Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 01-01-2019 07:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:
geoff is rich and a genius, a winning combination :olo:

Gee thx...I wouldn't go that far but I'll take it up the ass

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 01-03-2019 01:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-03-2019 01:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I needed to see that video as I wouldn't have believed otherwise.

In a similar vain, don't run for the fat one that pulls you over :!:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-03-2019 04:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CHiPs

Chungus Highway Patrol

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-10-2019 04:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am about to unbox my Christmas present, a Lego Technic set number 42082 and I am looking forward to assembling.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-23-2019 11:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just got back from the company skitrip.
One long 96 hour day.
I'm sure there was a combined full night's rest in there somewhere :E

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-24-2019 11:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Started a new job on Dec 17th. I was told they wanted a C and C# developer but they've had me writing php the entire time instead :(

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-24-2019 11:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That sucks. PHP is the devil's work.

I once had a job interview for a position where they needed a lead Java developer to migrate all their PHP based webapps to Java. They had 0 in-house Java knowledge so it seemed like a nice job where I could totally profile myself as the Java master.

It was a rather promising conversation but when I asked when they expected to kick this project off, they were hesitant to say anything and said they weren't even 100% sure they'd go through with it. That depended on several other factors. I asked them what I would be doing i it wouldn't happen and they said continue building the PHP apps.

That's when I grabbed my coat and ran away.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-28-2019 03:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I mentioned here that I scored that massive Lego Technic model 42082 for Christmas. Yesterday I finished assembling :) Good fun.

I didn't want to start this build until I got my custom Lego Abrams tank going. It was 90% finished when those tiles exploded about our apartment early September. You're keeping up?

Anyway, I finished that build just after Christmas but had a little difficulty with the main gun firing mechanism. The model is remote controlled via a smart phone app (new to me) and every time I fired the gun the turret would fly apart. Sometime obviously wrong, I contacted the maker and we sorted it out. Those little Lego motors are so powerful. Ended up, it was a (voltage) programming setting with the app :smirk:

My next Lego build is the Mercedes truck, model 42043. This has the pneumatic function so it should be an exciting build :D

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-28-2019 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, on another note, I am changing internet service providers tomorrow. I picked up a new 'smart modem' last week. 'Smart' because they now have a mobile SIM card onboard, in case the line/connection goes down.

I figured better to change ISP before the ADSL/fibre change because to do at the same time would be asking for trouble.... I am still on a copper telephone pair from the exchange (ADSL2), getting about 10MB/s download. Fibre to the building was installed before Christmas but they haven't cut the suburb over as yet.

Fibre/fiber - Some spell differently :smirk:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 01-28-2019 04:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Picked this up a few days ago. Ibanez S470qxdm. Needs some adjusting, mainly intonation.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-29-2019 12:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice. What pickups and tremolo system are on there?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 01-29-2019 08:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Pickups are Powersound and bridge is ZR1. Both are subject to change after I've had it a little while and see if I like them or not. I've always liked the way Ibanez plays. Last one I had was an RG540. Wish I still had it.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-31-2019 10:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Reserving a new house on Saturday. Sold a house we used to rent out but now I have to deal with estate agents again which makes me very angry >:E

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-31-2019 12:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ISP change failed :smirk: Am I surprised? No.
Back on the old ISP today at least.... Cross fingers for me.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-01-2019 12:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
Eraser wrote:

Pickups are Powersound and bridge is ZR1. Both are subject to change after I've had it a little while and see if I like them or not. I've always liked the way Ibanez plays. Last one I had was an RG540. Wish I still had it.

What do you think of the Powersound pickups? Opinions appear to be extremely varied on these.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-02-2019 08:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
What do you think of the Powersound pickups? Opinions appear to be extremely varied on these.

I'll have to get back with you on that. Don't currently have an amp. Currently looking for one and there's a pretty limited selection where I live.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-04-2019 01:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
ISP change failed :smirk: Am I surprised? No.
Back on the old ISP today at least.... Cross fingers for me.

