:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Thor Ragnarok - 8/10

A huge change of tact from Dark World and all the better for it. Brilliant if take it for what it is; do not expect Shakespear and expect to laugh a lot

got a 'guardians of the galaxy' vibe from it, in that it had a good combination of humor and action to carry an ok plot throughout.

I'm convinced it's the perfect combo for live action comic book adaptations.

The Dark night trilogy is really the only comic based series that IMO successfully pulled off the serious tone.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-13-2017 01:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Korg was excellent :D

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-19-2017 05:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watched Shaun the Sheep Movie with my kids yesterday. Aardman animation always delivers and that's no different with Shaun. We knew the TV series but hadn't seen the movie yet. It's hilarious and has some of the most loveable and expressive characters seen in animation ever. It's great for kids and adults alike.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 12-03-2017 09:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Thor Ragnarok - 8/10

A huge change of tact from Dark World and all the better for it. Brilliant if take it for what it is; do not expect Shakespear and expect to laugh a lot

This was great. It was like when I went to the first guardians not knowing what to expect and was pleasantly surprised.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-03-2017 10:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wtf is up with this avengers infinity war trailer? Lots of people going crazy over it. All I see is a summation of obscure Marvel heroes. There's very little movie in there.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-04-2017 04:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - 3/10. FFS.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-04-2017 07:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought it was ok, I wasn't disappointed I seen it but who ever done that script needs to lay off the caffeine.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-04-2017 08:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what?? it was a fucking mess!

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-04-2017 08:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
wtf is up with this avengers infinity war trailer? Lots of people going crazy over it. All I see is a summation of obscure Marvel heroes. There's very little movie in there.

cause DC sux

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-04-2017 09:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

Not entirely, it wasn't as bad as something like Jupiter Ascending imo. The visuals were nice, everything else was pretty meh and the story was like someone in the script room kept going 'and then?...'.

Not gonna watch it again like but some of the shit was kinda interesting, like the holo market.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-04-2017 10:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rewatched Glory, again. :up: :up:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-04-2017 10:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

Not entirely, it wasn't as bad as something like Jupiter Ascending imo. The visuals were nice, everything else was pretty meh and the story was like someone in the script room kept going 'and then?...'.

Not gonna watch it again like but some of the shit was kinda interesting, like the holo market.

Nope, not having it. It was garbage. only gave it 3 because some visuals were good, the story flowed like a Michael Bay film without the panning.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-04-2017 11:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I give it more originality than that, the screenplay and script where the weak points, it flowed like a marmalade river and the script never gave any room to breathe, it just crammed way too much in, a lot of which being totally redundant and stupid. The 2 main characters were boring as fuck too.

For me as a sci fi fan tho it had some pretty cool concepts, like collateral damage in the future, holo markets, some of the weapons, some of the aliens (not those jar jar binks ones), those space whale things with the mind reading jellyfish. If 5/6 out of 10 is below average - average marks then I'd give it that.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-04-2017 11:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FFFFUUUUCCCCCKKKKK OFFFFFFFFFF MANNNN

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-04-2017 11:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A fair retort.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-04-2017 11:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Too many letters, was a bit cluttered but the overall message was delivered perfectly

5.5/10

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-04-2017 12:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
I give it more originality than that, the screenplay and script where the weak points, it flowed like a marmalade river and the script never gave any room to breathe, it just crammed way too much in, a lot of which being totally redundant and stupid. The 2 main characters were boring as fuck too.

For me as a sci fi fan tho it had some pretty cool concepts, like collateral damage in the future, holo markets, some of the weapons, some of the aliens (not those jar jar binks ones), those space whale things with the mind reading jellyfish. If 5/6 out of 10 is below average - average marks then I'd give it that.

I am with you on this losCHUNK as I too am a sci fi fan, but you knew that. I gave it 8.5/10 back on 08-18-2017 in this topic here but now I now have to find and watch that Jupiter Ascending movie as I've never seen it.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-07-2017 09:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Geostorm 7.5/10

enjoyed it, had an armageddon feel to it

guess Gerrard isn't going straiggtht to dvd bins just yet

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-08-2017 12:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Because its a trailer... :smirk:

It's also a 2 part film. I am very excited by it to be honest; it's going to be mega.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-08-2017 12:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's really not.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-08-2017 05:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's gonna rock...

...Although I do have some reservations because of Civil War, there's gonna be a shit ton of characters to micromanage in only a few hours. Someones gonna need to die n all, like Mr America or Tony.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-09-2017 04:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Both...both are up for contract re-renewal...Thor could get the chop too and we could have Lady Thor

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-09-2017 07:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, you should see the way you people talk about this infantile shit

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-09-2017 12:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i can imagine :dts:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-09-2017 01:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

:offended:

You forget you’re on a geek gaming forum?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-09-2017 02:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

put on your MLP 'friendship is magic' fedora and tell us about your kawaii waifu, xer0s

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-09-2017 03:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You’re a weird dude...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-10-2017 10:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Please regale me further about your Lego collection :smirk:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-10-2017 11:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SHOTS FIRED

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-11-2017 03:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Eraser wrote:

Please regale me further about your Lego collection :smirk:

That's different :p

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.