Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        We need a new vacuum cleaner, help me choose

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: We need a new vacuum cleaner, help me choose

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-06-2018 09:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am still a Dyson convert. Mind you I am not a stick or hand held fan and yes, I haven't used them.

ImageImage

I like the canister models but I recall a recent TV advertisement here at least, Mr Dyson himself said they weren't doing further research on these models (canister) :smirk:

Here it is. Skip to 22 seconds.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-15-2018 04:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just bought the Animal 2 today, holy fuck it's amazing

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-15-2018 05:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

those things are cheap for dyson...must be shit...next...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-15-2018 09:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's way beyond your means, I know.

denzii.visible = false
denzii.visible = false
PostPosted: 12-18-2018 01:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a rumba, it cleans my place everyday. I can leave to go to the store and come back home and the place is clean again. I have a bird so it gets dirty pretty quick'

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-20-2018 10:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

can't wait for the i7 after christmas...5 kids destroy the floors...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-20-2018 11:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can't just go and buy it like a real man? Pathetic...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-20-2018 04:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But it’s missing the base. You’ll have to wait...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-20-2018 06:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Out of stock everywhere until after Christmas. Already bought it to the pooron...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 12-21-2018 09:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why dont you just call concierge on visa black? lol waiting like a poor person...

plained
plained
PostPosted: 12-21-2018 09:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo: scared? still crushing it

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-22-2018 06:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll post pics of my cats riding the luxury Roomba on Christmas day... Try not to get too jellus...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-22-2018 07:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who would have ever thought it would come to this.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 12-22-2018 07:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For the record, the Miele has been ok. You can't get powered heads in Europe anymore because of regulations on wattage so the head is powered by air passing over a turbine, handicapping the whole operation a bit. The suck is still much more powerful than Dysons I've tried though.

It's been pretty abused and bashed about with no ill effects (we're renovating our house, I have a shop-vac for heavy duty stuff but the rest of the house still gets covered in construction dust while we're working on it).

Another drawback is the bag consumables end up being pretty expensive. We've tried knock-off brands but the filtration system in them seems to reduce the power of the vac so it's best to stick with the official ones.

7.5/10

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-06-2019 10:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

renovation vacuuming has results from poor to not good.

after all the demolition is complete and the areas a bare, clase all windows and dehumidify to as low % as possible,
then wait for a proper windy day with the right direction for ideal cross draft action and use a powerful leaf blower to blow out from the cracks and crevices as much as possible.

people sensitive to mold ,mildews, plaster, insulation dusts etc will most def feel the result when projects complete.

i see so much projects where its just crappily swept or vac'ed then the dust and debris remain and are just built over.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-06-2019 11:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

NEXT

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-06-2019 10:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree with plained... dumbrain is a moron....

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.