Did you cross them? I am guessing not :smirk:
Telecom company stuffed up but I am not surprised so I am currently connected to the internet via mobile hotspot. More later.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-04-2019 07:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
Picked this up a few days ago. Ibanez S470qxdm. Needs some adjusting, mainly intonation.

whoa! a blue guitar!

dont see alot of that

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-04-2019 08:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
whoa! a blue guitar!

dont see alot of that

My wife liked the color and just bought it to use as decoration. I played around with it and decided to keep it myself. It's a really cheap acoustic, but it plays as good as some of the more expensive ones I've played. Really surprised me. The brand is Main Street. I think they're $100 brand new.

Here's all of them.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-04-2019 10:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Colourful bunch! I like it :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-05-2019 12:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm toying with the idea of getting a new guitar.
Don't need it at all but yknow.. the jitters.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-05-2019 05:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
I'm toying with the idea of getting a new guitar.
Don't need it at all but yknow.. the jitters.

I completely understand. I didn't need another one either. More is always better though.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-05-2019 06:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Colourful bunch! I like it :)

Me too. :up: Always did like a little variety.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-06-2019 12:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Telecom company stuffed up but I am not surprised so I am currently connected to the internet via mobile hotspot. More later.

How could they stuff it up? Two wires in a telephone exchange clearly marked. A blind person could do the transfer. Luckily for me, the new 'smart modem' is fitted with a mobile phone SIM card and I am back on the internet at about half speed. (6MB/s). They say it will be some days before the job can be completed. Good grief!!

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-07-2019 05:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Any of you guitar guys have any experience with locking tuners vs. locking nuts?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-07-2019 09:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got locking nuts on my own RG and JEM.
To be honest, not a fan. I don't feel they offer enough advantage vs the fact you always need to keep some Allen wrenches around. You can fine-tune with the tuners at the bridge but sometimes you find yourself out of thread there.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-08-2019 09:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As you can tell in the picture, both of mine do as well. I've been toying with the idea of switching to the locking tuners for that very reason. You have to keep Allen wrenches handy and it's a bit of pain if you want to change tunings. I've never dealt with locking tuners and wondering if it would be worth the switch. I may give it a shot.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-08-2019 10:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had a Washburn N1 with floyd rose and locknut.
Never again, way too much hassle.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-13-2019 08:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:

How could they stuff it up? Two wires in a telephone exchange clearly marked. A blind person could do the transfer. Luckily for me, the new 'smart modem' is fitted with a mobile phone SIM card and I am back on the internet at about half speed. (6MB/s). They say it will be some days before the job can be completed. Good grief!!

You keeping up here?
Today is 14 February, 2 weeks after the 'change over date' of 31 January and I finally have dial tone and the internet connection is up and running.

Hooray!

Hard work and I'd estimate I've spent 5 hours approx. on the phone in queues and in phone calls to rectify.

The nightmare ends :up: :disgust: .

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-14-2019 05:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
I had a Washburn N1 with floyd rose and locknut.
Never again, way too much hassle.

Just broke a string on my Washburn/Floyd Rose. :olo: I really don't find it that much of a hassle to just change strings though. 2 at a time and you don't have to support the bridge and all that other silly shit. But it still is a bit of a pain. The ZR bridge is pretty much the same setup with bearings instead of knife edges.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-15-2019 12:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
I've been toying with the idea of switching to the locking tuners for that very reason.

I hear Evertune bridges are awesome. Maybe that's an option.
Don't have experience with them myself though.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-15-2019 04:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Chillin on the lake today...90 degrees and dominating... Jellus?...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-16-2019 07:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just about to go and watch Newport County vs Manchester City in the FA Cup 5th round tie

Interesting stat about the two teams worth:

Newport County Squad - £50,000 - most expensive player; Joe Day - £30,000
Manchester City squad - £470,000,000 - most expensive player; Kevin De Bruyne - £66,500,00

I am not expecting any upsets; Newport County to win 2 - 1

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-16-2019 11:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looks like 3-1 to City from where i'm sitting old boy

also looks like de Bruyne spent the whole game on the bench

£66m :olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.